HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 177 reviews matching the search See all 10,851 reviews
Good
TEAM SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur31 December 2018
Commission paid monthly with salary, work life balance, travel free, sales convention, salary increament, medical coverage for children, health care, charity activities
Pros
Bonuses paid
Cons
Weekend activities
Good place to start of with
Customer Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur30 December 2018
Good to place to start career. Progress is sure but not the remuneration unless you are a sales staff. Things may have change now since it has been more than 7 years I left this organization.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lack of recognition
A good place to begin our career.
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya29 December 2018
A good place to begin our career but unfortunately the company is migrating its work load to china and india to save cost. Had a good exposure on account related jobs by handling customers day to day accounts and invoices issues.
Enjoy working environment
Premier Financial Guide (Former Employee) –  Bangi, Selangor26 December 2018
HSBC has been an excellent place to work.It's a collaborative and fun environment, which ultimately leads to a motivated group of employees striving towards the same goal.
Pros
Nice working environment, Close during Friday's pray
Cons
Average pay, hard to move up
fun workplace with water vending machine.
Customer Service, and administration (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya12 December 2018
I have learnt a lot when i was in Asset Management Division. The workplace was just so comfortable and the people were so great. They were so helpful and thoughtful. We worked as a team and enjoy our time together. It was a very good experience.
Pros
Wide lounge for us to hang out.
Cons
short breaks.
Its fun to work in hsbc
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuching, sarawak6 December 2018
Good environment,flexible working hours, bonus and increment every year. A good team player in hsbc and often organised parties when it comes to festivities.
Pros
Child welfare
Cons
Healthcare
Average
GSE (Call Centre Agent) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya28 November 2018
It was alright I guess, the people I worked with was really great and so was the management. But everyone was always to themselves and there was no space for communication within our department which was boring and the work life balance was bad
Fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia22 November 2018
Management mingle with the employers on daily basis and able to understand each and every team members need. Give opportunity to explore culture at HSBC.
Fun place but fast paced and can be difficult
csr (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya18 November 2018
Has a lot of security and benefits, public hjdays are renumerated into leave so more flexible when it comes to personal plans. Strict in performance and timing but promises reward if you work hard.
The good things
Debt collector (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 November 2018
Good working environment, good teamwork and nice office mate. They always help through training to gain knowledge in any task that company given.Can learn how the correct way to handle customer. learn how to solve the problems customer.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Challenge to get increment
Best Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Malaysia11 November 2018
HSBC is without a doubt the best place to work. I have stayed for more than 10 years in HSBC because of its goal in business and the drive for customer satisfaaction
Pros
Environment
Cons
Remuneration
Nice place to work
Senior Global Support Executive (Senior Executive) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya11 November 2018
Provide training to staff from time to time. Working environment is good. This company is. Good place if you give it a chance to be, stay positive and keep pushing yourself forward.
Structured, Great and Secure Workplace
Global Support Executive (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya7 November 2018
It's an amazing environment to be in, with a great support from HSBC for those wanting to move up the ladder. Work environment is very structured and leaves out any doubts or questions regarding the work through the use of comprehensive training and manuals.
Pros
Working in the Finance industry
Cons
Shift work
Good
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur6 November 2018
I have a good experience while worked with HSBC Malaysia Sdn Bhd loacted at Bukit Bintang branch. At there, i assisting customer to the counter. Luckily, i have a good colleague to teach me about the job given from my supervisor.
Typical
CREDIT CARD CALL CENTRE EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya7 October 2018
Fun work place.
Routine job & Cannot move to better prospect.
This job didnt allow me to learn higher level.
Sales Team but Comission scheme very poor.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No career advancement
Good for new learner
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya27 September 2018
HSBC is a place for new comer to learn and improve their skills in communication and build up new skills. Perfect learning and training will be given to the new hire. Manager will provide guidance when necessary.
Pros
Enviroment, Working mate
Cons
Short Break
Good
Case Manager CDD and Onboarding (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 September 2018
Good payment and Balance, support for educations, clear job description, side by side work with higher rangking, good location, lot benefit, staff loan and allowance.
The environment
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya16 August 2018
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
Job Insecurity.
Chief Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 July 2018
A good place to work with due to the professional culture of the bank. However, job insecurity is there at any time at all level. Lack of transparency and need improvement.
Pros
Learning & Developement
Cons
Job Insecurity
Productive and Fun.
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bukit Bintang12 July 2018
Doing daily things routine such as assisting customer and balancing. I learned a lot of new things such as how to use IBBM software and how to manage customer complain, their management are really well manage and even their workplace culture are very helpful for me because if I do not know a things I just can ask anyone in the bank and there always an answer for my question so everyday is kind of learning process for me. The hardest part of my job when i have to face some of fussy customer and I need to overcome their temper and what most enjoyable part is every week we have branch meeting and during meeting everyone will shared their concern or opinion sometimes there will award for employee during meeting just to increase our passion in work and i think it very nice when employer appreciate and acknowledge the employee by giving reward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K