EY Employee Reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 6,737 reviews
A great place to learn and work
Vacation Program (Former Employee) –  Penang20 December 2016
I got a chance to join the vacation program organised by Ernst and Young in the Assurance department. While working in the department, I got the opportunity to work at the client's office. Due to I was an undergraduate trainee, I did most of the vouching work and handle some of the sections as well. The hardest part and also the most enjoyable part of the job might be communicating with the clients. This program has exposed me to many different skills, such as computer skills and the most important, communication skills. Overall, I think that I had really learnt a lot during the program.
Good platform for fresh graduates
Assistant Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 December 2016
EY is a good platform for fresh graduates to join, you able to pick up all the work tasks with the guidance from seniors/managers.

You will be able to brush up your communication skills from time to time.
Learning and growing with the company
audit assistance (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur2 December 2016
Ey is place which you can gain invaluable experience. Good place to meet nice people but terrible working hours. you have to really committed to your work and sometimes work and life balance can not be achieved easily.
Pros
diversity
Cons
heavy workload
Looks good on your resume
Intern (Former Employee) –  MY6 November 2016
1. As a first job, learn a lot about employability skills. How to work in a professional environment etc

2. Be prepared for long hours, even as an intern
What do you expect from a 'Big Four' audit firm?
Tax consultant (Current Employee) –  Damansara18 September 2016
Well, honestly it is a great place to start a job.

I think this should be enough.

What do you expect from a 'Big Four' audit firm?

I do enjoy my work,task and projects.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Work life balance
Challenging
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee) –  George Town24 August 2016
Generally i am involved in assurance related jobs. However, after the audit peak, i am given the chance to join taxation for a couple of weeks. I learned much in both departments and i enjoyed being in the company as the job requires much thinking and effort.
A place to grow
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur16 June 2016
This place is definitely a great place for an accountant to gain knowledge and experience. A lot of exposure in different environments and dealing with different kind of clients. One of the best firm with amazing circle of people. Tones of activities throughout the year for everyone to participate.

For those hunger for challenging tasks, this place is definitely for you!
Pros
flexible, great environment, activities (sports & community
Cons
workload, healthcare
Excellent working environment
Internship auditor (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur9 June 2016
The working environment is very nice and comfortable. The senior are willing and patiently guiding me in completing my tasks.
Friendly Workplace
Industrial Trainee, Assurance - Audit Services (Former Employee) –  Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia1 June 2016
Normally i was assigned to assist senior auditors in order to complete the audit assignment. More than two months was assigned for field audit with different audit teams within my three months internship program. All of my seniors are willing to answer every single question being asked and do me a favor whenever needed. During my internship over there, i learned a lot of knowledge about audit's work. Besides, it is needed to update my work progress daily to senior or director. I was assigned to handle audit assignment for some dormant companies.
Great!
Tax Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 May 2016
I was attached to two different tax departments during my time here. First was People Advisory Services (PAS), which is about personal tax. It was during their peak period so it was typical for everyone to have overtime, even interns (I was an intern there). But, despite the long hours, everyone in the office was very cheerful and fun to work with. That makes the gruesome hours much less gruesome and even though I was only an intern, everyone treated me well and I was able to learn a lot through finalising the tax returns the staff drafted. The managers, supervisors and seniors are all very down to earth and we communicate constantly throughout the whole period. That had allowed us to bond well, which made us a good team.
When I was transferred to the second department, Transaction tax department, it was much less hectic and there were days where I wasn't given any work to do (most probably due to the fact that I was only an intern). I wasn't able to learn anything at all other than amending some agreements and printing them for the seniors/managers.
Overall, it was a great balance for me to experience both the peak period and slack period in the three months in EY.
Pros
Free dinner on Tuesdays and free fruits on Wednesday during peak period
Cons
Long hours (only during peak period)
Great company with purpose-led leadership, driven by strong vision in 2020
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur31 August 2015
Great company with purpose-led leadership, driven by strong vision in 2020. The company is growing rapidly as a result. However, workload can be demanding sometimes, given tight deadlines.
Suitable for professional growth
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1430 August 2015
The company is dealing with the clients from different industries. The employees are highly professional trained to advice the client in business operations. It provides a great opportunity for the employees to be exposed to the different business practices in different industries.
Good for career move
Advisory, Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur28 August 2015
Can see a diversity and learn how to conduct a consulting in SEA region

Partners are quite supportive and flexible in consulting agenda as Malaysia is growing market so that type of consulting is various comparing to the developed countries
Friendly and Productive
External Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kota Bharu, M0319 August 2015
Enjoy with safe working environment and friendly staff, that enables us to achieve our social relationship needs.

The also fully insurance for workers that ensure our future .
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Working Hours
Fun workplace and heavy workloads
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipoh, M085 August 2015
It enable us to be more independent and discipline as we will be assigned to clients' workplace for our fieldwork without supervision.
Our time management skill had been improved as we need to submit our task on time, even with heavy workloads.
It is enjoyable to work with co-workers in a team and we will give motivation to each other when facing stress.
Productive, team based work environement
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  KL22 November 2014
My job mainly deals with preparing and maintaining financial reports also it was a great task to perform the revenue allocation process for all the middle east EY offices. It is a great privilage to be the part of such an organsiation where employee is the master.Also got the opportunity to share my ideas and to work with a great Enterprise Application Management team.
Pros
frequent rewards and recognition, organisational activities
Cons
Year End and Month End tasks may extend the work hours
Internship expereince
Vacation trainee (Former Employee) –  Malaysia 29 June 2013
Indeed, the internship has provided me an opportunity to gain hand on work experience that i cannot get in the classroom. Besides, I get to meet people in my field and learnt to communicate with different clients in an appropriate way. Being under the supervision of my seniors, I am able to accomplish one full audit case.
Pros
Free fruits on every Monday.
Cons
Long working hours