HSBC Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with lots of benefits
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya11 June 2018
-Good place to start a career
-supportive employer
-gender diversity and value your culture background.
-Perfect place to enhance communications skill and boost confident level
Great Place
Global Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya,Malaysia1 June 2018
My first job.

Enjoyed the Customer Service aspect tremendously.

Work hours were based on UK timing. took a toll on my health.

Great team spirit and collaboration.
You earn what you work
Premium (Current Employee) –  Selangor1 June 2018
HSBC is a very nice place to work for. It provides fair rewards as recognition and also very comply with the policy, rules, and regulations. As an employee, I truly thank the bank has given us a very big space to gain banking knowledge and also experience while handling customers.
Productive and fun environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hsbc KL28 May 2018
Loved working there. Very professional and ethical. Gained much experiences working at global bank such as online account maintenance, credit cards, payment transfer, reconciliation and etc.
Workforce Administration and Channels HR (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 May 2018
Working in HSBC made me become productive. I have learned more in HR perspective and i enjoy working with my team mates but i am looking for other opportunities to gain more experience.
fun and challenging work place
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya7 May 2018
A fun and challenging work place. Multitask work abilities needed. Multiple positive working experience. Good facilities and environment provided for the employee.
If you don't mind working the odd hours than HSBC Cyberjaya is for you
Manager, Business Risk and Control Management (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya4 May 2018
A typical day at work is processing the transaction datas from the balance sheet that you support. Work will be segregated and may be rotated for job rotation so you should expect shift timing changes as well especially if the process supports multiple balance sheets. Work colleagues are generally fantastic given the diverse people in the work place. The culture is generally fine but your management might be the challenge. The hardest part of the job is probably the location in Cyberjaya and the odd working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful diverse colleagues that you get to work with.
Pros
Working against the Rush Hour
Cons
Sleep deprivation
Less Benefits compared to other banks
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 April 2018
- Work place politics
-no bonus or increment despise worker achieve the target set by management. Management reason is that market is not performing well.
Pros
Training are provided
Cons
No bonus or increment
Productive and fun workplace with gym facilities
Global Suppoer Executive (Former Employee) –  Malaysia17 April 2018
A good place to work. The company provide gym facilities, games room, a cozy cafeteria and etc. The odd timing work make it a little bit hard to cope.
Best Training Modules and Facilitators
Assistant Manager, Training (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Malaysia4 April 2018
I had the best time getting trained under the best facilitators from UK.

The products and services offered varies in different countries around the world, where as I managed HSBC UK.

Got some really insightful knowledge to the banking industry in UK
Pros
Various knowledge and information in the banking industry
Cons
Graveyard shift
not a hard place to work at
Officer (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya18 March 2018
its an Operation centre, the workplace culture is not as demanding as the actual Bank/Branches, but it is also not a good place to grow as a fresh graduate
Pros
easy going culture
Cons
low compensation
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya8 March 2018
Colleague willing to train
Good start for fresh grad
However, due to high volume of trade, sometimes we don't have enough lunch hour
Have to follow international public holiday-depending on what country you support
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Short break
Good place for those who seek to advance their career knowledge, must be dedicated and have lots of patience.
Payments Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur8 March 2018
The managers are well informed and are always on hand to share and guide you.
Pros
Lots of activities
Cons
May need to work long hours, based on project deadline.
Excellent Management
Global Support Executuve (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya2 March 2018
Great learning experience. Poor career development opportunity. Career development mainly based on tenure rather than eligibility. Some manager have lack of professional communication skills.
Pros
management
Cons
management
Demanding and Pressuring
Contact Centre Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur26 February 2018
A typical day at work will include mostly reaching our target call hours.
From here I learned some basic banking concepts that are of course most useful and a is a great deal given that is it a banking institution.
However, the management demands a lot when there's limited leads.
Workplace culture is average as we mostly do the same work. During the current period I am in, it is slightly quite a hard task to keep up with everyone, or to dig into deeper relationship among colleagues on a personal level that is, we only have the chance to have casual talks about other things besides work during our lunch time.
Hardest part of the job is being pressured to submit more applications, do more follow up, when the base itself are down or are closed for some period. The ratio of call centre representatives answering of following up versus the actual number of leads is very low. The base is easily finished. There is not a lot of enjoyable part except that we have the liberty to go for a loo break whenever we want, and that is the only time we can escape the work pressure for a mere few minutes.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Manager Planning & Support (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya11 February 2018
Working in the multi national company gives you different perspective on the working culture, where the business need to become priority above all. The KPI's is quite clear with rewards given to those who performed,however overtime the overwhelming with all the work made you wonder whether it is worth all the money you get.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
Working longer hour due to culture and business need
productive
Credit Management (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 February 2018
I am willing to undergo training. I am pleasant in nature and can get along with others. My experience has taught me on how to build strong relationship with all departments at an organization. I have the ability to work within a team as well as cross-team.
All the staff regardless any level helping each other
Corporate Action Officer (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur9 February 2018
Its a fun working enviroment. Sharing and solving problem together. Always concern with each other. Always have discussion. Have a same vision and mission to fulfill all the tasks given
Pros
Good Benefit
Cons
Work life balance
Working at HSBC with good communication
Special Grade (Former Employee) –  Cheque Processing Departmebt5 February 2018
My appraisal was always up to the expectations of the bank. My area is crucial and we play a important role as there will be fraud cheques. Worked for the bank for 31 years.
Pros
As the terms and conditions
Cons
Good relationship with all the staff
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya31 January 2018
Not recommended for family man. Working almost 14 hours. Quite far from home. Allocated in Cyberjaya where i lives in Ampang. Cafeteria serve same food everyday and expensive
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K