HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 232 reviews matching the search See all 12,557 reviews
Fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia22 November 2018
Management mingle with the employers on daily basis and able to understand each and every team members need. Give opportunity to explore culture at HSBC.
HSBC was a great place to work
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  Malaysia19 November 2018
What a typical day in HSBC is just the same with all the companies around the world. Workload will contribute to your stress level. However, I firmly believe that it's on us. Pressure and stress are there but what matters is on how we act on this. if we will let the pressure gets in our way, you will not deliver what is expected of you. Managing stress is what you need to learn.That is what I have learned from HSBC. Management are very eager to help you cope with the stress. They will spend time talking to you on how they can help. They're very much willing to extend their helping hands. Work culture is really awesome. Though, you are a having a lot of workload, management will ensure that you will enjoy your stay in the company and ensuring to maximize work life balance. The hardest part of the job,I guess, the workload but I have learned and mastered to manage my time. So, I must say it was not really difficult but it was a challenge that I was really up to. The most enjoyable was you are a family.
Pros
work culture, awesome boss, good medical benefits, good compensation package, brand, family
Cons
workload but if you know how to manage, it will not be a con
Fun place but fast paced and can be difficult
csr (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya18 November 2018
Has a lot of security and benefits, public hjdays are renumerated into leave so more flexible when it comes to personal plans. Strict in performance and timing but promises reward if you work hard.
The good things
Debt collector (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 November 2018
Good working environment, good teamwork and nice office mate. They always help through training to gain knowledge in any task that company given.Can learn how the correct way to handle customer. learn how to solve the problems customer.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Challenge to get increment
Best Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Malaysia11 November 2018
HSBC is without a doubt the best place to work. I have stayed for more than 10 years in HSBC because of its goal in business and the drive for customer satisfaaction
Pros
Environment
Cons
Remuneration
Nice place to work
Senior Global Support Executive (Senior Executive) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya11 November 2018
Provide training to staff from time to time. Working environment is good. This company is. Good place if you give it a chance to be, stay positive and keep pushing yourself forward.
Structured, Great and Secure Workplace
Global Support Executive (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya7 November 2018
It's an amazing environment to be in, with a great support from HSBC for those wanting to move up the ladder. Work environment is very structured and leaves out any doubts or questions regarding the work through the use of comprehensive training and manuals.
Pros
Working in the Finance industry
Cons
Shift work
Good
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur6 November 2018
I have a good experience while worked with HSBC Malaysia Sdn Bhd loacted at Bukit Bintang branch. At there, i assisting customer to the counter. Luckily, i have a good colleague to teach me about the job given from my supervisor.
Fun workplace
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya22 October 2018
Friday a typical day to work
Multiple processes from different countries operation and effective training
Excellent management
Variety culture
Self formation in terms need to learn multiple tasks
Friendly environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch breaks
Typical
CREDIT CARD CALL CENTRE EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya7 October 2018
Fun work place.
Routine job & Cannot move to better prospect.
This job didnt allow me to learn higher level.
Sales Team but Comission scheme very poor.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No career advancement
Good for new learner
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya27 September 2018
HSBC is a place for new comer to learn and improve their skills in communication and build up new skills. Perfect learning and training will be given to the new hire. Manager will provide guidance when necessary.
Pros
Enviroment, Working mate
Cons
Short Break
Good
Case Manager CDD and Onboarding (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 September 2018
Good payment and Balance, support for educations, clear job description, side by side work with higher rangking, good location, lot benefit, staff loan and allowance.
Workplace
Manager,KYC Services/Client Onboarding (COBAM) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 September 2018
Good place to work with and to learn new things which will be the stepping stone for career enhancement. Engagement with various stakeholder gave more exposure and knowledge sharing.
The environment
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya16 August 2018
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
Job Insecurity.
Chief Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 July 2018
A good place to work with due to the professional culture of the bank. However, job insecurity is there at any time at all level. Lack of transparency and need improvement.
Pros
Learning & Developement
Cons
Job Insecurity
Productive and Fun.
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bukit Bintang12 July 2018
Doing daily things routine such as assisting customer and balancing. I learned a lot of new things such as how to use IBBM software and how to manage customer complain, their management are really well manage and even their workplace culture are very helpful for me because if I do not know a things I just can ask anyone in the bank and there always an answer for my question so everyday is kind of learning process for me. The hardest part of my job when i have to face some of fussy customer and I need to overcome their temper and what most enjoyable part is every week we have branch meeting and during meeting everyone will shared their concern or opinion sometimes there will award for employee during meeting just to increase our passion in work and i think it very nice when employer appreciate and acknowledge the employee by giving reward.
energetic and guidance provided all the way
Temporary clerk (Former Employee) –  leboh ampang26 June 2018
manage to handle day to day calls
self-motivated to complete job tasks.
nice environment
friendly colleagues
training provided from time to time
discipline.
Engaging work environment
Premier Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru, Malaysia25 June 2018
My typical days in the past is always securing 4 appointments and proposing 2 customers' banking needs and securing more deposit into the bank.

The workplace believes in developing customer engagement, visiting customers' needs and wealth platform.

My most hardest part of the job is to connect and engage with customers from overseas as the time zone is different. However, my hard work is always rewarded with strong customers base and positive return to the bank which enhances my confidence on my job performance.
Pros
Consistent quarterly bonus payout
Cons
Long working hours and manual paperworks.
Good
AS/400 POD Lead (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 June 2018
I was started journey in 2006 and ended at 2017, HSBC is a world class bank and as a IT company a lot more to improve. There is always a GAP between employees and management.
Challenging and self-learning workplace
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Malaysia23 June 2018
In daily check-in, I have to prepare the different sets of the financial report for onshore center usage and conduct reconciliation to the reported figures. In the process, I have managed to improve my communication skills through many meetings with onshore business partners and got a chance to improve my exposure to different working culture.
Pros
Huge exposure to international market and business partners
Cons
Long hours of working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K