Club Med Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Malaysia13 December 2018
Start working at 7.30 am everyday, prepare breakfast for the guests (400-100 pax depend on season). After that start to do afternoon and dinner tapas. 3 pm- 4 pm need to serve afternoon tea (cake, sandwich, crepe,etc). Dinner service need to do live station in front of the coffee house. After 9.30 pm, start cleaning kitchen, do stock check and miseplace for the next day.
Pros
Free hostel and 3 meals
Cons
Long hours, working from morning 7.30 am to 10.30 pm
productive
Asst Houskeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuantan28 October 2018
Good working environment with all a good team player. Everyone willing to help on what you need to achieve housekeeping goals to get a positive feedback from customer.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
time management
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kuantan23 September 2018
It was a quite fun to work at. You will meet alots of new friends from different countries and you can learn other languages from them. You can enjoy all the facilities during day off.
Pros
Provided meals, accommodation and facilities
Cons
Long working hours
goodplace nice place to work
waiter (Former Employee) –  chearting4 July 2018
good class working place .the workers nice to me.then they teach me how to do the works.thecompany in cherating .that is nota company that is hotel 5 star.
Pros
rest
Cons
short breaks
Fun Workplace, Where everyday was different
Sports Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuantan3 April 2018
Most of the job was about communication to guests, interaction, learning about different cultures, staff and guests from all around the world. Managing a team of many nationalities was challenging at times but made me grow up to understand more the team.
Early start and late nights would be a typical day but was fun long hours as the guests were happy and enjoying their holidays, this is what was important.
Pros
Free meals and beverage
Cons
Lack of private time
Productive and really enjoyable work place.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kuantan27 February 2018
The job was very challenging. Management expect perfect rooms but its impossible. Because, there is few problems
⦁ Always shortage of linen
⦁ Building is very old and small rooms
⦁ Maintenance service is very poor
⦁ Not enough equipment
⦁ Low budget high expectation, etc.
My Boss is an excellent person. He always try to backup his stuffs (Thank you sir, for your support). My co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Specially, thanks to our company Director. She always support her workers and salary pay on time.
Pros
Canteens foods is very poor
Cons
Off day once a week, Annual leave is available at the time of low occupancy..
An international resort
Internship as bartender (Former Employee) –  Kelantan22 January 2018
If you enjoy to stay in the resort whole day and work for facing the people. This is a place for you to go. Although their work culture are quite tiring and stress, but their benefits are really good and you will have 99% chance to work at another resort at oversea after sometimes.
Pros
Accommodation & meals provided
fun workplace
waitress (Former Employee) –  Cherating, Kuantan,29 October 2017
When I worked there, I can gain many experience such as learn to speaking correctly and fluently. I also can comunicate with guest that from different country. Besides, the enviroment and facilities is very good.
Pros
free luncher, dinner and breakfast
Cons
shortbreak, healthcare, hostel
Higly driven staff
Assitant restaurant manager (Former Employee) –  Malaysia29 January 2017
Fantastic place of different nationalities coming together and sharing their background experience in the customer service and finding new ways to tackle the service industry in a professional manner.
Pros
Accomodation and meaks provided
Fun workplace
Childcare Assistant (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Kuantan31 December 2015
-Observe and monitor children's play activities.
-Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
-Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
-Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
-Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
Harsh workplace that trained me mentally and physically
Trainee (Former Employee) –  M0630 June 2015
Everyday, it was the same, checking out the number of guest expected and start preparation work according to the number of guests. It was challenging because everyday, the dishes prepared were not the same, and the amount needed to prepare were also different depending on the guests. Everyone works as a team and provides support to one another, to make everyday a success. The most enjoyable part would be when you see the guests compliments the food that was prepared by every single staff there.The one thing that I think was really priceless was the experience and knowledge that I gained here, It really helped me a lot in the future.
Pros
Free meals, Free accommodations, Excellent work experience
Cons
No holidays, No salary, Poor condition of accommodations
My job
finance and administrative manager (Former Employee) –  C167 January 2015
As soon as my alarm snooze for the second time, that's the time I will have drag my self out from my comfortable bed and go to work. Unlike the company in the city, if your work start at 9am, you will probable wake up at 7am, get ready in 30 minutes, jam in the traffic for one hour before you reach the work place.
Club Med Guilin is a beautiful place to work , from my bed room to my office is 15 minutes by walking, 5 minutes via bike. and on the way to my office, I will pass by a very unique scenery with green grass, flowers, the sound of bugs singing in the park, and fresh air, which you will not get it in the city.
The skills that I learned in this company are the skills that I can used for the rest of my life. how wonderful is it in your daily routine if someone come to say" hi how are you, how is your day? are you ok". it could be just a mere pass by conversation, but it feels good that someone actually notice you or care about you. The multicultural environment in this company is the best atmosphere that I ever had in my life by far, which I had learned to respect the values from different country, the language and the communication. have you ever see any general manager or operations director will pop into your office and ask about your day? have you ever have a drink with your general manager or CEO of the company at the bar and talk about something non-work related issues, I think it only exist in this company.
I feel so bless in my everyday routine, because my work schedule is very flexible as long as I get my work done on time, the culture in this organisation
  more... makes me feel that I am able to control my work, so as my employee, therefore my work principle is I like to treat everybody as an adult and I will give you plenty of space as long as the work that I asked for is done on time or accordingly to schedule.
The hardest part of my job is not about the work, is managing the people from different country, and the most effective way of managing a team is communication and leadership. There are more than 20 different nationalities employees in the company, as management leadership 101, how to communicate effectively to all your employees, and ensure the message received. Because you can be a tough leader, or a nice leader, by the end of the day, if the message is not received clearly by your team, how are you going to get your job done?
The most enjoying part is the evening program, which I love it, because sitting in front of the computer fro more than 6 hours, which is the nature of my job does not do me any favour, I like to talk and get connect with people, which the evening aperitif, the dinner with the guest, the entertainment, which sometimes I get to dance on stage (I am a very good dancer) are the best part of my job, which it balance my daily routine of my job.
Pros
good accomodation, connections with the guest, get to know people from different countries, meals in the restaurant, travel
Cons
no social security and house funding saving, no job security due to contract ends and no continuos of extension.
Fun all day!!
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pahang, Malaysia24 April 2014
Meeting lots of great people around the world. Let alone be it your guests or friends. At the end of the day, the people that we work with in a team become our families and our guests become our friends. Great experience!
Pros
Multicultural environment
Cons
Low wages