Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

Malaysia80 reviews
Great learning Curve
The workload and hours will test your perseverance, but the learning curve is great.
The culture is great, and you will be surrounded by energetic and interesting people.

Upper management are impressive leaders.
Audit assistant
For my Key Duties as a auditor are include drafting account and prepare audit working papers such as statutory audit, prepare balance confirmation, Test of Controls and etc.
Pros
higher Medical benefit
Cons
without overtime working
A company that has a good culture and vision.
A good company with an excellent culture and provide self-development programs. However, the workload is pretty heavy and not work-life balance. The employees there are friendly and energetic.
Typical hectic
Workplace is very stressing. Seniors unwilling to guide and managers is pushy on work. Lunch on time but workload is too overload. Not passion in guiding.
Pros
Some seniors willing to guide juniors.
Cons
Upper management very bad.
Love the people culture
Somewhat typical corporate in a sense that you can expect intense work load but the people I have encountered in EY are generally really nice and most leaders are approachable and encourage juniors to contribute to projects.
Pros
Company trips, free merchandise, nice hotels
Cons
For branch /smaller offices, not much room for career progression.
Plenty to learn means zero work life balance
fast paced environment with plenty to learn and good progression rates, however the common audit firm culture persists - multiple overnights during peak periods lead to less productivity and poor health.
Ernst and Young a good place to gain experience
My daily task usually consist of auditing companies. With that i am able to learn about financial structure and practice for different sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and property development just to name a few. Management wise needs improving especially during peak period. The management should emphasize more on work life balance. This place have one of the best culture as in team member support and help each other to complete the task at hand.
Pros
exposure to different accounting practices from different companies
Cons
there is no emphasize on work life balance
Working experience
I am taking charge of tax compliance work (i.e. review tax computation, review tax estimate and correspondence letter, etc.), provide tax ruling opinion on the business transactions to client and liaise with the Inland Revenue Board for the tax dispute and investigation on behalf of client's corporate tax matter.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Cross reporting in function
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Team Culture
For the past 40 months with EY, I have grown a lot from day 1 I stepped into this firm. From team work to leadership. I was given a chance to lead a few engagements where I dealt with teams from various part of the world such as Singapore, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and more. This international exposure is an eye opening experience.
Pros
International experience
Cons
Long working hours
Haved experience in Audit
I can improved my working experience in auditing services and i can fix my lower communication technic with client through this job as audit assistant
Productive and fun workplace with supportive senior staffs
6 months training in EY Kota Bharu gave me a new and priceless experience where I am able to meet up new people and being in a new working enviroment.
High learning opportunity
Research and proposal preparations for multiple projects that cuts across various sector. Learned researching and business acumen skills, with personal grooming. Long hours are hardest part of the job and vthe most enjoyable part is the variety of project background
Pros
High learning opportunities
Cons
Apply to the right service line
Different service line will have very big differences. Choose wisely. You might end up doing simple and unchallenging work. OT culture is encouraged here (MY).
Great team work and wonderful environment
had a great leader who guide all along my internship
open a great opportunity to start of my career journey

great team work and fun environment, beyond my expectation..

friendly coworkers who always help and guide throughout thick and thin
Pros
flexible working time
Cons
peak training days are hard
Can be fun and challenging
Depends on projects, it can be fun at the same time challenging . At times project scope is too big with limited resource.

Team members are normally are helpful
少有晋升空间,学不到东西,不需创新,只要听话的人偶。
1. 资本主义,压榨员工。
2. 只要是有错,都是员工的错,和高层无关。

3. 不需要员工创新能力,只需服从命令的员工。

4. 加班不给加班费, 请假需自己补回工作时间,但不会发薪水,也就是免费工作。
Pros
遇到不同背景的人
Cons
压榨员工,学习机会少
The Company provides a good platform to start a career.
EY provide positive working environment, managers and seniors will make time to explain and to coach junior. Everyday, new challenges and complexities push my limits and enhance my knowledge but the hardest part is to find work life balance
Friendly and helpful work team
The friendly culture in EY is one of the most valuable factors that makes it a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to engage in various industries and it helps to expand my field of vision.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Good for learning
Good place to learn and good colleagues. However, you will not have any work life balance work here. Management is demanding and can be unreasonable at times.
Pros
Good Trainning
Cons
No work life balance
High learning curve
Coaching is the culture at EY, Seniors and Managers will take time to explain and coach us in areas which we do not understand. However, the hardest part of the job is to maintain a work life balance.
Friendly work environment
Typical hours were 8.30am-5.30pm excluding OT during days I visited client's premises. My seniors were very friendly and were willing to answer my questions.
I learnt about how the Auditors prepared financial statements, engagement letters and the organisational structure of the firm. The firm had a fairly flat organisational structure so I got to interact with people who were near senior management level.

The hardest part of the job was understanding and carrying out some parts of the statutory audit as I had not studied audit at University yet.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and work with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Pros
Near to restaurants, friendly seniors
Cons
Induction was not very organised