HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 239 reviews matching the search See all 12,766 reviews
The environment
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya16 August 2018
Our work culture at HSBC was very fixed where when we clocked in and start our work immediately. If we stayed longer than 9 hours HSBC will pay OT which is fun part for us.
Pros
paid ot
Cons
short breaks
Job Insecurity.
Chief Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 July 2018
A good place to work with due to the professional culture of the bank. However, job insecurity is there at any time at all level. Lack of transparency and need improvement.
Pros
Learning & Developement
Cons
Job Insecurity
Productive and Fun.
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bukit Bintang12 July 2018
Doing daily things routine such as assisting customer and balancing. I learned a lot of new things such as how to use IBBM software and how to manage customer complain, their management are really well manage and even their workplace culture are very helpful for me because if I do not know a things I just can ask anyone in the bank and there always an answer for my question so everyday is kind of learning process for me. The hardest part of my job when i have to face some of fussy customer and I need to overcome their temper and what most enjoyable part is every week we have branch meeting and during meeting everyone will shared their concern or opinion sometimes there will award for employee during meeting just to increase our passion in work and i think it very nice when employer appreciate and acknowledge the employee by giving reward.
energetic and guidance provided all the way
Temporary clerk (Former Employee) –  leboh ampang26 June 2018
manage to handle day to day calls
self-motivated to complete job tasks.
nice environment
friendly colleagues
training provided from time to time
discipline.
Engaging work environment
Premier Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru, Malaysia25 June 2018
My typical days in the past is always securing 4 appointments and proposing 2 customers' banking needs and securing more deposit into the bank.

The workplace believes in developing customer engagement, visiting customers' needs and wealth platform.

My most hardest part of the job is to connect and engage with customers from overseas as the time zone is different. However, my hard work is always rewarded with strong customers base and positive return to the bank which enhances my confidence on my job performance.
Pros
Consistent quarterly bonus payout
Cons
Long working hours and manual paperworks.
Good
AS/400 POD Lead (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 June 2018
I was started journey in 2006 and ended at 2017, HSBC is a world class bank and as a IT company a lot more to improve. There is always a GAP between employees and management.
Challenging and self-learning workplace
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Malaysia23 June 2018
In daily check-in, I have to prepare the different sets of the financial report for onshore center usage and conduct reconciliation to the reported figures. In the process, I have managed to improve my communication skills through many meetings with onshore business partners and got a chance to improve my exposure to different working culture.
Pros
Huge exposure to international market and business partners
Cons
Long hours of working
Is continuously planning for improvement
Develops continuous improvement methods
Conceives of totally new strategies
Continues to grow and improve
Devises improved means of accomplishing results
Is continuously planning for improvement
Pros
free event
Cons
long hour
Fun workplace with lots of benefits
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya11 June 2018
-Good place to start a career
-supportive employer
-gender diversity and value your culture background.
-Perfect place to enhance communications skill and boost confident level
Great Place
Global Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya,Malaysia1 June 2018
My first job.

Enjoyed the Customer Service aspect tremendously.

Work hours were based on UK timing. took a toll on my health.

Great team spirit and collaboration.
You earn what you work
Premium (Current Employee) –  Selangor1 June 2018
HSBC is a very nice place to work for. It provides fair rewards as recognition and also very comply with the policy, rules, and regulations. As an employee, I truly thank the bank has given us a very big space to gain banking knowledge and also experience while handling customers.
Productive and fun environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hsbc KL28 May 2018
Loved working there. Very professional and ethical. Gained much experiences working at global bank such as online account maintenance, credit cards, payment transfer, reconciliation and etc.
Workforce Administration and Channels HR (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 May 2018
Working in HSBC made me become productive. I have learned more in HR perspective and i enjoy working with my team mates but i am looking for other opportunities to gain more experience.
fun and challenging work place
Global Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya7 May 2018
A fun and challenging work place. Multitask work abilities needed. Multiple positive working experience. Good facilities and environment provided for the employee.
If you don't mind working the odd hours than HSBC Cyberjaya is for you
Manager, Business Risk and Control Management (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya4 May 2018
A typical day at work is processing the transaction datas from the balance sheet that you support. Work will be segregated and may be rotated for job rotation so you should expect shift timing changes as well especially if the process supports multiple balance sheets. Work colleagues are generally fantastic given the diverse people in the work place. The culture is generally fine but your management might be the challenge. The hardest part of the job is probably the location in Cyberjaya and the odd working hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful diverse colleagues that you get to work with.
Pros
Working against the Rush Hour
Cons
Sleep deprivation
Strong Team
Financial Advance Manager (Former Employee) –  Malaysia30 April 2018
- Very helpful colleagues and highly motivated supervisors in assisting to achieving the target set by the bank.
- High standard bank compare than local bank banks.
Pros
Cloth Allowances
Flexibility of time
Executive of Paris Derivatives Confirmation (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 April 2018
when I graduated in 2010, I was offered the position in HSBC which is very related to what I studied - French. My day job would be confirming the trade from the system with the confirmation letter regarding the trade that have been booked the day before. Every once in a week we would have a confra call between the KL offshore and Paris Onshore.

outside work, I joined the committee that bring the staffs closer, I organized the fun activities such as pictionary, memory games and a lot more.
Pros
flexibility of time
Cons
Malaysian Public holiday
Great place to learn new products and services where your ideas are valued
Vice President, HSBC Securities Services (HSS) (Current Employee) –  Malaysia21 April 2018
Great Organisation to work for where your ideas are valued and team work is promoted. At time the bureaucracy in the organisation for getting things done makes you feel disappointed but I can see that is changing now.
Pros
Promote innovation
Cons
Too much bureaucracy
Less Benefits compared to other banks
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 April 2018
- Work place politics
-no bonus or increment despise worker achieve the target set by management. Management reason is that market is not performing well.
Pros
Training are provided
Cons
No bonus or increment
Productive and fun workplace with gym facilities
Global Suppoer Executive (Former Employee) –  Malaysia17 April 2018
A good place to work. The company provide gym facilities, games room, a cozy cafeteria and etc. The odd timing work make it a little bit hard to cope.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K