Here to help
Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

Malaysia80 reviews
Great learning Curve
The workload and hours will test your perseverance, but the learning curve is great.
The culture is great, and you will be surrounded by energetic and interesting people.

Upper management are impressive leaders.
Productive and fun workplace
A good place to work with the professional staff and able to learn a lot related to auditing. The workplace is nice and have a good culture among staff.
A very good company to work for
Co-worker very friendly, interact very well together like a family. Manager and boss very easy to work with. Very big company and workplace huge and clean.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Lots of deadline
Learn a lot of things
Gain new experience in audit area for self-improvement in the future. The staff are friendly and helpful and I travel a lot when I join this company. Learn how outstation life was.
Friendly colleagues and good management
i learnt about auditing from senior auditors and had the chance to visit audit client's office as well as the communication skills in the workplace. The management in the office is good. Everyone is cooperative and productive. I have met lovely and friendly colleagues. I felt comfortable working with them. The hardest part of the job is that some tasks are challenging for me and seniors did not have time to coach me individually during the peak period. The most enjoyable part in the workplace is that sharing food and having good time talking with colleagues during break time.
Pros
great workplace culture
Acceptable
it's not recommended for fresh graduate who has a little bit of work life balance in mind which caused much of the key staffs to resigned at a certain point of time that resulted in disruption in operation
Pros
travelling
Cons
staff arrangment
For a fresh graduate, EY is a good stepping stone. EY is a place where we are able to learn and experience many things. It may be stressful and challenging during peak periods but it is worth it as you are able to gain valuable experiences.
Pros
Friendly environment and helpful colleagues.
Cons
poor work life balance
Productive and good workplace culture
Throughout the 2 years in EY, i have learned a lot especially on team management. It is a good opportunity to master all the technical skills and apply it to the client's project. The most challenging part was to hit the very short deadline with limited resources.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Top professional services firm
Top professional services firm, with continuous learning experience. Most of the people in the firm are helpful and inspirational, it has been a great pleasure to work with them together.
Pros
Good people culture
Cons
Long working hours
Wide range of Client
able to gain experience for providing service to MNC companies
hardest job is drafting an advice

gain satisfaction when i was able to deliver what client want
Pros
better exposure
Cons
long working hours
Friendly and supportive workplace
Steep learning curve, friendly staff and management, Exposure to various industries, Education support. However, the norm of long working hours is expected.
Enjoyable working environment
The working culture is good and the colleagues and the seniors are willing to teach. The workload in EY is a lot and the work schedule is full all the times.
Good learning environment
The audit team is very helpful. As an intern, I learned a lot from them on how to complete my job. They will also worry about my concerns about the job and try to make sure I understand everything.
Pros
Good environment, try to make the staff to be more rela
Cons
Long hour of OT during Peak Period
Productive and fun workplace
My team members are very friendly and helpful in teaching me in the day to day work activities. I learned to be independent in all the tasks assigned to me. For example, take initiative to discover the task given and generate an overall view with questions before asking what and how to do it and when to submit from the manager or senior who assigned me the task. The hardest part of the job is to be able to work under pressure especially meeting the deadlines. But I learned to be organized and make priorities to the task deadlines and manage my work in a more efficient multitasking style. The most enjoyable part of the job is the accomplishment of a task and the wonderful colleagues that I work together with.
Ok place
Working hours are bad. But people culture is good. During peak periods, you are expected to work till 5am but you are not compensated for it. You get time off but you are never allowed to utilized it.
Branch office of EY
EY provides good training and career progressive.
The clientele is complex, which is also required a lot of travelling.

Staffs are management are overloaded with jobs, but less office politic due to the fair treatment and allocation of resources.
Pros
Training and study allowance
Cons
No personal time
Tough Working Culture
- There is no work life balance at Ernst & Young
- Learned on tough working culture

- Workplace culture is very open and friendly
Pros
Job security and advancement
Cons
No work life balance
Friendly colleagues and work well in teams
co-operation is the key to success, importance of being a team player, brush up my language and communication skills, more active
Heavy workload
5 years in EY has given me sufficient time to be involved in a variety of engagements, such as valuation, due diligence, privatization, financial modeling and M&A advisory.
Productivity determine by work environment and willing to learn and gain new experiences.
The job is to do the general works in Tax department technically for general works in the office such as filling, mailing, data entry, workers imigration, arranging the meeting room, reporting for maintainance, and preparing for ordering to restock stationery used in department.
Young and Fun workplace
Being in audit gets to know more youngsters as most of them are fresh graduates. The friendship that you gain apart of work will be valuable.
Pros
Friendship gained
Cons
Long Hours