Golden Screen Cinemas Sdn Bhd

Golden Screen Cinemas Sdn Bhd Employee Reviews

Had a very good experience at work.
Staff's are very friendly inside out but when it comes to work they were very serious on it. Preferably everyone wants a very fun filling working experience but here your'e only able to be fun when your'e not at work.
Enjoy place to work
-Busy on weekend.
-Job task rotate every week.

-Good workplace culture because its a big and stable company.

-Different personality type of customer.

-Up to date to latest movie and free moving every week given to staff.
Gsc review
Typically, just assist a customer if they need a help or looking clueless. What I learned was a soft skills. The work culture was fun. They treat their staff like a family. The most enjoyable part is, you can find new friends, and there was no stress or less stress in handling customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Crowded cinema especially during weekends and more relaxed in weekdays. I learned on how to assist customer and encourage them to buy set of promotion.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Salary
About workplace
Have to attend customer with calm. Have to keep workplace surrounding clean and safe for customer satisfying. Able to work and cooperate with other colleague to divide the given duty
It was fun, working with the Customer Relations team.
No doubt that I enjoy working with the Customer Relations team. They are fun people who you can joke with. The atmosphere at the office was relaxing since there was music happening in the background almost every day. Sometimes, it can be noisy. For instance, when I was talking to customers on the phone and they can barely hear me. But, all is well~
I miss working with them since it was an enjoyable experience. The only thing that stresses me out was some of the customers but everything turned out well in the end.
Great working experience
Training were provided by certified trainers. Conducive working environment, helpful colleagues and crew leaders as well as superiors. Fixed working hours yet flexible and understanding colleagues and superiors made working not-stressful and fun.
productive and friendly environment
one of the best experience to be working at GSC. i learned a lot on how the operation and system use by the company. the management was good as all the staff really know on what they are doing. as people who in-charge in handling customer feedback through phone call, it was the hardest part of the job which your are required to prepared mind and mental. it was fun though. the staff are friendly and always had your back.
Not a good place to work. Too many political issue & drama.
Working in cinema is tougher than working at HQ. You got so many email to reply at the same time the management don't want to see you inside the office. They can check wherever you are from cctv. They will always checking. I don't know why they got so many time to checking the cctv? Haha.. Because no other job to do isn't it?

You have to work back to back shift and come again morning because there is not enough manager and short of manpower. Got 1 or 2 months that i am working straight back to back with no day off.

Short of manpower due to very low salary compared to other tenant. You give RM4.80/hour, while other tenant giving RM10/hour. Yet u cannot claim OT. Yes, you can claim OT but u have to write down very long explanation in the email.

Very low salary compared to other cinemas. They are cutting cost everywhere and the bonus too. I can see other managers who is really hardworking resigned because of HQ simply cut their bonus because of others person fault. E.g. staff fault. But the person who can "kipas" them get promoted.

New management is sick. They simply take people outside from cinema line and simply change here and that. People who are not willing to learn about cinema and expect to be bossy there. HQ people is not organized at all but expect we, who work below them to be organized.

Despite the reputation and good brand name it has, this company is not a place to grow if you're professional.
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
Low salary, little benefits, heavy workload and messy management
Harmony, Efficient and Fun with movies benefits
The job scope of being a box office staff is simple and fun. It is something that is easy to learn and to cope with. I learned about the team building, how to communicate and solve the problems that occur to the staffs nor customers. The culture of the workplace is harmony and issue-less, the staffs is helpful and the environment is safe to work at. The hardest part of the job is to ensure the customers to not bring their child nor anyone who is below 18 years old to the 18 rated movies, because if they does. The kids and the underage people will never get to enter the cinema hall and no refund will be given back. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is when I can recommend to customers the movies that is good and will not be regrettable to watch and when I can give a good and efficient service to the customers.
Pros
Overtime & free movie benefits
Cons
healthcare
Productive workplace with great positive co-workers
Learn how to do PO, DO and other documents, everyone is supporting and positive. Learn the behind the scene of how a cinema company run. Developed a few skills and work attitude.
Pros
Free Movie Tickets, Merchandise, Food
Productive and Happy Workplace
Working at GSC is great experience and exposure in customer service. They provide good salary and also compensation especially during festivity holidays. Despite the job stress during peak hour and long shift, the job environment is really adequate and relaxing during normal hour.
Pros
Great Salary and compensation
Cons
Long shift especially for full shift and night shift during weekend
Good Job
good job with good experience. just worked here as was waiting to continue studies at politeknik shah alam. had a good experience dealing with customers.
fun at workplace
Make certain guest service Exhibit excellent guest service skills. Present a calm demeanour that deters others from engaging in disruptive conduct, while encouraging a positive interaction with guests. Good verbal communication skills as well as math and cash handling skills Comfortable communication and cooperation with guests, supervisors, peers, subordinates, vendors or partners e is friendly, helpful and fast, Answer questions from guests and resolve any concerns,
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
free movie tickets
Productive and a work place that sure knows how to have fun
A typical day at work is to come up with a list of things to do and make sure to achieve that whilsts attending meetings with department members and superiors.

It is a place where fun is also instilled, however it is also professional to a certain degree.
Pros
Fun, Caring colleagues
Cons
there is no work-life balance (for me, anyway)
It was really fun work in here .
I can meet more new friends , I have learn many thing while work here and the management was so good . I like how their treat staff and the salary was good .
Pros
No lunch but I can use my staff price to buy food in here .
Cons
All perfect
skills in customer service
I have learned how to managed and provide best services to customer in return to give a best stakeholders for company. I learn how to satisfied the customer and treat them nicely.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
social skills
Fun but low paying
I worked there for 3 months after SPM. I really enjoyed myself but there weren't many benefits. Customers of course come in mixed batches, some were great, some were really rude. It's ok la, but not the best part time available
Pros
Free movie tickets, flexible working hours, fun coworkers
Cons
Rude customers, low salary
Managing staff
Learn to manage staff

Inventory

Workplace culture is more about team work

Hardest part when we face some problem due to some technical error

2 Shift work
A great place to improve your communication, language, discipline, customer service skills,
It is a great place to improve your customer service skills and you may be able to get loyal customers which only want you to serve them. It also let yourself to be more discipline and improve your courtesy towards strangers, mind your attitude and manners while servicing the customers. Also, you may improve your english communication throughout the process. However, the management is not very friendly and effective&efficient.
Pros
Able to learn good communication and language skills
Cons
Bad management
productive
1) work schedule easy for everyone.
2) learn more things with this company example in how to handle

customer in many of situation.

3) In management team, we work in work team to make sure all

in good condition. But for sure sometime at all the time have same

opinion.

4) For workplace culture is good here. Respect each other is one of

the reason why i like to work here.

5) The hardest part of job in this company is when don't have enough

of man power to do job.

6) The enjoyable part of this job is when all things going smooth and

all of staff was enjoy to do their job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Screen Cinemas Sdn Bhd. Our community is ready to answer.