First Solar, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Environment but lack of growth
FINANCE EXCUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Kedah8 November 2019
First solar have good working environment, good friends and very good of team building activities, but still lack of personal growth in first solar. There's appreciation but no any increments and motivation.
fun workplace
Manufacturing Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Kulim6 November 2019
really really fun but little bit tired
learned many things there
management is quite okay
the culture here is very relaxing and fun
the hardest pard when you did not reach output
just feel like home
Best company.
Operators manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  Kulim2 November 2019
First Solar is a solar panel manufacturer and installer focused on large, utility-scale solar power plants. They own and control each step of the manufacturing and installation process: panel production, sales, installation, monitoring, and recycling of the solar panels once they’ve met the end of their useful life.
While they don’t work in the residential sector and so their name might not be familiar to you, they’ve left a huge imprint on the solar industry. They’ve installed over 17 gigawatts of solar worldwide – enough to power almost 300,000 average sized homes and in 2016, they were the 6th biggest solar panel manufacturer in the world. However, their products are quite different than the others on that list!
Productive and gain more knowledge
IT Global Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kulim22 October 2019
Learned a lot of new stuff and gain more knowledge in IT. Good office environment and can meet new experience people. Learned new IT technical issue and got ideas from team mates.
Fun workplace
Manufacturing Operation Technician (Current Employee) –  Kulim20 October 2019
I learned a lot of knowledge at First Solar such as how to troubleshoot and how to work in a group. The management for me is the best because that have a lot of benefits such as bonus and e-cafe voucher. The workplace culture very good because we must do the work in a team and help any others when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when in that day the machine is work properly and we got the max output. Overall i give 5 star who want to work in this company and we can collaborate to make this company success in every year.
Productive, good culture and environment.
Technician 1- Equipment Engineering (Current Employee) –  Kedah7 September 2019
best and great place to work. Learn and got many experience. Satisfied and recommended with management. good and enjoy with culture especially when working. enjoyable part is when every failure at machine done before downtime given.
fun and happy to work with first solar
material handler (Former Employee) –  Kulim13 August 2019
At First Solar, i feel valued, appreciated and challenged, working side-by-side with some of the top minds in the industry. I have regularly updated on the company’s goals, progress and achievements. First Solar maintains a culture where all associates work together to lead the world’s sustainable energy future. Good salary too.
best workplace for positive environment on teamwork
forklifter (Former Employee) –  Kulim1 August 2019
associates are nice and some aren't, contract workers don't get their benefits right, chemical product are always on safe 5S procedure. They should hire more effective workers that really kind of futuristic
Pros
nothing
Cons
blackout period times
Fun work place
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Kulim20 July 2019
I was happy . Smoking time got . 2hour break. But management is litter bit problem.12 hour working time. Full aircond . Forklift speed limit 7km. A big company in kulim
Pros
Salary
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kulim2 May 2019
great place to work

different culture

team work

management helpfull

productive and supportive

learned more about the solar energy

full protective by the company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break and healthcare
New environment and challenge
Account executive (Former Employee) –  George Town21 February 2019
It was new challenges and new environment for me. I think i need to learn more and be more competent to work at First Solar Malaysia. I just hope the management can give me chance to work there and not basically choose based on races.
very good
AP Accountant (Former Employee) –  malaysia kedah13 December 2018
i learn new jobs every day.i work hard.i can manage team members and more team members.i learned lot of experience.i alwys enjoy my job.mangement always support me.i love my job
Pros
sports and lunch
Cons
life insurance
benefit
test and realiability technician (Current Employee) –  Kulim10 December 2018
medical coverage, parking, allowance, meal subsidy, great job culture, good management, no politicking, no double standard, no base rate based on race or whatsoever
Easy to use
Contract and do job for shorting junction (Former Employee) –  Kedah4 December 2018
Thanks for helping great job,I'm tired and need to sleep,150 is to much for me to type ,I'm so sorry .Maybe you can limit the review for 50min words only.Thanks!!
Pros
Cons
Nones
Productive & enjoying
Operator (Former Employee) –  Kulim kedah1 December 2018
I'm happy work with this company before. I have a lot of new skills, experience & so many memorable with all staff with all levels. The management also give good feedback if have something questions about work, salary & Human Resource problems.
Pros
Have coupon lunch & health care medical covered for me & my responsible (wife & kids)
Cons
Short break, little salary increment
Productive and fine place for working
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Malaysia29 November 2018
Its best workplace to be with good culture,team bonding,management style wheres always groom the associates to be the best and witkout compromise safety ethics.
gymnasium
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kulim4 November 2018
Good facility in First Solar company that enhance associate to work out after work. Also, good in the benefit, for example, allowance for the business trip will get 1000 USD if taking economy flight.
good.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kulim Kedah13 October 2018
Nothing to say anything, it's overall nice experience.
The benefits of that company really nice and equally treat. Although, I have never seen before the shift pattern which 2 days off 3 days Leave and 3 days off 2 days leave. Nice experience that I'm worked at there.
Pros
initiative person and able to motivate others.
Cons
don't know
Comfortable to work but lack collaboration
IT Technical Support Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Kulim Hi-Tech29 August 2018
Comfortable to work but lack collaboration, many things can be learned but it is too difficult to get the tutor from the senior, to be self-reliant sometimes at discrimination & rivalry between senior and new employees.
Pros
employee welfare is fully guarded by HR Department
Cons
Good Facilities
Productive and fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANUFACTURING (Former Employee) –  Kedah14 August 2018
As long as working there, I am very comfortable with the atmosphere at work. Here there are also many benefits. Excellent working schedule. Many facilities are available for employees.
Pros
Eating coupons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Solar, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

First Solar, Inc. Reviews by Location