AIA Group Limited Employee Reviews

Good career development
LIFE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru5 October 2019
Good career development. Good training, good guidance work life balance flexible working hours understanding boss friendly co workers, good remuneration
Healthier, Longer and Better Life.
Associate, HR Services (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur30 September 2019
The best place to start gaining your experience because people here will try to help us if we are willing to learn a new thing. The environment here is fun because everyone is friendly .
Challenging and Engaging
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia23 August 2019
Learnt on how to quote for Group Life Insurance Product. Transparent working culture filled with mind-challenging task and moderates the working lifestyle of each staff.
Good environment
Assistant Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Seremban18 August 2019
Overall it a good company but i need fixed income not income that base on our personal sales so i need to search another company that can give me fixed income
Flexible Hours
Associate Life Planner (Current Employee) –  Selangor18 June 2019
You be your own boss, with attractive incentives and rewards. Training are available with friendly environment. You get build self confidence in meeting new people everyday.
Productive and full of learning
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia28 November 2018
Working with AIA giving me great experience. I learned to enhance my people management skills and campaign management skills. Through out managing people and campaign performance I encountered challenges which has help me to brush up my solution providing skills.

AIA management in overall is good.
Hardest part come and go. Anyway, nothing stays hard. With consistent effort and team work, hardest things get easy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is team work.
Pros
good learning
Cons
Working long hours
Energetic company
Insurance Agent & Life Planner (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru25 November 2018
A place where you get to learned all sorts of insurance and policy, and it is where you need to put your client in the shoes and design their insurance coverage accordingly, a good place to expand connection, however the hardest part is convincing as public always have the mindset that insurance is lie.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Too flexible working time
Productive & Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  KL18 October 2018
Excellent opportunity for growth and encouragement for learning more and moving up in the company if that is what the employee wants to do. A well deserved leader in the industry.
Work life balance. Promoting a healthy life for everyone through the Vitality program. Great care and attention towards external clients
Flexi Working Hours
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Selangor, Malaysia29 August 2018
As Insurance Agent, we mostly depend on Agency Manager to hold weekly meeting as well as to conduct product training and improve selling skills

As beginner, job field help a lot in term of coaching.
Pros
Flexi Hours
Cons
No Team Bulding
Productive and healthy workplace environment
Sales Support Associates (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 August 2018
Seniors and Managers are so understanding and industrial trainee were not abused. Good learning opportunity in such big company. It may have excessive workload and work life imbalance but it is great place to work as there are good benefits for employee.
Pros
Helpful and friendly environment
Cons
Hard to absorb as permanent
Productive and enjoyable workplace
TELEMARKETING EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 June 2018
There have some benefits while working here such as gym, clinic for emergency, pool table, auditorium and many. The environment of the workplace is fun and enjoyable. The team leader and members is very kind and supportive. I learned a lot while working here.
Pros
sales recognition dinner
Cons
healthcare, time of work
Credit control manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 May 2018
Bad management skills
Great team and great superior
No appreciation on contribution
Work manual and using low technology system
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Work manual
Fun working environtment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 May 2018
The company have a great management and staff benefit are one of the best they offer. Staff and management having clear communication on the company direction.
Pros
Friday can wear casual, great annual dinner and giod culture.
Cons
So far no
A fun place to work and flexibility
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Malaysia10 May 2018
Fun place to work, Unit Manager are really friendly and welcomed anyone to join them. Who ever wanna have a fun team to work with, you can go to them.
AIA provides wonderful experience for me.
Telemarketing executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur6 April 2018
Aia one of the best insurance company not just in malaysia also in international level.Its best company for us to build up and accelerate our career .
Dreadful Environment Outbound Contact Center-Telemarketing
Executive (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur31 March 2018
Full of blame games,No team work,Manipulative,No appreciation, No professionalism.
Very long hours at least 12 hours averagely daily because old-school minded bosses who think a productive staff should work long hours when they spent their days talking & talking but seldom walk the talks. Talks involved non-work related that waste people time.
Flexible
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penang26 March 2018
Awards according achievement
More interesting meeting customer with variable mindset. Can work independently. More plans with variable monthly yearly payment methods.
Productive, friendly & supportive among co-workers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 March 2018
I think it was a very precious knowledge that I gain during my internship with them. Most of the internship students that hired by AIA along with me, we were having a really great time with great people that share their working experience with us. In review this internship has been an excellent and rewarding experience. I have been able to meet and network with so many people that I’m sure will be able to help me with opportunities in the future. One main thing that I have learned through this internship is time management skills as well as self-motivation. I learned that I needed to be organized and have questions ready for when it was the correct time to get feedback.

From this internship, self-motivation is really important to me because in real working life we need to be an independent person which is you can work with less supervision. So manager knows that you can take the responsibility with your own self. If I did not know how to do the task that has been given, I will ask directly or seek an advice from my superior. It would be better if you ask first before you make a major mistake after job performances. But during job performances it is normal to make a mistake so we learn from it. Hence it can avoid from repetitive mistake in future outcome.

In fact, I get insight into professional practice. I learned different face of working with professional people and intelligent consultants. I experienced that human resource, as in my company, is an important backbone of any businesses and it deals with the most important resources in the business, which is people.
  more... For any business to achieve its objective, they need to get the right people and develop them well in order to meet the organization’s goals.This was an excellent experience and I hope that other interns got as much out of it as I did.  less
Pros
Working life-balance, flexible time jobs, supportive superiors
Cons
Constantly hire internship students, not permanent staff
Nice facilities but we don't use it
Telesales Professional (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia8 March 2018
Big company trips, fun activities, a lot of big events. The award appreciation night is always unforgettable and over the top. Stressful working environment.
Not Fun Work Enviroment
TeleSales Representative (Telesales in Insurance) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur26 February 2018
- Forced to work extra hours with no extra pay and make it compulsory to join work on four Saturdays in a month.
- Able to learn more on types of Insurance.
- The higher management was all fine just the Team Leaders make it hard for the team members.
- Able to generate sales atleast 1-3 per day.
Pros
Non
Cons
Working Hours