EY Employee Reviews

Found 64 reviews matching the search See all 5,932 reviews
Great workplace with a lot opportunities to learn
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur13 February 2019
The bonding among staff is very strong. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other when in need. Even the superiors are very understanding and supportive on every area where a staff needed.
Pros
Able to travel
Cons
Long working hours
Excellent working experience despite poor work-life balance
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Selangor30 January 2019
Exposure to different industries and type of organisations is widely available. However, that is, if you can cope well with the poor work-life balance and could accept the relatively low salary compared to your workload.
Pros
Excellent work experiences
Cons
Overtime rate and transport claims are given on a rotational basis, meaning you might not be able to fully claim according to your mileage and OT hours, but need to take turns with your colleagues to claim, due to your job budget constraint.
Fun and challenging working life
Audit Associate 2 - Audit and Assurance (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur29 January 2019
The Company is a good place for a fresh graduate to work as it will give you an inclining learning curve where you can find a very challenging and interesting industry to work with.

The most enjoyable parts are the buddies or your colleagues there. They were awesome.

One thing that you will learn here is how to prioritize and manage your time very well.
Great for experience in a variety of industries
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 January 2019
I learned a lot in my 3 years at EY. But I did not believe in their solutions and EY Malaysia staff should get better training. There should be less hierarchy at the workplace.
Pros
Experience
People Culture & Working Environment
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur14 January 2019
Being a part of EY is basically one of my proud moments in my life so far. EY is one of the great companies, not only the fresh grads but also the experienced ones should join as the firm provides strong career development and solid industry knowledge. Working in EY as an auditor, long working hour may be tough for us, however helpful and friendly colleagues are always there to lend a hand or, to cheer up the stressful environment!
Pros
Strong career development & solid industry knowledge
Cons
Dull and health hazard working environment due to long working hour.
More knowledge able to earn in EY
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Terengganu13 January 2019
Really a good place to start with and build your career. You can earn more valuable knowledge from there. You can directly direct with your clients, and can provide accounting and auditing opinions to them.
Pros
Earn extra knowledge
Cons
No worklife balance
Audit assistant
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Kota kinabalu9 January 2019
For my Key Duties as a auditor are include drafting account and prepare audit working papers such as statutory audit, prepare balance confirmation, Test of Controls and etc.
Pros
higher Medical benefit
Cons
without overtime working
A company that has a good culture and vision.
Intern Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia29 December 2018
A good company with an excellent culture and provide self-development programs. However, the workload is pretty heavy and not work-life balance. The employees there are friendly and energetic.
Typical hectic
Assurance Trainee (Full Time Internship) (Former Employee) –  Kuching27 December 2018
Workplace is very stressing. Seniors unwilling to guide and managers is pushy on work. Lunch on time but workload is too overload. Not passion in guiding.
Pros
Some seniors willing to guide juniors.
Cons
Upper management very bad.
Love the people culture
Risk Transformation Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarawak, Malaysia25 December 2018
Somewhat typical corporate in a sense that you can expect intense work load but the people I have encountered in EY are generally really nice and most leaders are approachable and encourage juniors to contribute to projects.
Pros
Company trips, free merchandise, nice hotels
Cons
For branch /smaller offices, not much room for career progression.
Plenty to learn means zero work life balance
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 December 2018
fast paced environment with plenty to learn and good progression rates, however the common audit firm culture persists - multiple overnights during peak periods lead to less productivity and poor health.
Ernst and Young a good place to gain experience
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Penang, MY9 December 2018
My daily task usually consist of auditing companies. With that i am able to learn about financial structure and practice for different sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and property development just to name a few. Management wise needs improving especially during peak period. The management should emphasize more on work life balance. This place have one of the best culture as in team member support and help each other to complete the task at hand.
Pros
exposure to different accounting practices from different companies
Cons
there is no emphasize on work life balance
Working experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 November 2018
I am taking charge of tax compliance work (i.e. review tax computation, review tax estimate and correspondence letter, etc.), provide tax ruling opinion on the business transactions to client and liaise with the Inland Revenue Board for the tax dispute and investigation on behalf of client's corporate tax matter.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Cross reporting in function
Team Culture
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 November 2018
For the past 40 months with EY, I have grown a lot from day 1 I stepped into this firm. From team work to leadership. I was given a chance to lead a few engagements where I dealt with teams from various part of the world such as Singapore, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and more. This international exposure is an eye opening experience.
Pros
International experience
Cons
Long working hours
Haved experience in Audit
Audit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tawau23 October 2018
I can improved my working experience in auditing services and i can fix my lower communication technic with client through this job as audit assistant
Productive and fun workplace with supportive senior staffs
Vacation Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kota Bharu29 September 2018
6 months training in EY Kota Bharu gave me a new and priceless experience where I am able to meet up new people and being in a new working enviroment.
High learning opportunity
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 September 2018
Research and proposal preparations for multiple projects that cuts across various sector. Learned researching and business acumen skills, with personal grooming. Long hours are hardest part of the job and vthe most enjoyable part is the variety of project background
Pros
High learning opportunities
Cons
Apply to the right service line
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur6 September 2018
Different service line will have very big differences. Choose wisely. You might end up doing simple and unchallenging work. OT culture is encouraged here (MY).
Great team work and wonderful environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur2 July 2018
had a great leader who guide all along my internship
open a great opportunity to start of my career journey
great team work and fun environment, beyond my expectation..
friendly coworkers who always help and guide throughout thick and thin
Pros
flexible working time
Cons
peak training days are hard
Can be fun and challenging
Manager, Advisory (Current Employee) –  Malaysia1 July 2018
Depends on projects, it can be fun at the same time challenging . At times project scope is too big with limited resource.

Team members are normally are helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

52K