EY Employee Reviews

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 6,231 reviews
Lifetime experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur8 July 2019
I had 4 years experience in EY which has made me who i am today, definitely a lifetime experience. I have a great boss who leads me throughout, garnered a lot of professional skill and knowledge from the company. Although sometimes we have to work late in order to meet the deadlines, i do enjoy every bit of it. I also fortunate enough to have met the people there where they become my best friends, definitely a lifetime experience working with the firm.
Pros
Great people culture
Cons
Great People culture with good career development
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur7 July 2019
- Great People and Great Culture
- Good learning experience
- Great opportunities
- Good employee benefits
- Supportive superior
- Career exposure
- Open communication
Pros
career development and culture
Cons
working hours
Friendly colleague
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  EY Malaysia5 July 2019
I have learnt how to multitasking and be meticulous at work in order to meet deadlines and avoid procrastination. Management has shown good appreciation of staff contribution.
Pros
good mentors
Cons
long working hours
Steep learning curve
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Damansara29 June 2019
Being in the big firm, I need to have a quick learning rate since i need to manage a lot of tasks. Everything was new to me fortunately my team members were very supportive and helpful and that was how I managed to progress quite fast.
Typical big 4
Audit Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 April 2019
Great company. A lot to learn . Your life will hv no fun. But depends on the team u work with. Benefits great. Haevy workload as usual . Worth the pay. Or less.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Workload
Great exposure and environment
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 February 2019
EY has provided me with very wide exposure regarding audit field especially for the new starter. The people and culture in EY are very nice and the seniors are very helpful in assisting me in every way that would benefit for the companies and help in developing my knowledge in this area.
Great workplace with a lot opportunities to learn
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur13 February 2019
The bonding among staff is very strong. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other when in need. Even the superiors are very understanding and supportive on every area where a staff needed.
Pros
Able to travel
Cons
Long working hours
Excellent working experience despite poor work-life balance
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Selangor30 January 2019
Exposure to different industries and type of organisations is widely available. However, that is, if you can cope well with the poor work-life balance and could accept the relatively low salary compared to your workload.
Pros
Excellent work experiences
Cons
Overtime rate and transport claims are given on a rotational basis, meaning you might not be able to fully claim according to your mileage and OT hours, but need to take turns with your colleagues to claim, due to your job budget constraint.
Fun and challenging working life
Audit Associate 2 - Audit and Assurance (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur29 January 2019
The Company is a good place for a fresh graduate to work as it will give you an inclining learning curve where you can find a very challenging and interesting industry to work with.

The most enjoyable parts are the buddies or your colleagues there. They were awesome.

One thing that you will learn here is how to prioritize and manage your time very well.
Great for experience in a variety of industries
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 January 2019
I learned a lot in my 3 years at EY. But I did not believe in their solutions and EY Malaysia staff should get better training. There should be less hierarchy at the workplace.
Pros
Experience
People Culture & Working Environment
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur14 January 2019
Being a part of EY is basically one of my proud moments in my life so far. EY is one of the great companies, not only the fresh grads but also the experienced ones should join as the firm provides strong career development and solid industry knowledge. Working in EY as an auditor, long working hour may be tough for us, however helpful and friendly colleagues are always there to lend a hand or, to cheer up the stressful environment!
Pros
Strong career development & solid industry knowledge
Cons
Dull and health hazard working environment due to long working hour.
More knowledge able to earn in EY
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Terengganu13 January 2019
Really a good place to start with and build your career. You can earn more valuable knowledge from there. You can directly direct with your clients, and can provide accounting and auditing opinions to them.
Pros
Earn extra knowledge
Cons
No worklife balance
Audit assistant
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Kota kinabalu9 January 2019
For my Key Duties as a auditor are include drafting account and prepare audit working papers such as statutory audit, prepare balance confirmation, Test of Controls and etc.
Pros
higher Medical benefit
Cons
without overtime working
A company that has a good culture and vision.
Intern Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia29 December 2018
A good company with an excellent culture and provide self-development programs. However, the workload is pretty heavy and not work-life balance. The employees there are friendly and energetic.
Typical hectic
Assurance Trainee (Full Time Internship) (Former Employee) –  Kuching27 December 2018
Workplace is very stressing. Seniors unwilling to guide and managers is pushy on work. Lunch on time but workload is too overload. Not passion in guiding.
Pros
Some seniors willing to guide juniors.
Cons
Upper management very bad.
Love the people culture
Risk Transformation Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarawak, Malaysia25 December 2018
Somewhat typical corporate in a sense that you can expect intense work load but the people I have encountered in EY are generally really nice and most leaders are approachable and encourage juniors to contribute to projects.
Pros
Company trips, free merchandise, nice hotels
Cons
For branch /smaller offices, not much room for career progression.
Plenty to learn means zero work life balance
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 December 2018
fast paced environment with plenty to learn and good progression rates, however the common audit firm culture persists - multiple overnights during peak periods lead to less productivity and poor health.
Ernst and Young a good place to gain experience
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Penang, MY9 December 2018
My daily task usually consist of auditing companies. With that i am able to learn about financial structure and practice for different sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and property development just to name a few. Management wise needs improving especially during peak period. The management should emphasize more on work life balance. This place have one of the best culture as in team member support and help each other to complete the task at hand.
Pros
exposure to different accounting practices from different companies
Cons
there is no emphasize on work life balance
Working experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 November 2018
I am taking charge of tax compliance work (i.e. review tax computation, review tax estimate and correspondence letter, etc.), provide tax ruling opinion on the business transactions to client and liaise with the Inland Revenue Board for the tax dispute and investigation on behalf of client's corporate tax matter.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Cross reporting in function
Team Culture
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 November 2018
For the past 40 months with EY, I have grown a lot from day 1 I stepped into this firm. From team work to leadership. I was given a chance to lead a few engagements where I dealt with teams from various part of the world such as Singapore, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and more. This international exposure is an eye opening experience.
Pros
International experience
Cons
Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K