Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 11,021 reviews
The workplace and the staff are very accommodating.
5) Intern (Former Employee) –  malaysia21 February 2019
Working in Hilton Petaling Jaya is quite an experience in a sense that I really do learn a lot especially in my workplace- Executive Floor Lounge. Challenging yet it may be able to help you develop your character and personality in a good way. Engaging with guests and giving them proper service would definitely create a good impression towards the establishment
Pros
Free Food, Good ambiance
Cons
No break time
Experience in working in the Demo Kitchen
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur27 January 2019
My career started as a Teppanyaki Chef and I was working in an open kitchen, where customers will be sitting in front of the teppanyaki while waiting for their food to be served. I've learned how to interact with customers and it was really interesting to see how different customers react.
Tough but unforgettable experience
Cross-Training Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, MY4 December 2018
Working in Hilton Kuala Lumpur is tough for an intern because of the number of works and shifts of rotation. It was an unforgettable experience to work there as I get to learn a lot of things from all the different departments. Hilton KL thought me the importance of teamwork when it comes to work, we always have to be reliable for our teammate when they needed help. Also, it provides me with a platform where I get to learn while working.
Pros
Get to experience working in different department
Cons
Long hours with low paid
All 3 important meals are provided, and a pool table too
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur30 September 2018
during my 6 months as Intern, there is a lot of things to learn yet so little time to do so. There was some issue with some of the staffs but its all good in the end. Would give a rating of 3/5 overall.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
no overtime pay, yet commission is deducted when sick leave is applied
its all about my duty and skill
Waiter/Server coffee house (Former Employee) –  Malaysia Kuala lumpur5 August 2018
all shift i am doing everyday
knowledge and skill passion greeting respect
they was help a lot
culture we are sharing and caring
chines new , deepavali, Christmas
culture festival time.
less team member time. its was busy time. its more interst
Pros
skill and knowledge
Cons
the salary not enuf
Productive an challenging
CASUAL WORKER, BANQUET (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 July 2018
i worked at Hilton casually when i was in college. i went to work during weekend and semester break to gain own pocket money. basically they took college/universities student to work as a banquet casual staff during big events held at Hilton.
Experience
Food Preparation/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya1 April 2018
Ensure dishes are clean by cleaning cookware and other utensils and make sure that the supply of cookware for food preparation is adequate and functional.
-Responsible in the preparation of foods or dish. Preparing meat, other side dishes and desserts. Prepares good food in a timely manner.
-Make sure the trash is empty, maintain a clean kitchen counters, wash cooking pots and pans, cleaning stoves, griddles and ovens. Monitor temperature on kitchen refrigerators and freezers.
Productive and fun place to work
Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 March 2018
Typicall a day at work will be like serving customer, preparing for breakfast and lunch, taking food orders and engaging with guest in a conversation. Management is good where they look after their staf well being
Pros
Free meal
Cons
uncertain off day
productive and fun workplace.
position leader banquet, waiter (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 February 2018
work comfortably and food is provided with a wide range of options, working hours are well organized, as appropriate by the supervisor, transportation provided, and salary provided according to the event.
Pros
evening meals are provided
Cons
short breaks
Fun working
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur1 February 2018
It was fun working with few peoples there. I learnt a lot about food and beverages and also extranets. They give free staff meals and the manager and assistant manager of front office is so friendly
Pros
Staff meals, lockers
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work at
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuching15 January 2018
Was able to learn a lot from the chefs there. They were friendly and was able to teach us interns their way of work there. Food was excellent and the environment in the kitchen was great
Variety
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 January 2018
I have worked in many departments (Pastry, Baking, Japanese, Malay, Chinese, and Garde Manger) in the hotel and met new people and friends. Location of the hotel was in KL so I used LRT to commute between my house and the hotel. As days passed, working in a hotel can be tedious and repetitive but at least I get to switch department that I worked in every few months.
Pros
Free lunches, Minimum wages as an intern
Cons
Low wages
A nice place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Selangor3 January 2018
I did variety of work as i did my internship there. I learnt management work like organizing documents into specific files, go for food safety inspection with manager and learnt on what are the crucial things that should not be done in the kitchen and outlet. Enjoyed this department while learnt a lot of thing. Besides, did inventory check in receiving department. It is the most fun department as the people there was very helpful and friendly. Lastly i was in one of the outlet where sometimes nice to work sometimes few people just be very unfair to us. Otherwise, some of the staff there really take care and teach intern students well.
Pros
Free lunch
It's honour be apart of Hilton ( Kuala Lumpur)
Practical Student (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur9 October 2017
Great environment and management were doing excellent job helping student or workers that satisfied with the job. Had learned lot of knowledge and experience during practical in past 6 months.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Uniform problems
productive, fun loving and learning environment
Assistant cost control manager (Former Employee) –  malaysia30 September 2017
Hilton was an amazing experience. i work there with the people of diverse culture.
i was given access to the supply chain management system
as i was part of a chain to complete the transations of inventory control and cost control.
posting invoices
weekly inventory count
and co-ordination with recieving departmet were basic tasks
ans responsibilities.
there was a lot of learning for me as i learn how the organisational systems works
how much important a job position could be to complete a transactional cycle
my boss there was realy helpful and allow me to complete my work at my eas, but completion was mendatory
they were fun loving and sustaining a flexible culture there.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
typical 9 to 5 working hours
Fun and good
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 September 2017
The work place are good. nice environment. nice people. good location. and for those who like challenges with work, recommended. Benefit are good as well. :)
Very strong in teamwork but lack of consistancy
Garde Manger Chef & Coffee house kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 August 2017
Too Busy place but suitable for youngster

Fun & Hectic

Huge management team & too many decision maker

Sometime last minute thing happen to often & quality will drop since lack of focus & insufficient time
Pros
Unlimited access to play with new idea & being creative
Cons
Too many decision maker & too busy place
Friendly team member and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kuching4 August 2017
Nice workplace to work. Enjoy with my job. A lot of benefit. Can meet and communicate with loyal customer. Working hour not to long. 5 days in a week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, health care
productive and working fun
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuching town14 June 2017
setup and restructure the engineering to have a passionate working culture, learn about new culture of people mindset, management are helpful, spare parts are not available ,I have completed the task given by gm within the dateline.
Pros
life style
Cons
old building needs refurbish.
Fun workplace,full of knowledge n quality
Commis 1 (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 June 2017
enjoyful n ful of experience in culinary arts,good management n benefits,truly very sad to leave this company,i have tonleave it becaise to care my parents
Pros
good salary
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K