HSBC Employee Reviews

Great and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Damansara9 January 2018
Excellent management, emphasize on work life balance. Provide opportunity for career advancement and life long education. Structured learning and continuous training being provided according to job needs. Besides e-learning which can be accesss at any time for personal benefits. The company offers various fringe benefits to its staff among others include annual trip.
Good Working Environment
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya3 January 2018
I have learned overall investigation in FCC ( Financial Crime Compliance) Department.Good working environment and friendly working colleague.Sufficient training provided before the work been given. Guideline is given time to time.E learning is given each month.Need to go through all the exam for e.g Money Laundering and FCC.
Productive and strongly teamwork
TSC(Time Scale Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Leboh Ampang (HQ)3 January 2018
Overall it was so much fun and excited with that company.
Work life balance - team-building
Benefit is A rating-Medical card, annual leave and sick leave.
Pros
Everything is A
Cons
Nil
My 2nd favourite work place
Customer service executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya19 December 2017
Office is based in a different city basically,had a great time working in hsbc, good co-workers,good training,nice environment of working, I was handling inbound calls for credit card and personal loan for Singaporeans.
Balance Work Life
Down to Earth Management
Cross Cultural
Balance Work Life Management
Corporate Social Activity
Pros
Peer Support
Cons
Health Care
Wonderful place to work and develop your skills
Assistant Manager Operation (In charge) (Former Employee) –  HSBC Cyverjaya14 December 2017
A decision that no people should regret! Best ever place that I have worked for 6.5 years! This is due to the culture and respect created by HSBC UK for the departments. Also, my review is about the HSBC Global Resourcing (HGR), not sure how does HSBC Retail performs.
The management HGR is very much professional and always concerned about its employees. Does their best to help everyone! Equal opportunity is emphasized despite diverse groups!
Pros
Fun Colleagues, Activities, Respect, Training development, People Leadership at its best!
Cons
Local Management took over and destroyed all the hard work, Expats left after 2010.
Have sales target and minimum submission of applications
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hsbc Jalan Ipoh KL12 December 2017
*90% doing direct sales at corporate offices and shopping malls.
*Learn how to approach strangers and make them comfortable with us and exchange business card or get contact details; name and phone number.
*Learn punchuality, team work and withstand pressure by sales targets and e-learning deadlines.
* Professional management and guide subordinate to achieve sales targets.
*Team work and learn from each other, communication skill, sales strategy, time management etc.
*The hardest is to achieve sales targets (approval submissions).
*The most enjoyable is meeting new people, solves people needs (credit facilities) and other financial enquiries.
Pros
Interacts as a team and learn from each other (multi races and religious)
Cons
Sales commission every 3 months
Fun and productive workplace
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya9 December 2017
It is multiculture workplace where you can meet and learn different culture. The management care about employee needs. As I worked for shift hour, they should increase the salary.
Great platform to do networking
Advance Financial Guide (Former Employee) –  Inanam, Sabah21 November 2017
NEW DAY, NEW PEOPLE, as I get to meet new customers everyday. I learned how to communicate and build network in this organisation. The management provides a lot of training courses and it never felt enough as the training they give are very enjoyable, makes you want to learn more.

The colleagues are friendly and the work environment is great. The hardest part of being in the organisation is the working hours. The working hours is not intolerable, but it would have been better if the management look into it. Despite the working hours, everything else is great.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Long working hours
Fun place to work
Global Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya6 November 2017
I have been working at HSBC for the past 4 years. It would be a great place to work as it was a perfect place as a stepp stone. It helped employees to learn and to get to know how a corporate life and working environment would be. There were many advantages of working at HSBC such as medical,annual leaves,training programme and also exposure to the social responsibility.
Pros
Leaves
Cons
enviroment and culture is nice and refreshing
Client Data Services Executive (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur Malaysia24 October 2017
Daily basis work as usual, doing checking and pre-existing check.
Clarification on the issue or the comments that blur.

Environment and workplace culture is always encouraging.

We are independent to manage our own timing and very minimum supervision required by management.

Hardest part is to complete all work given in specific time while facing system Issue and uncertainties details that are not able be clarified and advice by requestor.

Enjoyable time we having is the time that we can spend time together among colleague like having lavish lunch and doing some games.
Pros
Easy to consult with manager and assistant manager if there is any issue related to work.
Cons
work non stop pouring in, time limitation to join others activities nor traing.
Stepping stone for fresh grads and school leavers
Global support executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 October 2017
Full training provided to understand foreign English accent. Process and introduction training is a month plus. There will be mentors and guidance given. Quarterly awards, yearly salary increase, bonus based on job review and allowances provided. Transport-bus in selected areas to get to work and it's free.
A good place to start your career as in to learn
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur13 October 2017
I would say hsbc is a good place for a start. I would like to expend my career and knowledge to another level. I have vast experience in several field
Pros
Good experience in payments
Cons
Bad management
Fun workplace
GLOBAL SUPPORT EXECUTIVES (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 October 2017
A very fun workplace to work, with a good working ambiance and plenty of place to chill and hanging around, apart from a busy day doing work. Plus the person you are working with are awesome
Great work culture
Global Executive (Former Employee) –  Sepang11 September 2017
Job is about data processing. Great work culture as they encourage work life balance. Consistency and accuracy is greatly appreciated and the rewards are huge.
Pros
Good Reward system
Cons
Dull work
an open minded working environment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Malaysia11 September 2017
employee first - a value which is most successfully delivered to each level of employees..company values employees by their ideas and contributions. job satisfaction can be found here.
Pros
employee is an assets to company- they really make it...
GOOD in banking
TIME SCALE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur6 September 2017
HSBC is one of good banking in the malaysia.HSBC also is the best place to work and also it's take care of its employee.
At HSBC also we can develop and promote our self to higher position '
very friendly environment
contact centre representative (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 August 2017
Im working in contact centre department as telesales.Working time start at 9-6.We will start our work with morning briefing from team leaders.So my task is to call cm as per lead given.Actually quite interesting because most of the time my duration (talktime) up to 5hours.The challenging part is to achieve the target given by each month.Some time we may get irrtated with cm complain and feedback.But al the hardwork payoff when we achieve our trget and receive high payout at the end of the day.
Pros
alot of benefit for employee
Cons
always ned to change according to new strategy or guideline
Amazing practice for communication skills
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya15 August 2017
Great facilities to employees with excellent technologies as a call centre. Limited career movement with high turnover. Restrictions on internet sources which limit employee creativity:
A good place to get a stable job and basic benefit
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Malaysia1 July 2017
Current company is a good place to build work experience and provides basic benefits such as insurance coverage extended to spouse and children, transport provided and gym as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.