HSBC Management reviews

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 12,623 reviews
Nice workplace
CCSS Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya17 September 2019
-assist customers to manage and check their account status
-resolve customers’ account problem
-achieve daily team KPIs

-problem solving
-conflict resolution
-time management
fun work place
telesales (Current Employee) –  lebuh ampang20 August 2019
nice environment, good colleagues and good teamwork. flexible working time, good management. people there able to teach new things and positives minds and vibes.
Fun environment
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya1 July 2019
- standard work procedure on a daily basis
- hardest part was the excessive overtime during the major upgrades
- however we get paid well for overtime
Fun workplace with amazing colleagues
executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya10 May 2019
The benefit of working here is excellent staff benefits, worklife balance and you can get to work with different races of colleagues. The only downside is politics issue need to resolve within management level. Low career advancement. and yearly bonus based on individual performance.
Pros
Maternity Leave up to 4 months, insurance coverage, good increment
The most enjoyable and not forgotten workplace
Time-scale clerk (Former Employee) –  Malaysia16 April 2019
A typical day at work is day a day is a new learner with the new job and task given.
I have learned to be more focus and serious in the task given
Management was very well good and never be forgotten cause the upper boss and lower boss are very humble,friendly and helpful.
Workplace culture are very 1 Malaysia
The hardest part of the job is to get the job done within a day is a due.
The most enjoyable part of the job is got opportunity to be part of the auction property team
bad work life balance
Customer Service - General (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya8 April 2019
Racist and gender biased work place very close circle and eject anybody that is deemed un-wated without justification only acceptable race is Malay or Indian.
Change in progress
Assistant Business Regulatory Risk & Tax Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 February 2019
Regular day at work will be busy sorting out legacy issues in the midst of regulatory and compliance advancement.

Mostly learned how things are rapidly changing, and you have to be curious enough to invent new solutions and thought process

Management style is still largely pre-historic, still i'm the boss, just listen, so there isn't much you CAN achieve because your ideas and solutions is subject to management approval, and it probably just 'isn't good enough'

Workplace culture i guess is the same as any other MNC, very political, and monetary rewards is given to people who come in late, have 2 hours lunch, and largely spend their time on FB, instagram etc and stay until 10pm, and all the while complaining that there's too much to do

Hardest part is to have integrity and to want to do it right.

I guess the enjoyable part of the job is that we have problems for me to sort out, that to me, is the part that is the most fun, But it is not fun trying to explain to your boss the problem and the proposed solution.
Pros
better medical benefits
Cons
Non-flexible work hour.
Conducive work place
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 February 2019
1. Never bored at work.
2. Can effectively apply skills and knowledge to daily job and have the opportunity to learn beyond our expertise.
3. Less sociable between top management and staff level
4. Politics between staff
5. During appraisal period
6. Bonus time
Pros
Good location
Cons
Easy transportation
Prestige
Advance Customer Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya8 February 2019
1) Involving sales and customer servicing
2) AMLA and the awareness
3) Good Management
4) Good workplace culture
5) When score methods rate increase.so the market becomes sour. Approve rate low. The economy does affect the loan application.
Pros
The Prestigious
Cons
World economy and domestic micro economy does affect my line of work.
A good place to get a foot in in the baning world
Collateral Dispute Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.27 January 2019
- Dispute analysis would require waiting for the margin calls to be issued out to clients and awaiting their responses. If a dispute is issued by the client on a margin call then we would need to reconcile the OTC portfolios between us and the client to identify the trades causing a swing in MTM and escalate to the relevant businesses to work to resolving.
- My roles in HSBC prepped me on managing staff and their expectations from day to day, Annual Leaves, Sick Leave etc. I also got to understand how important collateral management is to the bank for minimsing our exposure to the market.
- The culture within HSBC was very warm and friendly, where people are willing to help out when they can regardless if you are in Malaysia , UK or HK.
- The hardest part of the Collateral Dispute Analyst is waiting for the margin calls to be answered and when they came later in the day, it was time consuimg to reconcile both portfolios (mainly done in TriOptima) but on the odd occasions it would have to be done manually. This was time consuming a disrupted work life balance.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. We worked with the hubs in London, Paris and Hong Kong and building the relationships with these people was fun if not challenging.
Fun
FINANCIAL GUIDE (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 January 2019
Nice environment and good place to work
Good colleague
Good management
Easy to go to workplace
Good allowance
Good benefit
Good teamwork
All managers are reliable
fun workplace with water vending machine.
Customer Service, and administration (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya12 December 2018
I have learnt a lot when i was in Asset Management Division. The workplace was just so comfortable and the people were so great. They were so helpful and thoughtful. We worked as a team and enjoy our time together. It was a very good experience.
Pros
Wide lounge for us to hang out.
Cons
short breaks.
Average
GSE (Call Centre Agent) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya28 November 2018
It was alright I guess, the people I worked with was really great and so was the management. But everyone was always to themselves and there was no space for communication within our department which was boring and the work life balance was bad
Fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia22 November 2018
Management mingle with the employers on daily basis and able to understand each and every team members need. Give opportunity to explore culture at HSBC.
HSBC was a great place to work
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  Malaysia19 November 2018
What a typical day in HSBC is just the same with all the companies around the world. Workload will contribute to your stress level. However, I firmly believe that it's on us. Pressure and stress are there but what matters is on how we act on this. if we will let the pressure gets in our way, you will not deliver what is expected of you. Managing stress is what you need to learn.That is what I have learned from HSBC. Management are very eager to help you cope with the stress. They will spend time talking to you on how they can help. They're very much willing to extend their helping hands. Work culture is really awesome. Though, you are a having a lot of workload, management will ensure that you will enjoy your stay in the company and ensuring to maximize work life balance. The hardest part of the job,I guess, the workload but I have learned and mastered to manage my time. So, I must say it was not really difficult but it was a challenge that I was really up to. The most enjoyable was you are a family.
Pros
work culture, awesome boss, good medical benefits, good compensation package, brand, family
Cons
workload but if you know how to manage, it will not be a con
Fun workplace
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya22 October 2018
Friday a typical day to work
Multiple processes from different countries operation and effective training
Excellent management
Variety culture
Self formation in terms need to learn multiple tasks
Friendly environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch breaks
Job Insecurity.
Chief Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 July 2018
A good place to work with due to the professional culture of the bank. However, job insecurity is there at any time at all level. Lack of transparency and need improvement.
Pros
Learning & Developement
Cons
Job Insecurity
Productive and Fun.
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bukit Bintang12 July 2018
Doing daily things routine such as assisting customer and balancing. I learned a lot of new things such as how to use IBBM software and how to manage customer complain, their management are really well manage and even their workplace culture are very helpful for me because if I do not know a things I just can ask anyone in the bank and there always an answer for my question so everyday is kind of learning process for me. The hardest part of my job when i have to face some of fussy customer and I need to overcome their temper and what most enjoyable part is every week we have branch meeting and during meeting everyone will shared their concern or opinion sometimes there will award for employee during meeting just to increase our passion in work and i think it very nice when employer appreciate and acknowledge the employee by giving reward.
Good
AS/400 POD Lead (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 June 2018
I was started journey in 2006 and ended at 2017, HSBC is a world class bank and as a IT company a lot more to improve. There is always a GAP between employees and management.
If you don't mind working the odd hours than HSBC Cyberjaya is for you
Manager, Business Risk and Control Management (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya4 May 2018
A typical day at work is processing the transaction datas from the balance sheet that you support. Work will be segregated and may be rotated for job rotation so you should expect shift timing changes as well especially if the process supports multiple balance sheets. Work colleagues are generally fantastic given the diverse people in the work place. The culture is generally fine but your management might be the challenge. The hardest part of the job is probably the location in Cyberjaya and the odd working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful diverse colleagues that you get to work with.
Pros
Working against the Rush Hour
Cons
Sleep deprivation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K