DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 3,681 reviews
Fun work place but people mentality need to change
Assistant F&B Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  penang, malaysia3 March 2019
The company was good and the benefit is great. Just the matter that penang people mentality need to change to be more open minded and take ownership on their job.
Pros
comfortable staff canteen and place to relax
Cons
a lot of defect due to old building
A great brand to work under.
Human Resources Trainee (Former Employee) –  Penang13 February 2019
Overall is very good. Great career, great rewards, great environment. the Hilton culture is great too. The management team needs to improve to ensure things run smoother.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Far from city
Exposure in various departments
Kitchen Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur27 January 2019
I've had my internship and I was able to experience many different kitchens; Chinese Restaurants, Italian Restaurants, Cold Kitchen, Butcher, Pastry and Indian Kitchen. It was an amazing learning curve for me.
Free meals
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur1 December 2018
I love the free meals provided for the employee.Chef is king preparing lunch.I learned how to clean hotel rooms with structered protocol.
Hardest part of the job is cleaning each room takes lots of time.
Pros
Free lunches.Tips from customers.
Cons
Too many rooms to clean.Each rooms take a bout half an hour to clean
The Challenging work places environment.
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Johor Bahru9 October 2018
Doubletree by Hilton JB is the famous company or hotel in worldwide with a brands of Hilton. I had learn knowledge in Pastry Kitchen with the right methods.
productive company
operative maintenance (Current Employee) –  Johor Bahru19 September 2018
i learned about technician jobs. team spirit and leadership skills. maintain variety of records, complete record activity and reports. arranged meetings with vendors and suppliers. create safe environment for guess.
Pros
free food
Cons
leave
good company
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johor Bahru6 May 2018
its great environment for staff, fun having a sporting boss, and best place. got free lunches, friendly staff and easygoing worklife, but too MUCH FOR BIAS SYSTEM.
high standard work environment
Reception Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur8 April 2018
 At Executive Lounge we providing professional service for our Royalty Hilton honors Guest. Guests in a courteous and prompt manner to ensure great guest satisfaction.
 Make sure our DTKL standards of excellence quality, professionalism and friendliness.
 Setting the standards to be followed by all to ensure Hilton brand name reflected in every guest experience during arrival and departure.Perform check-in and check-out
Pros
1 meal free
Cons
free uniform and birthday gift
Senior Front Office (Former Employee) –  JOHOR BAHRU14 March 2018
So far I was satisfied, good, maybe I can recommend my friends those who are interested to work in hotel line and other department in this hilton hotel
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Fun working in teamwork
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru28 February 2018
You will get tired because it work more than 8 hours sometimes it will be 10 hours , but many benefits you will get such salary you can claim every Tuesday and Thursday , they give you a payslip everyday...and you can claim your salary every Tuesday and Thursday easy to money.
Pros
Free dinner
Good Company To Work With
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Penang14 February 2018
Nice place to start to work.Great culture.Good working environment.Many E-learning program for your development.Good future for you to grow.Many sports activities.
Pros
Free food etc breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper
Cons
healthcare benefits is good
Good brand and training
OUTLET & BAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru29 December 2017
Hotel provide training and also management is good. Team can learn and teach more skills. Team is supportive even during hard time. Hotel provide 2 days of to staff which is good for them so they can put more concentration in work.
Pros
Provide break meals
Cons
2 days off and medical
Working in Double tree by Hilton helped me to grow and improve my skills and knowledge about hotel
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur27 December 2017
The management took care of me and my colleagues like we were a family. They also would love to hire me back whenever possible. Overall, I had a wonderful workplace in Doubletree
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
Company which you can develop your innovation
Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur3 December 2017
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in the hotel industry and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notch
Pros
Staff meal
Work place
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur22 November 2017
It was a great place to work with great environment and supporting crew and always had a hand whenever needed to face new things in daily basis.Excellent behavior from the crew as well as the boss
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very Short break
overall good
finance (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 November 2017
I am thankful to the company because they teach me a lot of things that I never learn in study life. Although the things that I learn is basic,but the supervisor have explain all the details of function to me.
Internship
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Malaysia23 October 2017
My first four months in the real kitchen industry as a trainee. It was a big eye opener and i realize its not that easy in hotel line, But i could cope with the busy schedule is what made me who i am today
Brand Standard & Training
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johor bahru22 September 2017
-Good training place and develop your skills.
-People management
-Operation efficiency
- Train the trainer
- CARE culture towards the team and guest
Pros
2 days off
Productive and fun environment
Executive Lounge Manager (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru8 September 2017
Ensuring Doubletree Brand standards are consistently pray
To be aware of top corporate and VIP clients of the hotel, recognizing and welcoming them by name upon their return visits to the hotel
Ability in all facets of Human Resources nature interviewing,evaluating, discipline and termination
Maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests
Observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment, makes recommendations foe corrections and impoas needed
Communicate with the Chef and food & beverage manager to discuss menus. Work in co-operations with the Chef to ensure top quality food serving
Manage and control rooms inventory of Executive Floor rooms
Pros
Free meals, MYR 500 meals allowance everymonth, free parking, company phone
Professional enhancement
Guest Relation Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 August 2017
Always a busy day to begin with, but most importantly it help a person to gain confidence and enhancing learning and self development ahead with brand new staff project that able communication between staff and employer directly. Unfortunately the most hardest part ever is that the hotel is too busy that sometimes for a multitasking person need to be unitask as we need to control the pressure that going around. Indeed working in hospitality line is the fastest ways to a person to learn a lot within a short period of time. And the most interesting part is keeping the guest enjoys their stays in the hotel and received abundant of service compliment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less staff

51.3K