AIA Group Limited Management reviews

Credit control manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 May 2018
Bad management skills
Great team and great superior
No appreciation on contribution
Work manual and using low technology system
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Work manual
Fun working environtment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 May 2018
The company have a great management and staff benefit are one of the best they offer. Staff and management having clear communication on the company direction.
Pros
Friday can wear casual, great annual dinner and giod culture.
Cons
So far no
Productive, friendly & supportive among co-workers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 March 2018
I think it was a very precious knowledge that I gain during my internship with them. Most of the internship students that hired by AIA along with me, we were having a really great time with great people that share their working experience with us. In review this internship has been an excellent and rewarding experience. I have been able to meet and network with so many people that I’m sure will be able to help me with opportunities in the future. One main thing that I have learned through this internship is time management skills as well as self-motivation. I learned that I needed to be organized and have questions ready for when it was the correct time to get feedback.

From this internship, self-motivation is really important to me because in real working life we need to be an independent person which is you can work with less supervision. So manager knows that you can take the responsibility with your own self. If I did not know how to do the task that has been given, I will ask directly or seek an advice from my superior. It would be better if you ask first before you make a major mistake after job performances. But during job performances it is normal to make a mistake so we learn from it. Hence it can avoid from repetitive mistake in future outcome.

In fact, I get insight into professional practice. I learned different face of working with professional people and intelligent consultants. I experienced that human resource, as in my company, is an important backbone of any businesses and it deals with the most important resources in the business, which is people.
  more... For any business to achieve its objective, they need to get the right people and develop them well in order to meet the organization’s goals.This was an excellent experience and I hope that other interns got as much out of it as I did.  less
Pros
Working life-balance, flexible time jobs, supportive superiors
Cons
Constantly hire internship students, not permanent staff
Not Fun Work Enviroment
TeleSales Representative (Telesales in Insurance) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur26 February 2018
- Forced to work extra hours with no extra pay and make it compulsory to join work on four Saturdays in a month.
- Able to learn more on types of Insurance.
- The higher management was all fine just the Team Leaders make it hard for the team members.
- Able to generate sales atleast 1-3 per day.
Pros
Non
Cons
Working Hours
Fun working environment
1) Traineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 February 2018
Good team management and its fun to learn something new and implement it. Team leader and teammate is very helpful and it is easy to finished the task given. Every job have their own hardest part but I manage to handle them well with a good teammate.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur9 January 2018
Enjoyed to work with the management along the way and improved a lot on how to be independent during minimal supervision. Team lunch is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short breaks
Good
Associate, Corporate Solutions Division (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur2 January 2018
Good to develop your skill.
Love our team work.
benefits not to bad
creative management
i learn how to manage with custumer by call and e-mail
i learn how i manage my time
High stress
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya11 December 2017
Highly stressful environment, no work life balance. management focuses only on KPI and not on individual career advancement or skills. Be prepared to work 10-12 hours a day and weekends as well. Good salary and other benefits.
Pros
Epf, salary, medical benefits
Cons
work environment, management
productive and fun place for example snooker,gym and extra.
Associate, Direct Sale (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur13 September 2017
Identifies our AIA business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry, researching and analyzing sales options.Sells AIA products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects, recommending solutions.Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance,researching and recommending new opportunities, recommending profit and service improvements.
Identifies AIA product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
Pros
environmental place, understanding and friendly people
Cons
the management dont know how their taking decision in every problem
Fun & Great Working Place
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 June 2017
A moderate work life balance with fun to work team mates and management. New business , new challenges but lots of new thing learnt. The management never failed to Award their best employees.
Friendly
Admin (data entry) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur13 June 2017
The management it's okay, no problem in payment staff. They have many benefits. I like work this company, but they just take a contract staff......
imbalance
Senior Specialist (Team Leader) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya29 May 2017
personally having lots of change to learn new things but there are still some challenges on people or management. Besides the management, peers to peers relationship was good and career advancement is high too.
That is nothing speacial in this company
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Melaka13 April 2017
That is nothing speacial in this company nothings to learn and the first day i work that don't have any people in the office to teach me! They write down note and ask me to do
Nice place to work and gain knowledge. Productive programs for AIA Vitality.
Industrial Relations Officer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur22 December 2016
Start of the day will be energetic with morning workout at the floor. I learned to alias and work together with other department managements and that gave me lots of knowledge with the different departments and what they do. The co workers was friendly and helped a lot. The hard part of the job is to handle meetings with higher management when my manager is not around, eventually I got hold of it and it was not difficult as time went on.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch proggrams
Cons
Slow computers
productive and fun
admin secretary (Former Employee) –  kota kinabalu14 December 2016
- Must do today, Should do today, I hope I have time for this, return phone calls, respond to emails, work on to-do list
- Communicate with customers and get what they want
- great management
- great and helpful person
- no enough time to finish all and encountered some unreasonable customers
- Great time for meetings,Recognize a lot of people
Pros
having great lunch with co-workers
Cons
A place that services provided
AGENCY SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Taiping20 September 2016
-find customer and explain the benefit with insurance and prove them to buy insurace
-the benefit with a medical card, how to communicate with others
-the management is friendly and integrated
-so-workers wiling to help if you face some problems
-the hardest part of this job is you want to go out to find your own customer, sometimes they will not friendly to you when you show your identity as a agent
- the time is flexible, can acquaint more friends
Financial Advisor
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Malaysia14 March 2016
Assess clients data base, and email them on their investment details and recommendations.
I've learned a very public relation,effective communication and convincing skill.
Well, supportive and target orientated management.
co-workers, nothing much but healthy competitions
hardest part whenever we come across unsatisfied customer/client, we need to communicate base on their way and make them understand and let them do review about our service
enjoyable, is always when we achieve our targets and receive awards/compliments.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
old school method during meetings
Productive Workspace
Helpful co-workers
Good mentoring
family and fun workplace
CONTRACT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1413 January 2016
Happy work station with helped friends if do not understand some daily job. Smart management if having a problem with job.
Pros
free lunches if have meeting
Cons
tea time shortbreak
very adventure working place
Junior executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M141 June 2015
aia was the place that i learned so many thing such as arrangement about duty, time and other. there were so many culture that i can saw. talking about management, our management very simple and caring about us