HSBC Salary & Benefits reviews

Found 55 reviews matching the search See all 12,549 reviews
Fun Place To Work
Global Support Executive ( UK Process ) (Former Employee) –  Sepang28 August 2019
It was fun place to work and has in house cafeteria,gym,Playing room,vending machine,internet kiosk and etc.

This is a nice place to work for a beginner especially you can gain lots of knowledge in banking industries.

For a fresh graduate this is a good place to start with better salary and reputable organization.

They provide free transport ( DTS )
Pros
Core Leave Is The Best ( 14 days Off Straight )
Cons
Too many competitor for next level position. Piers
Great place to work!
Manager/Head of Business Support & Transfer Agency (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 August 2019
HSBC was my 1st employer and having worked with the same organisation for 34 years - there it's anything else I need explain.

It was an amazing journey where I was given the opportunity to build my skills and knowledge of the securities industry. Lots of teamwork, support and understanding - just like a big family!

Weeding out the handful of self-centered and micro-managing leaders.............. it will become the greatest place to work.
Pros
Flexible work, Medical benefits, External training, Overseas posting
Cons
Short deadlines, long hours
fun work place
telesales (Current Employee) –  lebuh ampang20 August 2019
nice environment, good colleagues and good teamwork. flexible working time, good management. people there able to teach new things and positives minds and vibes.
Hsbc career
Assistant Manager (AML Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Malaysia16 August 2019
Fast-paced environment, compensation used to be competitive, good work life balance. Overall, manual systems but good working exposure with lots of in house trainings
Productive and good enviironmet working place with nice pantry
Clerical In Banking (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 July 2019
I enjoy working in Hsbc with a good environment and safety workplace.
Teamwork is important with all the colleagues.

Punctuality and fast learner is important to finish the urgent task on time.

Every month we have free lunch or breakfast given by manager.

Every year we have family day and dinner.

We have short break and medical card benefit.

My department offering Vss to all the staff.
Fun environment
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya1 July 2019
- standard work procedure on a daily basis
- hardest part was the excessive overtime during the major upgrades
- however we get paid well for overtime
Fun workplace with amazing colleagues
executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya10 May 2019
The benefit of working here is excellent staff benefits, worklife balance and you can get to work with different races of colleagues. The only downside is politics issue need to resolve within management level. Low career advancement. and yearly bonus based on individual performance.
Pros
Maternity Leave up to 4 months, insurance coverage, good increment
Change in progress
Assistant Business Regulatory Risk & Tax Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 February 2019
Regular day at work will be busy sorting out legacy issues in the midst of regulatory and compliance advancement.

Mostly learned how things are rapidly changing, and you have to be curious enough to invent new solutions and thought process

Management style is still largely pre-historic, still i'm the boss, just listen, so there isn't much you CAN achieve because your ideas and solutions is subject to management approval, and it probably just 'isn't good enough'

Workplace culture i guess is the same as any other MNC, very political, and monetary rewards is given to people who come in late, have 2 hours lunch, and largely spend their time on FB, instagram etc and stay until 10pm, and all the while complaining that there's too much to do

Hardest part is to have integrity and to want to do it right.

I guess the enjoyable part of the job is that we have problems for me to sort out, that to me, is the part that is the most fun, But it is not fun trying to explain to your boss the problem and the proposed solution.
Pros
better medical benefits
Cons
Non-flexible work hour.
Good
TEAM SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur31 December 2018
Commission paid monthly with salary, work life balance, travel free, sales convention, salary increament, medical coverage for children, health care, charity activities
Pros
Bonuses paid
Cons
Weekend activities
Its fun to work in hsbc
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuching, sarawak6 December 2018
Good environment,flexible working hours, bonus and increment every year. A good team player in hsbc and often organised parties when it comes to festivities.
Pros
Child welfare
Cons
Healthcare
HSBC was a great place to work
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  Malaysia19 November 2018
What a typical day in HSBC is just the same with all the companies around the world. Workload will contribute to your stress level. However, I firmly believe that it's on us. Pressure and stress are there but what matters is on how we act on this. if we will let the pressure gets in our way, you will not deliver what is expected of you. Managing stress is what you need to learn.That is what I have learned from HSBC. Management are very eager to help you cope with the stress. They will spend time talking to you on how they can help. They're very much willing to extend their helping hands. Work culture is really awesome. Though, you are a having a lot of workload, management will ensure that you will enjoy your stay in the company and ensuring to maximize work life balance. The hardest part of the job,I guess, the workload but I have learned and mastered to manage my time. So, I must say it was not really difficult but it was a challenge that I was really up to. The most enjoyable was you are a family.
Pros
work culture, awesome boss, good medical benefits, good compensation package, brand, family
Cons
workload but if you know how to manage, it will not be a con
Fun place but fast paced and can be difficult
csr (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya18 November 2018
Has a lot of security and benefits, public hjdays are renumerated into leave so more flexible when it comes to personal plans. Strict in performance and timing but promises reward if you work hard.
The environment
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya16 August 2018
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
Great Place
Global Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya,Malaysia1 June 2018
My first job.

Enjoyed the Customer Service aspect tremendously.

Work hours were based on UK timing. took a toll on my health.

Great team spirit and collaboration.
Productive and fun workplace with gym facilities
Global Suppoer Executive (Former Employee) –  Malaysia17 April 2018
A good place to work. The company provide gym facilities, games room, a cozy cafeteria and etc. The odd timing work make it a little bit hard to cope.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Exec (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 April 2018
To advance in career is difficult as some area u have to take the Team Manager's heart and win it-not fair.
Benefits very good.
Salary very good.
Company provides transportation to certain areas, fees borne by company. Events, birthdays all are celebrated in a family-friendly environment.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits
Cons
No free food for staffs, difficult to climb up another position, as it depends on how u are holding the Managers heart.
not a hard place to work at
Officer (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya18 March 2018
its an Operation centre, the workplace culture is not as demanding as the actual Bank/Branches, but it is also not a good place to grow as a fresh graduate
Pros
easy going culture
Cons
low compensation
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya8 March 2018
Colleague willing to train
Good start for fresh grad
However, due to high volume of trade, sometimes we don't have enough lunch hour
Have to follow international public holiday-depending on what country you support
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Short break
Demanding and Pressuring
Contact Centre Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur26 February 2018
A typical day at work will include mostly reaching our target call hours.
From here I learned some basic banking concepts that are of course most useful and a is a great deal given that is it a banking institution.
However, the management demands a lot when there's limited leads.
Workplace culture is average as we mostly do the same work. During the current period I am in, it is slightly quite a hard task to keep up with everyone, or to dig into deeper relationship among colleagues on a personal level that is, we only have the chance to have casual talks about other things besides work during our lunch time.
Hardest part of the job is being pressured to submit more applications, do more follow up, when the base itself are down or are closed for some period. The ratio of call centre representatives answering of following up versus the actual number of leads is very low. The base is easily finished. There is not a lot of enjoyable part except that we have the liberty to go for a loo break whenever we want, and that is the only time we can escape the work pressure for a mere few minutes.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya31 January 2018
Not recommended for family man. Working almost 14 hours. Quite far from home. Allocated in Cyberjaya where i lives in Ampang. Cafeteria serve same food everyday and expensive
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K