Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

Buen lugar de trabajo
almacenista montacarguista (Former Employee) –  Nogales, Son.15 June 2019
Buen lugar de trabajo un lugar en donde se aprende mucho pero pocas oportunidades de crecimiento
Pros
Te desarrollas en muchas areas
Cons
Poco sueldo
awful brow beating mentality
Sales / Marketing Rep - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NY12 June 2019
they will over burden you from the onset. If given 100 items to task if 99 are done , you will receive no praise or thanks for completing the 99 but only get discouraging remarks for the 1 that was not attained.
if you meet sales plans and projections, they will simply raise your plan but not the compensation AT ALL !!! , then if you meet ALL the financial projections , they will revert back to the 1 of 100 items and say you do not derserve merit. completely UNREALISTIC company .. management are sheep J-R- A- D
Horrible place to work
Operator-Picking Dept. (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV11 June 2019
The majority of the employees, both managers and non-managers, have a high school mentality...very cliqueish, the "cool kids" like to mock others and make them the object of derision for their own amusement, or to cement their standing. Rumors spread like wildfire from shift to shift, as it's like a social engagement for an hour whenever shifts overlap. The foreign-speaking employees, of which there are a majority, openly talk about you in front of you and behind your back. The longer tenured non-management employees have an overwhelming sense of entitlement, and tend to do as little real work as possible.
Cons
Distribution is a difficult place to be in technology at this time.
Senior Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO10 June 2019
Distribution is a difficult place to be in technology at this time. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Arrow Electronics and grew tremendously, it is time for a change.
11 June 2019

Thanks for sharing and for being a part of Arrow. Good luck in your next role.

Great place
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV10 June 2019
Arrow is a awesome place and i absolutely love it there the supervisors are awesome and all the employees are awesome to work with. I woukd highly recommend this place!
11 June 2019

Thanks for sharing! We love hearing from employees who are enjoying their experience at Arrow!

Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV9 June 2019
Productive to work
I can drive a forklift
Im a trainor
A good workplace
Easy to work
I learn how to recieve,pick and pack
Good benefits
Good management
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Health care
10 June 2019

Thanks for your feedback and for your comments about healthcare. We'll certainly pass that along to our benefits team.

Nice place to work.
Production Tech II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 June 2019
Phoenix, AZ facility.
Culture is good, People are helpful and willing to listen. Communication from management is excellent, examples for communication are, expectations for work, how the team is doing, how the team did the previous day. Team meetings are conducted everyday.
10 June 2019

Great to hear that the Phoenix team is living the Arrow Employee Experience!

Bad management, over worked and stressful place to work.
Test Tech (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CT7 June 2019
Complete lack of proper training and management. Anyone from newer hires to temps can be training someone. No consistency in processes and nobody above the line workers are held accountable for wrong doings. Everyone has their own way of doing things and you just learn the way that person taught you, it isn't necessarily the proper way.

The facility I was at are currently being audited by corporate for job processes being done incorrectly in order to beef up production numbers and force product through, resulting in verification of every asset in the building, roughly 120,000 units. needless to say it is a nightmare. I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down.

Supervisors have no clue what your job actually is or how you do it. They only care about numbers and won't actually listen to concerns you have. They'll tell you they'll take action but never do. The response is generally "I'll send an email about that." To whom, who knows.

Arrow says they value their employees but its all a lie. They like you as long as you shut up and produce. Long hours and never ending mandatory overtime (currently on a 10 Saturday in a row streak) makes for burned out and bitter employees.

Attendance points policy is awful too. Late for work literally 1 minute, you get a point. If you call out sick and don't have 8 hours sick time to cover it, you get a point. Leave early sick and can't cover the hours, 1 point. Call out on a Saturday, 2 points. Get anywhere between 8 and 12 ponts and kiss your job goodbye.

Bottom line, if you're someone who doesn't mind being endlessly
  more... over worked and doesn't have a family at home that you want to spend time with then the job would be perfect for you. The pay is good, but not worth the aggravation, over exhaustion and stress.  less
Pros
Pay, benefits, good coworkers
Cons
Long hours/weeks, terrible management and training. Management lies to you.
10 June 2019

Change is always hard, and process changes are even harder. As you’ve articulated, and as you likely already know, the security of Arrow customer data is paramount and our highest priority. As such we are always reviewing our processes and procedures to that end, and that is continuing and ongoing. As these processes evolve, all levels of employees, from leadership to the front line go through a process of learning.

The attendance policy is consistent throughout all of our facilities and is in place to help the business meet operational goals. We understand that mandatory overtime is not ideal, and can be difficult for work life balance, and will make sure your comments are passed forward to the appropriate team.

Thank you for your service to Arrow and good luck in your future endeavors!

Horrible place to work lately
Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO6 June 2019
When i started 20+ years ago Arrow was a great place. Now they care more about their race cars than employees. Raises are in frequent. Every department is severely understaffed and fingers are pointed at you from every level & group. Stay clear
Pros
We finally have decent technology!
Cons
stress, lack of vision from sr management, micro management, zero job security as layoffs are a constant
10 June 2019

Thanks for sharing. We know that as a global company with over 20,000 employees, things can get complex and jobs are frequently changing as we improve our processes and technology. Unfortunately, those changes occasionally result in layoffs. Arrow is committed to continuous improvement of our operations and employee experience, and we’ll take your comments into consideration as we plan for the future.

Nice place to work. Professioal and treat people like adults.
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH3 June 2019
The culture was good and the work/life balance was terrific. Treated like a professional and supported on all aspects. Super ongoing training was available and pay rate was as expected.
6 June 2019

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate your comments as we work to make the employee experience at Arrow the best it can be.

not a good place to work
VP, IT & Chief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO2 June 2019
not a good place to work- i cant tell you how bad it was. please dont ask me any more questions on this topic. thank you very much. hope you find the right job
Sucked
Storer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV2 June 2019
Most of the place is filled with moody and mean people. Management NEVER knew your schedule it was changed daily. Sometimes you got your hours and other times it was 50+ hours a week. The only thing I liked was the pay
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management, moody coworkers, hours
3 June 2019

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Arrow. We're always working on improving our operational stability for our employees and this feedback is useful as we continue to drive improvements.

Stressful and no operational consistency
Logistics Services Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CT2 June 2019
No process remains unchanged. Nobody on the same page. Beyond stressful because nobody can ever get anything done. HR is the worst HR I have experienced in my career. They don't have a background in operations and don't care. Not a healthy work environment, it was very chaotic.
3 June 2019

Arrow strives to bring innovation in the workplace and employees are a critical part of that. You are encouraged to bring your ideas to your leadership team to help bring consistency to the operation.

Good Culture, Amenities
Transportation Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO1 June 2019
Great place to gain experience, not great for promotion if on a smaller team/ business unit. Recruiters are supportive and helpful in search for internal career advancement. All-in-all a good place to work.
Pros
Gym, cafe on site.
Cons
Minimal opportunity for pay increase without promotion
3 June 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We work hard to provide a great place to work!

Unfortunate 500 Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO31 May 2019
I have no idea how a company like this lands in the top 500. Who you know, what you know or how much you paid to get there is more like it. Typical day is full of chaos and broken systems that were never correctly tested or put in place. The hiring of too many extra pieces to be later let go. Those extra pieces sit around on the internet all day while very few get the work done. Management in meetings making poor decisions to make bigger mistakes . It's a vicious cycle of chaos. Turnover is crazy. The longest tenure might be 2 years- It's the twinkie shelf life of an Arrow employee.
Pros
Paycheck, joker chro laughs
Cons
Management, Systems, paychecks always wrong, lack of communication
3 June 2019

Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your experience at Arrow. We believe in innovation and continuous improvement and sometime that comes with challenges. To that end, you are encouraged to bring your suggestions for improvement to your leadership team, so you can be part of the solution.

Little consideration given to the employees that do the lions share of work
Channel Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA31 May 2019
The land of distribution is driven by lower costs. The only significant way to lower costs is cutting employees and working who is left to the bone. Burn out is high.
3 June 2019

Thanks for sharing your concerns. We certainly strive to provide a stable place for our employees to contribute and we appreciate the hard work you're putting in. Your feedback is useful as we work to improve the employee experience at Arrow.

Subpar Fortune 240 Company
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO27 May 2019
Manages its capex and opex by slashing staff when the don't hit their numbers. Old school management style. If you know buzzwords or someone higher up you have a better chance for advancing.
Pros
Decent starting salary
Cons
Horrible corporare atmosphere.
29 May 2019

Occasionally, business conditions require difficult decisions. It's particularly difficult when those decisions impact our employees. Arrow values our employees and we work really hard to minimize these situations, but some are unavoidable.

Una empresa muy buena con liderazgo pobre.
Gerente de Manufactura (Former Employee) –  Nogales, Son.17 May 2019
Liderazgo enfocado en cuestiones personales y egocentrimos de la alta gerencia.
Pros
Su recurso humano
Cons
Liderazgo dictatorial
29 May 2019

Gracias por compartir sus comentarios. Apreciamos su punto de vista mientras trabajamos para mejorar la experiencia de los empleados en Arrow.

audting
Line Production Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH16 May 2019
a company need a lot improvements to achieve the high efficiency. based on their employees source, typically AE can not expect more from them. but the working schedule is very flexible for people who are looking for 2nd shfit
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ13 May 2019
It definitely was my entry position to present more hands-on computer hardware work and integration. The co-workers were friendly, willing to assist and help. It was all about time management working here, so it was less stress on not needing to pressure myself into working too fast where I lose quality work. This is a recommended good place to work at.
Pros
4 10 hour shifts, Good training.
Cons
Can be slow sometimes.
15 May 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at Arrow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.