Dell Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 96 reviews matching the search See all 9,556 reviews
Great experience and exposure
Inside Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Penang1 April 2015
I had gain a lot of knowledge while working in this company where it has given me an opportunity to grow and thrive.

I was being selected as "Rising Star" and "Customer Experience Award" when I was an Inside Sales Representative and subsequently was promoted to Inside Sales Leader. In this new role, I was being awarded as Top Inside Sales Leader too.
Productive and Accurate
Inside Sales Account Management III (Former Employee) –  Selangor, Cyberjaya, Malaysia12 March 2015
the company itself, is a good working environment.
Fast phase environment. Friendly and helpful co-workers.
Cooperative team we have. And the team leader is understanding on the situation of the crisis of the country we support.
Pros
free coffee, lunch allowance
Productive and fun workplace
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Central Seberang Perai, M0710 March 2015
This workplace is very productive with the friendly friends and surrounding. The management also being good with the employee.
Pros
Good managemnt
Cons
Expensive menu
Encourage Work Life Balance
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bayan Lepas26 December 2014
Dell Management Encourage Work Life Balance. Management alway provide outside training to employees to grown by themselves.

Dell Management provide good enviroment to employees from them to work.

When I start worked at Dell, my previous AP Manager doshare their esperiance to me and alway support and stand with me to grown the teams.
Great place to work with work life balance given priority.
Program Analyst(PMO Office) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M1017 December 2014
- No fixed working hours
- cross functional management
- availability to travel
- benefits
Pros
Travelling and studies enrollment
Cons
cafeteria
Dell is a place where I have the opportunity to acquire a global mindset working with different regions to support my project.
Project Consultant (Previous) (Former Employee) –  M0716 October 2014
The name of the company, Dell Global Business Center Sdn Bhd speaks itself as a global company where I work for 5 years.

It was a remarkable experience and the most enjoyable part of the work is the opportunity to work with Asia Pacific Japan team and receive their support to ensure the implementation of the project to support any global initiative.

Despite the different countries and constraints, there is a feeling of a competitive atmosphere amongst the regional team members with the desire of each member to prove their efficiency and effectiveness to launch the project in their countries. This is therefore the biggest motivation and driver for successful implementation of the project.
Pros
Experience good support, professionally done from counterparts of different regions.
Cons
Have to sacrifice afterwork leisure time to attend night call, cos conference call is needed at different time zone of the global team to support the project.
good university at work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Malaysia5 September 2014
work life balance, great place to work, i love environment and people here are friendly, professional, helpful and work with ethics.
Pros
work life balance, good com & ben
Cons
always re-organize
Enjoyable workplace
Project Program Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang3 September 2014
Set up project from order downloaded in a particular tool where budget included as well. One of the scope in Project Management. I have learned a lot, not only work-related but how to communicate with colleagues to drive daily activities. Time management is very crucial in my job scope, to set up and deliver within a range of time. I had a fabulous co-workers, one of the reason I had a joyful long working hours. The hardest part of the job is to communicate and deal with internal co-workers from different region. Due to the different time zone and culture, I find it challenging when communicate either via email or phone. When it comes to the most enjoyable part of the job, I would say hanging around with my reporting manager and a groups of colleagues. I have to admit, it was a tough decision leaving them to pursue my dream.
Pros
MNC culture
Cons
Work-life balance
fun working place
Sales Support Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  penang29 August 2014
teamwork among the team to meet customer requirement, able to handle each other job such as backup colleague
Pros
free lunches, team building
Cons
friendly, equal treatment and approachable place to work
Project Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Penang29 May 2014
Great place to develop communication skills as we are all given opportunity to participate actively in cross-functional and cross-cultural interaction.

Working environment is very open whereby directors and clerks sit together in an open office concept. This breaks down the vertical communication barrier and encourages employees of all levels to interact.

My teammates and I enjoy a close working relationship whereby we support and cooperate to complete task.

Hardest part is to get a timely response from other stakeholders across borders. However, the time zone difference plays a part which is beyond anyone's control. During my time as a customer care agent, one of the most frustrating part is when sales team sets wrong expectations to customers and educating the sales team is actually more challenging than educating customers.

As customer care agent, the best part of the job is resolving customers' issues and turning around the experience. As a project analyst, best part of the job is when metrics are met with 100% compliance.
Pros
medical & dental benefits, lunch subsidy, bank holiday OT, opportunity for community service, equal treatment
Cons
low yearly salary increment, overly frequent change of leadership
Great Work Place
South Asia Commercial Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Penang, Malaysia20 January 2014
I am currently employed as Dell South Asia Technical Support Manager. I have 18 years of experience as a call center manager in Dell Technical Support. I successfully handled a team of twenty six agents. I first started out as an agent and gradually climbed up the ladder of success to be promoted as Team Leader and South Asia Technical Support Manager.

I have great people skills and am an effective manager. I work hard and don’t mind putting in the extra hours during busy seasons like the holidays. I have high expectations of myself and expect anyone who works with me to have the same qualities and to try their best. I understand not everyone is the same but if they are offering their best then they are on top of the game.

I have great communication skills and can professionally speak to any client and can lead any meeting to offer the goals of the company and how my department has met them. This also enables me to effectively communication with my customer service team along with talking to those customers who insist on speaking with a manager.

Thanks.
Productive and Fun to work
Techincal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1420 September 2013
• Trusted Advisor: Dell does not profess to be the subject matter expert in every field of the ICT industry. Dell leverages relationships with its preferred partners to ensure the best expertise are engaged to deliver the architected solution by Dell in collaboration with our PMP Certified Project Managers.
• Catalyst: Dell is the catalyst in bringing together the necessary technologies, in-house expertise, and partners to cater for today’s heterogeneous environments.
• Single Point of Contact and Accountability: Customer’s realise the expense in dealing with multiple partners and managing multiple contracts. Dell acts as the single point of contact and assumes accountability for the provision of hardware, software, professional services, and ongoing support services.
• The Dell brand: Dell is not going to jeopardise our brand in the IT community by selling sub-standard solutions. Dell undertakes a rigorous and sophisticated service readiness methodology prior to marketing Dell products and services that form the end-to-end solutions that aim to deliver benefits to our valued customers. If we didn’t believe in our solutions, we would not associate the Dell name
Great Place to work
Senior Manager II (Current Employee) –  Penang19 August 2013
1. Good environment.
2. Work Life balance.
3. Good Management.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
unsecure
A growing and stable company... Dell Inc.
Technical Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Penang, Malaysia21 December 2012
Dell is a great company where employees grow with their planned career path. It's a company that provides a lot of knowledge who's willing to learn more.
Pros
monthly relocation allowance, premium monthly salary, meal allowance
I loved it there!
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Penang, Malaysia29 July 2012
I've learned a lot during my 3-month internship at Dell, such as managing large amount of detailed data using Microsoft Excel, creating a GM/Controller scorecard, and etc. A typical day at work was 9-5. I loved the people there, they are super friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was definitely setting my priorities. So many deadlines to meet hence I had to prioritize to see which assignment was rather important and which wasn't. Overall, what I enjoyed most of the job was that I've got to learn so much about the company and many more.