British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 1,649 reviews
Productive and fund work place
Laboratory Executive (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya, Selangor19 October 2018
Very fast moving pace industry and can be very idealistic icon for consumer. Having said that, working in there have highest level of expectation. People here practically work intensive and active in release stress through social sport activities. So keep up with the pace if you want to stay ahead.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Iconic Product
A good place to work and learn
Production, Maintenance & Warehouse Executive (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya6 March 2018
Work is challenging and fun, you will learn about the importance of quality and not quantity. The management is very supportive in improving efficiency, output and cost cutting.

I have learned how important is decision making, scheduling production demands, managing resources and etc.

The most challenging part when there is no spare parts, think out of the box.

The most enjoyable part is when you meet your demands and everything going as planned.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
A great place to work
HR Coordinator & Recruitment Support (Former Employee) –  Malaysia25 January 2018
A great place to work! Has equal opportunity and diversity in the company. I wish I could get back to any BAT entity. I would recommend anyone to join the company.
Pros
Opportunities
active company sportclub
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya13 November 2017
every month got activities managed by sportclub. very enjoyable when working here and friendly colleague.
good management and culture.
flexible working time
Pros
free meal, cigarette
Job
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya6 October 2017
I'm learn how to organized the work.
Fun place to work. The hardest of the job, when there is a audit.
The most enjoyable of the job when co-worker giving moral support during hard time.
Freedom through responsibility
Territory Executive (Former Employee) –  British American Tobacco Malaysia8 May 2017
Great company for entry level executive. A lot of Learning and good guidance for people around. Company provides many opportunities for training and development courses.
Pros
Allowances
Cons
Restriction from government
Low chance for career progression here unless..
Executive (Current Employee) –  Malaysia20 February 2017
If you enter as mid-career professional, you'll find yourself stagnant...career progression priorities are typically given to Management Trainees. Unfortunate culture for the rest of the folks, but it is what it is.
It is Great place to work
Service Management - Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 February 2017
This company is very considerate about their employees.. gives you a global foot print and opportunity to travel. It is a good place to start your career.
Pros
Work LIfe balance
Cons
the line business is loosing its shine
Fun place to work
Territory Executive (Current Employee) –  Cheras8 January 2017
Gain experience in driving projects & distributors staff.
Work at night, weekend, public holiday occationally with ot. Yearly oversea company trip.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Politics
A very high performance culture
Brand Executive (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya19 December 2016
One of the best companies I have worked for to date. Strictly regulated processes to ensure operations are run smoothly from planning to execution with minimal challenges.
Pros
High performance culture prepares employees for tougher roles
Flexi working
Data and Process - Service Level Management (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 November 2016
Great working environment. Supportive collegue and Managers.
Fun working environment with alot of interaction activity.
Work loife balance as working from hme is permitted.
Pros
Fun work Place, Flexi
Cons
Getting back home on time
Great Place to work
BI Project Manager & EEMEA Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 July 2016
Superb people and work environment. Continuous learning opportunity and a truly global employer.Always a busy day.Learning from your mistakes.
Good company with awesome benefits
TaO Services Global Release Manager (Current Employee) –  KL20 July 2015
This company is my first & only company I work at.
It provides very good working environment & employee's benefit.
Unfortunately after working for 11 years in this company, I believe it is time for me to move on to experience different working culture in different company.
Not great working environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1417 June 2015
too much politics - management team too busy with politics to care about the people
very messy organisation
senior management are good at back stabbing
Learning new things is my eager
Laboratory Techinician (Current Employee) –  M106 May 2015
do some routine work
a lot of chemical and physical things, people behavior
hardest part is to handle and people that old timer hard to handle and to change their thinking.
learn new things and management can understand with my part time study.
Pros
free lunch, dobi, shoes, dental allowance
Cons
short breaks
Life at BAT
End Market Operations Manager (Asia Pacific) (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1421 January 2015
I am the Global Service Desk End Market Operations Manager for Asia Pacific and my remit is to ensure the quality of the delivery of service from the Fujitsu Service Desk to BAT End Markets in Asia Pacific. My role also includes responsibility for running the Major Incident Management process within Zone 3 but also globally if required.
The service is managed through a monthly Service Review structure with the markets and Fujitsu but I also act as an escalation point for the markets for high priority issues into the Fujitsu desk but also for Fujitsu back to the markets.
An important part of the job is the landing of projects from all parts of BAT at the service desk. These could be incredibly small projects to massive projects like Tao.

What’s a typical day like for you in BAT? A typical day for me in BAT involves managing any escalations that may have come to the Global Incident and Crisis Management team and contacting the desk and the service line owners to help see any incidents or requests through to fruition. I could also have a Service Review with an end market which requires a great deal of preparation in terms of analyzing reports for the Fujitsu KPIs, reviewing the IMF results along with the actual review and follow up. Thankfully a typical day doesn’t involve a MI but we must continuously scan the large amount of P1 and P2 alerts we receive from the desk on email for anything that has the potential to be a major incident.
What’s the best thing about your job? Difference ! Nothing is ever the same. Being at the front end of incident management in BAT means
  more... that you come across lots of different issues and challenges every day and given the nature of the incident management means that most of these incidents need to managed quickly. BAT generates 64,000 incidents and requests every month. A very small proportion of these need assistance through the IM process but when they do I’m there to make it happen.
It’s a similar feeling exists but on a bigger scale with Managing Major Incidents. These are incidents that have a real impact on BATs business and there’s a sick pleasure in seeing these MIs through to resolution.
What’s the most challenging thing about your job? Difference ! Nothing is ever the same. For exactly the same reasons that I regard as the best things about my job managing incidents and delivery of service can be incredibly challenging at times. There is no room for error and I describe it as like being on live Television. On average as a team we could see up to 200 emails in 24 hours many of them escalations from markets.
What’s your proudest moment so far in BAT? The recognition I received from some very senior stakeholders for my part in landing the Tao roll outs in ASPAC but also being part of the I&C Team which won the best team award in year 2012.

About BAT:

What’s the best thing about BAT? It has always been the people. Very rarely in BAT do you meet somebody who is not a nice person and such people in general they don’t tend to last. The quality of the people is always high and theres always a sense that everybody wants to well for the company.
What’s your proudest achievement in BAT? TaO rollout in Aspac which was a huge sucess
What’s on your to-do list for this year? Drive the First Call Resolution % to a point that means that when somebody in BAT contacts the Global Service Desk, 7 out of 10 times the desk will fix their issue first time. At the start of the year this was only 20% and it’s a big challenge this year for me.
I also have to ensure the landing of the new Major Incident alerts system in ASPAC along with finishing the TaO roll outs that are left for my region.
Excellent place to work and learn
Business Release Manager (ASPAC), SAP BI (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia18 January 2015
I am entrusted to manage a lot of technical activities and this provides me with an excellent opportunity to continuously upgrade my knowledge.

In terms of Management style, it is indeed based on trust and confidence and micro-management is hardly practiced. This makes my work environment stress free and enjoyable and at the same time I am aware of my roles and responsibilities at all times and I do a lot of self-management.

This gives me an opportunity to think out of the box and excel in what I do because I am allowed the freedom of making key decisions and this does not inhibit my creative or thougt process.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Sometimes required to be on call during weekends or holidays
best working places with good people
SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Malaysia19 June 2014
built up my confident level skill and techical. The hardest part of this job when sample have completed but wrong spec given.
Pros
family day
Effective company
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Malaysia17 October 2013
I'm working under an agent company that sub an project from BAT. Before start working, we get to training to be fully known about the product.
Pros
Short working hours eg. 11am-3pm.
Cons
Promote cigarette
Place for Adventure Chill and Trill !
Technology Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia24 February 2013
No two days are the same , Very Dynamic environment , Global profile and exciting work with diverse and multicultural environment
Overall it is a Fun Place to work and make a career with this organisation.
Pros
lot of activities, programmes and trainings