IBM Employee Reviews

Found 127 reviews matching the search See all 26,939 reviews
Place with warm people
Fulfillment Professional (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya, M109 October 2015
When I was there the whole time the people there were friendly, warm and very welcoming therefore I felt at home very quick and things run so smoothly. The people were very helpful and always willing to learn and teach at the same time.
Pros
Friendly people, colleagues and managers are close
Cons
low increment for the yearly increment
nicely working environment
IT Helpdesk Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M108 October 2015
need to work with fast pace and working in team is the most important in here to meet the team goal. Friendly team members in my team is the best what i have working in this company.
Cons
contractor don't have much benefit
Good Company
SAP BW/BO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Petaling jaya10 September 2015
Not many SAP Projects for IBM Malaysia, Good company to hang around until you find better company with SAP Projects, Though working with multi national companies like IBM is always a safe bet
Ibm
Technical Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur2 September 2015
An organization that take pride in Process compliance.
Numerous learning opportunities if he/she willing to ask and search, if not from people, from W3.
Performance / outcome driven organization.
Pros
Carries the IBM pride
Cons
Balance your life with the work
Fun but too tiring
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya22 August 2015
it is based respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically for Lotus Notes, AT&T and other IBM related software.

Average phones calls pike from 50-75 daily, thus fast call solution needed.
Call resolution and remote PC experienced .
DB available for references during client calls.
Teamwork was really good.
Pros
attractive salary, fun working place
Cons
exprienced mental stress.
Boiling competition
Global Admin Support / Australia (Current Employee) –  M1019 August 2015
I need to mange my managers calendar(arranging /rescheduling/ cancelling meetings/book meeting rooms). Book their travels(air-flights/hotels/transportation).Do claims for their expenses.
I have learned a lot as this is my 1st experience as PA.
Management is OK,good.I'm working in a good team as all of my colleagues and also my manager are very friendly .The hardest part is when I wanted to get feedback from my manager's client as most of them from different country(different time zone).I need to be available even at home.The most enjoyable part is when most of my managers give me compliments,will be so happy and proud of myself
Pros
flexible lunch time
Cons
healthcare is limited as we are in contract position.
Ability to multi tasks and prioritizes key tasks.
Customer Fulfillment Representative (Supply Chain) (Former Employee) –  M1016 August 2015
• Positive attitude to work under pressure.
• Ability to multi tasks and prioritizes key tasks.
• A capable team player who is able to liaise with people at all levels.
A place you'll be proud of to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M1025 July 2015
A Multinational Company Managed and run by true professionals in every aspect and all employees are treated equally across all the regions.

IBM encourages Freedom of speech and opinions for all it's employees

IBM practices Work/life balance and time flexibility is the essence of this Company, given to its employees so that each one of them can manage their personal and working time efficiently.
Pros
A lot of opportunities for Training, career and personal development
Cons
Restricted Healthcare benefit
Friendly work environment
Remote support Lvl2 (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M107 July 2015
Great place to start a career , supportive management . Space given for personal development .The day starts with cheerful good mornings, regular reports, checks. Toughest part would be during disasters , when resources are limited and demand is high. The best of times comes when you receive "thank you " from customer .
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Career advancement
Overall Feelings
Industry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Malaysia.29 May 2015
A great place to learn about advance technologies. Fantastic place to learn about various work cultures. Conducive work environments. Hardest part may be to grasp all the technologies within the company.
Flexi Free time
Global Admin Hub ( Admin Assistant ) (Current Employee) –  M1013 April 2015
I've learn a lot of secretary job, such as attending meeting, taking minutes, calling AMEX to do some travel arrangements for my clients who at United States. Every end of month submitting their expenses reports to their higher management without failed. If there is any urgent issue there is always a way and help from the co workers to help out or fix it. Everyday is the compliment day from the clients.
Pros
Free Coffee and cheap Snacks
Cons
Independant
Long working hours
Team Lead – Business Control (Former Employee) –  Petaling, M103 April 2015
Can be long working hours.
Experience and deal with people's attitude toward work and also team member.
Worked with people from other locations.
Challenging but a fun place to work
Services Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 February 2015
It was a challenging job, but I love it as it helps to improve and prepare me for the next level. I love my colleagues, the workplace and my job. I think communication is essential in this company. The hardest part of the job was coordinating with internal and external (customer) team at the same time in the short period of time especially there was a tender to respond. As long as I communicate with the right person across the organization, deadline should not be any issue.
Pros
the achievement feeling
Cons
Work life not balance, long working hours
Productive with fun environment
IT Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M1023 February 2015
It is pretty hectic environment especially when you're hitting thousands of calls by average on weekly basis. But when we enjoy the job,the hectic level is least felt. As for the management end,they're pretty supportive in helping us with the cases. I've a bunch of top notch co-workers who often work together in resolving issues together,regardless how bad it could be.

Hardest part of the job comes in whenever we handle customer who refuses to accept any explanation but at the end of the day,that is what our job requires us to do,assist them in the best way in resolving their issue.

I enjoy solving problems for the user because end of the day,i am too a consumer of products and i can feel how they feel at times.
Team Work
APPLICATION TESTER (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya,16 February 2015
We work as a team. We share ideas, help each other in managing problems. The hard work will be fine when we are in team.

I learned a lot while I'm here. So much experience in managing all the tasks I need to do. But, I enjoyed it so much.
Productive and Experience
Contract Solution Manager (Current Employee) –  Petaling, M102 January 2015
IBM is one of the good place to gain strong career experiences.

I have learned how to be productive person and taught me various experiences.

Well, management is fair , good and flexible with employees and good to work with.

Co-workers very co-operative and helpful each other.

The hardest part of the job is stress at certain point of time only and also which is manageable.

The most enjoyable part of the job is work culture which work from home.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Longer hours
I am very happy during working time with IBM . It was amazing to work environment. I am missing to this company. My contract completed with IBM.
SAP HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M1017 December 2014
During my working time I was little Confusion . Because I am the single person to handle project. Day by i have learnt the process.

In this project I worked on end to end implementation.

During Authorizations part i was little Confusion this is my hard time in my project. my team leader has given demonstration on this task.

I worked on testing areas like Regression Testing , Integration testing , UAT Testing.

Preparing FS Document.

My Project manager and Team leader was very friendly persons. I completed my contract period and my project with their great help.

User Training on this day i am very happy to work users .
Very good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M1017 November 2014
IBM is a great company to work with. Assist multiple IBM US IBM Directors virtually.
Ensure that calendar is up to date and accept meeting invites as well as send out meeting invites to
directors' clients.
Book travel for clients (flight, hotel and car) both locally and internationally.
Prepare clients expense claims during travels to ensure that the corporate credit card is up to date and all
expenses are covered.
Ibm
Unix Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya, M1016 June 2014
IBM is a company leader in the invention, development and manufacture of the industry's most advanced information technologies, including computer systems, software, storage systems and microelectronics.
No Career Progression.
BTLA (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.1 March 2014
Work & Life Balanced but No Career Progression. Work politics a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K