HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 233 reviews matching the search See all 12,569 reviews
Challenging and self-learning workplace
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Malaysia23 June 2018
In daily check-in, I have to prepare the different sets of the financial report for onshore center usage and conduct reconciliation to the reported figures. In the process, I have managed to improve my communication skills through many meetings with onshore business partners and got a chance to improve my exposure to different working culture.
Pros
Huge exposure to international market and business partners
Cons
Long hours of working
Is continuously planning for improvement
Develops continuous improvement methods
Conceives of totally new strategies
Continues to grow and improve
Devises improved means of accomplishing results
Is continuously planning for improvement
Pros
free event
Cons
long hour
Fun workplace with lots of benefits
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya11 June 2018
-Good place to start a career
-supportive employer
-gender diversity and value your culture background.
-Perfect place to enhance communications skill and boost confident level
Great Place
Global Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya,Malaysia1 June 2018
My first job.

Enjoyed the Customer Service aspect tremendously.

Work hours were based on UK timing. took a toll on my health.

Great team spirit and collaboration.
You earn what you work
Premium (Current Employee) –  Selangor1 June 2018
HSBC is a very nice place to work for. It provides fair rewards as recognition and also very comply with the policy, rules, and regulations. As an employee, I truly thank the bank has given us a very big space to gain banking knowledge and also experience while handling customers.
Productive and fun environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hsbc KL28 May 2018
Loved working there. Very professional and ethical. Gained much experiences working at global bank such as online account maintenance, credit cards, payment transfer, reconciliation and etc.
Workforce Administration and Channels HR (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 May 2018
Working in HSBC made me become productive. I have learned more in HR perspective and i enjoy working with my team mates but i am looking for other opportunities to gain more experience.
fun and challenging work place
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya7 May 2018
A fun and challenging work place. Multitask work abilities needed. Multiple positive working experience. Good facilities and environment provided for the employee.
If you don't mind working the odd hours than HSBC Cyberjaya is for you
Manager, Business Risk and Control Management (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya4 May 2018
A typical day at work is processing the transaction datas from the balance sheet that you support. Work will be segregated and may be rotated for job rotation so you should expect shift timing changes as well especially if the process supports multiple balance sheets. Work colleagues are generally fantastic given the diverse people in the work place. The culture is generally fine but your management might be the challenge. The hardest part of the job is probably the location in Cyberjaya and the odd working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful diverse colleagues that you get to work with.
Pros
Working against the Rush Hour
Cons
Sleep deprivation
Strong Team
Financial Advance Manager (Former Employee) –  Malaysia30 April 2018
- Very helpful colleagues and highly motivated supervisors in assisting to achieving the target set by the bank.
- High standard bank compare than local bank banks.
Pros
Cloth Allowances
Flexibility of time
Executive of Paris Derivatives Confirmation (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 April 2018
when I graduated in 2010, I was offered the position in HSBC which is very related to what I studied - French. My day job would be confirming the trade from the system with the confirmation letter regarding the trade that have been booked the day before. Every once in a week we would have a confra call between the KL offshore and Paris Onshore.

outside work, I joined the committee that bring the staffs closer, I organized the fun activities such as pictionary, memory games and a lot more.
Pros
flexibility of time
Cons
Malaysian Public holiday
Great place to learn new products and services where your ideas are valued
Vice President, HSBC Securities Services (HSS) (Current Employee) –  Malaysia21 April 2018
Great Organisation to work for where your ideas are valued and team work is promoted. At time the bureaucracy in the organisation for getting things done makes you feel disappointed but I can see that is changing now.
Pros
Promote innovation
Cons
Too much bureaucracy
Less Benefits compared to other banks
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 April 2018
- Work place politics
-no bonus or increment despise worker achieve the target set by management. Management reason is that market is not performing well.
Pros
Training are provided
Cons
No bonus or increment
Productive and fun workplace with gym facilities
Global Suppoer Executive (Former Employee) –  Malaysia17 April 2018
A good place to work. The company provide gym facilities, games room, a cozy cafeteria and etc. The odd timing work make it a little bit hard to cope.
Good place to build and advance in carrier
Global support executive (Current Employee) –  Malaysia14 April 2018
A typical day at work in my opinion is like any other, however things tend to get out of hand at times when we need to face urgent requests and face cut off times. In HSBC everything is computerized so it makes learning as well as working easier for everyone. Work culture is excellent. The toughest part working in HSBC is that, one has to comply with its high standards however the most enjoyable part of the job is the joy of working with different people.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
stress level at work
Fun place to work
Customer Service Exec (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 April 2018
To advance in career is difficult as some area u have to take the Team Manager's heart and win it-not fair.
Benefits very good.
Salary very good.
Company provides transportation to certain areas, fees borne by company. Events, birthdays all are celebrated in a family-friendly environment.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits
Cons
No free food for staffs, difficult to climb up another position, as it depends on how u are holding the Managers heart.
Best Training Modules and Facilitators
Assistant Manager, Training (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Malaysia4 April 2018
I had the best time getting trained under the best facilitators from UK.

The products and services offered varies in different countries around the world, where as I managed HSBC UK.

Got some really insightful knowledge to the banking industry in UK
Pros
Various knowledge and information in the banking industry
Cons
Graveyard shift
Excellent environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Malaysia31 March 2018
Great place to work.Excellent environment.Right place to start your career.More opportunity to move to next level in your career.Good growth.9 years of great experience in the bank made me confident person
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Nil
Fun workplace
Global Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur26 March 2018
most of the colleague are very helpful. I can learn alot from the department that i currently working with. Business partner also very helpful in term of giving of instructions.
fun work culture
executive (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya21 March 2018
The thing that keep me inside the company is because of the work culture is fantastic. Most of the team mates work together to make sure all the work done by the end of the day.

The hardest part of the job is in my department, there is no work life balance. Over time almost everyday. The most hardest part is the working hour where the shift keep changing.
Pros
gym, insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K