EY Employee Reviews

Found 74 reviews matching the search See all 6,316 reviews
Ernst and Young a good place to gain experience
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Penang, MY9 December 2018
My daily task usually consist of auditing companies. With that i am able to learn about financial structure and practice for different sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and property development just to name a few. Management wise needs improving especially during peak period. The management should emphasize more on work life balance. This place have one of the best culture as in team member support and help each other to complete the task at hand.
Pros
exposure to different accounting practices from different companies
Cons
there is no emphasize on work life balance
Working experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 November 2018
I am taking charge of tax compliance work (i.e. review tax computation, review tax estimate and correspondence letter, etc.), provide tax ruling opinion on the business transactions to client and liaise with the Inland Revenue Board for the tax dispute and investigation on behalf of client's corporate tax matter.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Cross reporting in function
Team Culture
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 November 2018
For the past 40 months with EY, I have grown a lot from day 1 I stepped into this firm. From team work to leadership. I was given a chance to lead a few engagements where I dealt with teams from various part of the world such as Singapore, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and more. This international exposure is an eye opening experience.
Pros
International experience
Cons
Long working hours
Haved experience in Audit
Audit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tawau23 October 2018
I can improved my working experience in auditing services and i can fix my lower communication technic with client through this job as audit assistant
Productive and fun workplace with supportive senior staffs
Vacation Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kota Bharu29 September 2018
6 months training in EY Kota Bharu gave me a new and priceless experience where I am able to meet up new people and being in a new working enviroment.
High learning opportunity
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 September 2018
Research and proposal preparations for multiple projects that cuts across various sector. Learned researching and business acumen skills, with personal grooming. Long hours are hardest part of the job and vthe most enjoyable part is the variety of project background
Pros
High learning opportunities
Cons
Apply to the right service line
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur6 September 2018
Different service line will have very big differences. Choose wisely. You might end up doing simple and unchallenging work. OT culture is encouraged here (MY).
Great team work and wonderful environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur2 July 2018
had a great leader who guide all along my internship
open a great opportunity to start of my career journey
great team work and fun environment, beyond my expectation..
friendly coworkers who always help and guide throughout thick and thin
Pros
flexible working time
Cons
peak training days are hard
Can be fun and challenging
Manager, Advisory (Current Employee) –  Malaysia1 July 2018
Depends on projects, it can be fun at the same time challenging . At times project scope is too big with limited resource.

Team members are normally are helpful
The Company provides a good platform to start a career.
Auditor (Senior 3) (Current Employee) –  Kuala Terengganu23 May 2018
EY provide positive working environment, managers and seniors will make time to explain and to coach junior. Everyday, new challenges and complexities push my limits and enhance my knowledge but the hardest part is to find work life balance
Friendly and helpful work team
Vocational Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tawau8 May 2018
The friendly culture in EY is one of the most valuable factors that makes it a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to engage in various industries and it helps to expand my field of vision.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Good for learning
Supervisor, Risk Advisory (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 April 2018
Good place to learn and good colleagues. However, you will not have any work life balance work here. Management is demanding and can be unreasonable at times.
Pros
Good Trainning
Cons
No work life balance
High learning curve
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 March 2018
Coaching is the culture at EY, Seniors and Managers will take time to explain and coach us in areas which we do not understand. However, the hardest part of the job is to maintain a work life balance.
Friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia1 March 2018
Typical hours were 8.30am-5.30pm excluding OT during days I visited client's premises. My seniors were very friendly and were willing to answer my questions.
I learnt about how the Auditors prepared financial statements, engagement letters and the organisational structure of the firm. The firm had a fairly flat organisational structure so I got to interact with people who were near senior management level.
The hardest part of the job was understanding and carrying out some parts of the statutory audit as I had not studied audit at University yet.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and work with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Pros
Near to restaurants, friendly seniors
Cons
Induction was not very organised
Productive and fun workplace
Audit trainee (Former Employee) –  Kota Bharu24 February 2018
A good place to work with the professional staff and able to learn a lot related to auditing. The workplace is nice and have a good culture among staff.
A very good company to work for
Assistant Manager / Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Malaysia20 February 2018
Co-worker very friendly, interact very well together like a family. Manager and boss very easy to work with. Very big company and workplace huge and clean.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Lots of deadline
Learn a lot of things
Audit Trainee (Former Employee) –  Malaysia26 January 2018
Gain new experience in audit area for self-improvement in the future. The staff are friendly and helpful and I travel a lot when I join this company. Learn how outstation life was.
Friendly colleagues and good management
Audit Assistant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Miri, Sarawak3 January 2018
i learnt about auditing from senior auditors and had the chance to visit audit client's office as well as the communication skills in the workplace. The management in the office is good. Everyone is cooperative and productive. I have met lovely and friendly colleagues. I felt comfortable working with them. The hardest part of the job is that some tasks are challenging for me and seniors did not have time to coach me individually during the peak period. The most enjoyable part in the workplace is that sharing food and having good time talking with colleagues during break time.
Pros
great workplace culture
Acceptable
Associate (Former Employee) –  Malacca City23 November 2017
it's not recommended for fresh graduate who has a little bit of work life balance in mind which caused much of the key staffs to resigned at a certain point of time that resulted in disruption in operation
Pros
travelling
Cons
staff arrangment
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru28 October 2017
For a fresh graduate, EY is a good stepping stone. EY is a place where we are able to learn and experience many things. It may be stressful and challenging during peak periods but it is worth it as you are able to gain valuable experiences.
Pros
Friendly environment and helpful colleagues.
Cons
poor work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K