H&M Employee Reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 5,311 reviews
Enjoyable workplace with friendlies colleague
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Genting Highlands28 October 2018
Everyday with the same routines like do customer service, folding garments and maintain the garments care on sales floor, clear the fitting room and etc. I've learned how to make a conversation with customer, to improve my customer service, multi-tasking while working like example aware with customer at surrounding while do a task given. Having a positive workplace is a bless with friendlies, open-minded and straight forward colleague but the hardest part of the job is to deal with uncivilized & snobbish customer. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is i feel satisfied when i help customer with what their need like finding sizes, telling about fashion, and find the garments.
Pros
Free Hostel
Cons
Short breaks
Greatest place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kuala lumpur26 September 2018
Learn new thing day by day . I do breaffing before we start the work. And trying archiving target per week and months. We have fun team membe and management team
Pros
Full time
Cons
Full time
It is a great place to work with all types of people from around the world.Create many ideas to help the company achieving their goals.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Penang Island22 August 2018
Given chances to learn about merchandising even though I'm a sales advisor ,that's the fun part about learning something out from my work description. On and off there's event to attend but only for internal staff(the company's goal is changing every year and everyone is responsible to help achieve it). The longer I work, the more responsibility added but salary wise is not very good compare with the workload. Everyday is a battling day for a low position staff like us. Due to the challenges, I still accept it and take it as apart of my journey because learning is fun and looking for improvement as well. I try to do the best out of everything.Not every management team members are supportive yet bias to the staff. I guess I've learnt everything I can in this store in my position and I'm hardly to get promoted to the next level, so I decided to change to a new environment to expand my career. I'm a person who always like challenges in my work because improvement is my priority in my career wise.
Pros
Paid tea time break (15 mins), 2 days off, medical and minor dental benefits
Cons
Less manpower when sales target is not achieve during the days, staff often need to rush against time to complete the daily task, weak management team, less salary even though working for long years and above.
productive and fun work place
sale assistant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur7 July 2018
a typical day at work which starts with staff meeting where management team will announce yesterday sales achievement and today sales target. the management team will motivate the staffs and sometimes will do role playing on how to assist customers, what happen on the sales floor. the management, senior staffs, generally all the staff will teach and correct each other if there are mistakes and teach us to be more organized in our work even when it is busy. the hardest part of this job is dealing with fussy customers and visual. the most enjoyable part is we are a team and a family among the staff and the management.
Fun workplace with great teamwork
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  One utama24 May 2018
i love working at HnM because of the environment which means the workers at HnM are very helpful and friendly especially to new worker. I learnt so many things for example in being a cashier at the busiest store in Malaysia.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 April 2018
as as sales assistant,i would make sure my department tidy and serve my customer well everyday.
I learned to be better at customer service by serving my customer well so we will achieve higher sales.
Management was great.
Workplace culture was fun,everyone is working in a team and helping each other.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
lack of communication between staffs and mangement team
productive and fun workplaces
retail associate (Current Employee) –  Sepang27 March 2018
a typical days of work is fun and enjoy,i learn a lot about customer service and teamwork,the management also have a good response to employee and good character
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Fun workplace, poor management team
Department manager (Current Employee) –  Penang26 March 2018
It was fun place to work because i am allowd to be myself (ladyboy) and dont have to worry about gender discrimination. But it could have a better management team in which takes care of the staff welfare rather than just the company.
Productive and fun workplace. Good benefits.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 March 2018
Overall, H&M has the good value which is good for those who want to pursue in Visual Merchandising or retail industry.

With face pace mode industry, I believe this company will grow and suitable for those who want to gain an experience.
Pros
Working shift, 5 days working, bonus
Cons
9 hours working hour, no increement
Good working environment , good management team
Full time sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 March 2018
Work with a value provide by company , friend n safe working environment . The company provide a good benefit n working experience to anyone .
Everyone is working as a team to achieve the company goal .
A very good place to start with retail fashion industry
Part Time Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  1Borneo, Sabah7 January 2018
All the staff and manager are really sporting, friendly, and give me warm working environment. this company has given me nice experience in handling customers while doing routines.
Pros
Management take care of their employees
Cons
Too many routine
Fun and tasks are manageable
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 December 2017
tasks are a lot easier because being provided with daily rota and routines. we have values to implement in our work life and personal. customer service oriented.
Pros
Inside store bathroom, surau and pantry and place to rest
Cons
annual leaves for part timer
A productive and challenging workplace
Part Time Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Putrajaya9 October 2017
The environment of the workplace are hectic and so welcoming to all customers. There are so many garments that is so eye-catchy with reasonable price & there's alot of promotions every week.
Pros
2 times day off in a week
Cons
One hour break & 15 minutes break paid
Average Work Place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  H&M Kuala Lumpur19 June 2017
Day at work is pretty average, People there are normally willingly to help if we are in need of help. Management is pretty one sided where they do not have open discussions. The hardest part of the job is to tolerate with people not opening up and listening to ideas which has potential to help the company grow. Enjoyable part of the job is that we get to meet new and different kind of people everyday.
Pros
Being able to learn about fashion
Cons
No free food, short breaks.
great environment and friendly
sales advisor (Former Employee) –  ioi city mall putraya6 June 2017
most task is handling garments . i have deeply learned about two way communication . management system is quite friendly also ready to heard problem from staff and guiding . enjoyable workpalce with shift . the hardest part is facing argument with miss understanding customers . the most enjoyable part of the job is staff freely to give an opinion
Pros
increament every 6 month
Cons
short break time
Best place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur12 May 2017
H&M is best place to work.
Benefit:
9 hours for working hours
Pantry
Prayer room
Toilet
Pros
Staff welfare
Cons
Short Break, medical card
Really great place to work
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur1 May 2017
I have been with this company for 5 years. Developing my skills slowly from sales advisor and now i am the visual manager in one of the top store in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Really love to work with this company in London.
Pros
Visual Merchandiser is my life.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  johor bahru, malaysia17 April 2017
H&M provides excellent working environment to staffs and I had the best working experience there regardless working under pressure or during holidays. Senior staffs and management helped new staffs like me for guidance on store operations, floor and stock management, and customer service.
Pros
good staff discount
fun and quality shop
sales executive (Current Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu11 April 2017
nice place and got friendly workers.i can got more friend and can also learn something new. i also saw the work place are very clean. i hope if i do something wrong, the worker can teach me.i love H&M.
Pros
easy to get offday
Cons
far from my house
It is a good place to grow to the management level
Cash Office Responsible (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 February 2017
Working by rotational shift and off day which is 9 hours per day exclude 1 hour break 5 days a week. So many think can be learned here it is just the need for you to be an eager to ask person. Recently the superior management is not good. As in the increment is not standardised, every year change the increment policy. The workplace is nice everyone is friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K