Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 59 reviews matching the search See all 12,445 reviews
A very fun place to work and one of the best
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Malaysia30 October 2019
i love the workplace culture, with all the team work with the top management. i have learned a lot from my manager and the whole F&B team. the most enjoyable part is the culture it self.
Good and challenging workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur28 October 2019
Always had a chance to learn and improve myself with the help of my senior colleagues. They were very helpful. I learned how to be patient and productive in workplace
Hilton is a good hotel.. all staff like famli n friendly .. very good coffee house and nice
FnB asistand (Former Employee) –  Hilton kuala lumpur4 September 2019
I hope i can work againt with Hilton bcoz hilton give me very good memoreble moment, Experiant and knowlage..hilton treat us as famli they have team building to the staff and also hilton provite training for staff to improve... Thank you Hilton KL..
Free food for workers and working hours are balanced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu28 August 2019
I think Hilton is one of the famous Hotels and have a deal rate 5 star.You need to prepare Black skirts / pants and black shoes for f&b ,Maybe only allowed wearing hijab if u prefer to work at Banquet, but for f&b ,u need to look fresh . They have prepare all staff t shift, food and so on..but u only need to prepare pants and black shoes.. Tq
Fun work place
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu18 July 2019
It was fun to work here and everyone is friendly. We have employees cafe and relax room where employees can take a break or sleep during rest hour. However if you work as a front office or in concierge you have to stand up all the time.
Pros
free lunch and 2 day off work per week
Productive and Educational Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hilton Kuala Lumpur1 April 2019
Of all my internships I actually enjoyed my time at Hilton the most because there I learnt that it is never easy anywhere in the industry and that I have to strive and work the hardest to improve myself no matter in work or human interactions.
Pros
2 days off
The workplace and the staff are very accommodating.
5) Intern (Former Employee) –  malaysia21 February 2019
Working in Hilton Petaling Jaya is quite an experience in a sense that I really do learn a lot especially in my workplace- Executive Floor Lounge. Challenging yet it may be able to help you develop your character and personality in a good way. Engaging with guests and giving them proper service would definitely create a good impression towards the establishment
Pros
Free Food, Good ambiance
Cons
No break time
Experience in working in the Demo Kitchen
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur27 January 2019
My career started as a Teppanyaki Chef and I was working in an open kitchen, where customers will be sitting in front of the teppanyaki while waiting for their food to be served. I've learned how to interact with customers and it was really interesting to see how different customers react.
Tough but unforgettable experience
Cross-Training Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, MY4 December 2018
Working in Hilton Kuala Lumpur is tough for an intern because of the number of works and shifts of rotation. It was an unforgettable experience to work there as I get to learn a lot of things from all the different departments. Hilton KL thought me the importance of teamwork when it comes to work, we always have to be reliable for our teammate when they needed help. Also, it provides me with a platform where I get to learn while working.
Pros
Get to experience working in different department
Cons
Long hours with low paid
All 3 important meals are provided, and a pool table too
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur30 September 2018
during my 6 months as Intern, there is a lot of things to learn yet so little time to do so. There was some issue with some of the staffs but its all good in the end. Would give a rating of 3/5 overall.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
no overtime pay, yet commission is deducted when sick leave is applied
its all about my duty and skill
Waiter/Server coffee house (Former Employee) –  Malaysia Kuala lumpur5 August 2018
all shift i am doing everyday
knowledge and skill passion greeting respect
they was help a lot
culture we are sharing and caring
chines new , deepavali, Christmas
culture festival time.
less team member time. its was busy time. its more interst
Pros
skill and knowledge
Cons
the salary not enuf
Productive an challenging
CASUAL WORKER, BANQUET (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 July 2018
i worked at Hilton casually when i was in college. i went to work during weekend and semester break to gain own pocket money. basically they took college/universities student to work as a banquet casual staff during big events held at Hilton.
The end of soul searching process
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  petaling jaya27 April 2018
It is self-rediscovering process for the 10 years i spend in this company.

Earning is alright, however, i have fully prepared to turn over a new page in my career.

Soul has been searched, questions answered.

Time to move on with ready mind, correct/humble/poised attitude.
Experience
Food Preparation/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya1 April 2018
Ensure dishes are clean by cleaning cookware and other utensils and make sure that the supply of cookware for food preparation is adequate and functional.
-Responsible in the preparation of foods or dish. Preparing meat, other side dishes and desserts. Prepares good food in a timely manner.
-Make sure the trash is empty, maintain a clean kitchen counters, wash cooking pots and pans, cleaning stoves, griddles and ovens. Monitor temperature on kitchen refrigerators and freezers.
Productive and fun place to work
Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 March 2018
Typicall a day at work will be like serving customer, preparing for breakfast and lunch, taking food orders and engaging with guest in a conversation. Management is good where they look after their staf well being
Pros
Free meal
Cons
uncertain off day
productive and fun workplace.
position leader banquet, waiter (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 February 2018
work comfortably and food is provided with a wide range of options, working hours are well organized, as appropriate by the supervisor, transportation provided, and salary provided according to the event.
Pros
evening meals are provided
Cons
short breaks
Fun working
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur1 February 2018
It was fun working with few peoples there. I learnt a lot about food and beverages and also extranets. They give free staff meals and the manager and assistant manager of front office is so friendly
Pros
Staff meals, lockers
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work at
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuching15 January 2018
Was able to learn a lot from the chefs there. They were friendly and was able to teach us interns their way of work there. Food was excellent and the environment in the kitchen was great
Variety
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 January 2018
I have worked in many departments (Pastry, Baking, Japanese, Malay, Chinese, and Garde Manger) in the hotel and met new people and friends. Location of the hotel was in KL so I used LRT to commute between my house and the hotel. As days passed, working in a hotel can be tedious and repetitive but at least I get to switch department that I worked in every few months.
Pros
Free lunches, Minimum wages as an intern
Cons
Low wages
A nice place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Selangor3 January 2018
I did variety of work as i did my internship there. I learnt management work like organizing documents into specific files, go for food safety inspection with manager and learnt on what are the crucial things that should not be done in the kitchen and outlet. Enjoyed this department while learnt a lot of thing. Besides, did inventory check in receiving department. It is the most fun department as the people there was very helpful and friendly. Lastly i was in one of the outlet where sometimes nice to work sometimes few people just be very unfair to us. Otherwise, some of the staff there really take care and teach intern students well.
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K