Hyatt Employee Reviews for Receptionist

3.8Job Security & Advancement
Found 2 reviews matching the search See all 8,512 reviews
It was fun and worth the stress
Receptionist Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 March 2019
Before a shift starts daily , the duty manager normally gathers everyone on duty for a short briefing. Successful communication, teamwork and good relation of the personnel in each department is what makes the hotel keep it's good business .Each department has a vital role to make the service memorable and excellent for every guest and encourage them for a return visit . For me, one of the most challenging part when I was working in a hotel was handling guest complaints. In some cases , I felt guest would just make up some stories in order to avail complimentary services. Well, I believe all kinds of jobs have their own hassles. Above all, the experience was interesting. I met different nationality, I experienced different behaviors of people when they're freaking mad or pleased. I learned a lot from encountering people with different languages, attitudes and culture. Overall, it was a fun and a very significant experience for me .
Pros
Free meals and transport when your shift finishes at midnight
Cons
you have to stay back when needed