HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 233 reviews matching the search See all 12,569 reviews
The most enjoyable and not forgotten workplace
Time-scale clerk (Former Employee) –  Malaysia16 April 2019
A typical day at work is day a day is a new learner with the new job and task given.
I have learned to be more focus and serious in the task given
Management was very well good and never be forgotten cause the upper boss and lower boss are very humble,friendly and helpful.
Workplace culture are very 1 Malaysia
The hardest part of the job is to get the job done within a day is a due.
The most enjoyable part of the job is got opportunity to be part of the auction property team
Best place to work
Surport Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala lumpur11 April 2019
· To compiled reports from 32 branches promptly to immediate superior on a weekly basis.

· Responsible in executing MI reports in monthly and daily basis accordingly finance requirement and ensuring the figures matches.

· Assist in implementation of urgent reports by creating layouts for presentations when necessary.

· Carry out daily operations of all customer applications on CGC. This includes investigating the validity of the guarantee, complaints and liaising with the relevant process officers for resolution.

· Experience in prepare and produce Business in Pipeline reports for David Morton, Director of Commercial Banking on a weekly basis. Compiled updates for BIP reports from MME and SME managers thus coordinating activities to achieve report targets for directors meeting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no work life balance
bad work life balance
Customer Service - General (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya8 April 2019
Racist and gender biased work place very close circle and eject anybody that is deemed un-wated without justification only acceptable race is Malay or Indian.
Call Centre Envoirement
Global Support Executive - Contact Centre (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya25 March 2019
Depending on which dept. you are reporting too. HDPM has few Dept related to Call Centre, payment, Compliance (SAR) or Support Service. Good exposure for people who just Grad from College or University.
Pros
Friendly peers.
Cons
Akward shift hours
A great working place with work life balance.
Executive (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya13 March 2019
A great working place with work life balance. Strong teamwork & coaching from the Team Lead. I was able to learn many new things as we supported many accounts.
Pros
A very helpful team
Cons
Short Breaks
Mix Culture
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 February 2019
I impressed with the mix culture that contributes to fun and interesting environment to work with. The staff are friendly and they willingly to help you.
Pros
People are friendly and knowledgeable
Cons
No free food and the shops there are expensive
Change in progress
Assistant Business Regulatory Risk & Tax Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 February 2019
Regular day at work will be busy sorting out legacy issues in the midst of regulatory and compliance advancement.

Mostly learned how things are rapidly changing, and you have to be curious enough to invent new solutions and thought process

Management style is still largely pre-historic, still i'm the boss, just listen, so there isn't much you CAN achieve because your ideas and solutions is subject to management approval, and it probably just 'isn't good enough'

Workplace culture i guess is the same as any other MNC, very political, and monetary rewards is given to people who come in late, have 2 hours lunch, and largely spend their time on FB, instagram etc and stay until 10pm, and all the while complaining that there's too much to do

Hardest part is to have integrity and to want to do it right.

I guess the enjoyable part of the job is that we have problems for me to sort out, that to me, is the part that is the most fun, But it is not fun trying to explain to your boss the problem and the proposed solution.
Pros
better medical benefits
Cons
Non-flexible work hour.
Conducive work place
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 February 2019
1. Never bored at work.
2. Can effectively apply skills and knowledge to daily job and have the opportunity to learn beyond our expertise.
3. Less sociable between top management and staff level
4. Politics between staff
5. During appraisal period
6. Bonus time
Pros
Good location
Cons
Easy transportation
Prestige
Advance Customer Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya8 February 2019
1) Involving sales and customer servicing
2) AMLA and the awareness
3) Good Management
4) Good workplace culture
5) When score methods rate increase.so the market becomes sour. Approve rate low. The economy does affect the loan application.
Pros
The Prestigious
Cons
World economy and domestic micro economy does affect my line of work.
The best place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia2 February 2019
HSBC is one of the best foreign bank in the world. It would be the best place to work either. With the good benefit for the employees. If you give me a chance i will proof that i can serve the company at my level best. Actually i'm one of the HSBC cardholder and loyal to it at almost 17 years. HSBC is the best service bank in the world.
Pros
More free launches
Cons
Short break and healthcare
A good place to get a foot in in the baning world
Collateral Dispute Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.27 January 2019
- Dispute analysis would require waiting for the margin calls to be issued out to clients and awaiting their responses. If a dispute is issued by the client on a margin call then we would need to reconcile the OTC portfolios between us and the client to identify the trades causing a swing in MTM and escalate to the relevant businesses to work to resolving.
- My roles in HSBC prepped me on managing staff and their expectations from day to day, Annual Leaves, Sick Leave etc. I also got to understand how important collateral management is to the bank for minimsing our exposure to the market.
- The culture within HSBC was very warm and friendly, where people are willing to help out when they can regardless if you are in Malaysia , UK or HK.
- The hardest part of the Collateral Dispute Analyst is waiting for the margin calls to be answered and when they came later in the day, it was time consuimg to reconcile both portfolios (mainly done in TriOptima) but on the odd occasions it would have to be done manually. This was time consuming a disrupted work life balance.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. We worked with the hubs in London, Paris and Hong Kong and building the relationships with these people was fun if not challenging.
Fun
FINANCIAL GUIDE (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 January 2019
Nice environment and good place to work
Good colleague
Good teamwork
All managers are reliable
Stress working environment
Telesales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur22 January 2019
Its very normal working hours which is 9am to 6.30pm.
need to work extra Hours in order to close sales and for follow up customers. but i have learned a lot about handling customers.
Fun place to work. Facilities are good
Assistant Manager - Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya8 January 2019
its a good place to work in. Fun people and friendly. Environment is clean and good. people are helpful and a lot of potlucks. office transport is provided and security is tight. lots of eateries around.
Good
TEAM SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur31 December 2018
Commission paid monthly with salary, work life balance, travel free, sales convention, salary increament, medical coverage for children, health care, charity activities
Pros
Bonuses paid
Cons
Weekend activities
Good place to start of with
Customer Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur30 December 2018
Good to place to start career. Progress is sure but not the remuneration unless you are a sales staff. Things may have change now since it has been more than 7 years I left this organization.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lack of recognition
A good place to begin our career.
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya29 December 2018
A good place to begin our career but unfortunately the company is migrating its work load to china and india to save cost. Had a good exposure on account related jobs by handling customers day to day accounts and invoices issues.
Enjoy working environment
Premier Financial Guide (Former Employee) –  Bangi, Selangor26 December 2018
HSBC has been an excellent place to work.It's a collaborative and fun environment, which ultimately leads to a motivated group of employees striving towards the same goal.
Pros
Nice working environment, Close during Friday's pray
Cons
Average pay, hard to move up
fun workplace with water vending machine.
Customer Service, and administration (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya12 December 2018
I have learnt a lot when i was in Asset Management Division. The workplace was just so comfortable and the people were so great. They were so helpful and thoughtful. We worked as a team and enjoy our time together. It was a very good experience.
Pros
Wide lounge for us to hang out.
Cons
short breaks.
Its fun to work in hsbc
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuching, sarawak6 December 2018
Good environment,flexible working hours, bonus and increment every year. A good team player in hsbc and often organised parties when it comes to festivities.
Pros
Child welfare
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K