IBM Employee Reviews

Found 126 reviews matching the search See all 26,568 reviews
Opportunity and Culture
AP GBS Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Malaysia26 February 2017
Good place to nurture talent and grow expertise. Organized process and structure in place and helpful management. As company transform and change through time, many of the opportunity to grow for experienced internals is rationalize / minimized.
Pros
flexibility for working hours
Cons
com & ben getting inattractive
The most enjoyable work
Internet Fulfillment Executive/Airline (Former Employee) –  malaysia22 February 2017
Working with different culture people is so amazing . IBM teaches the punctuality in me. Made me to adopt to the world class culture at work. Working with company like IBM feel so blessed
Fun workplace
Learning Delivery Administrator, (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya21 February 2017
Flexible working environment
Management ability – Having leadership skills and the ability to manage others is key for employee success.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Min Benefits
Good working place
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maaysia13 February 2017
IBM Malaysia is a professional working place. Can learn lot of things here. We can mingle around with foreign staff's. Happy working at IBM Malaysia.
Working Culture
System Operator And Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malaysia12 February 2017
The culture environment very good and relax. Working here will give a good exposure specially for IBM product. With the good environment the company apply the value of cooperation.
Pros
Relax and good environment
High Efficient Working Environment
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia10 February 2017
Every coworker that I work with are highly efficient. All problems and solutions be given within 24 hours. However, all the supervisors always supportive to their staff.
Pros
Flexi working hours and privilege to work from home
Cons
High stress working environment.
Good place to start work
Assistant Technical Lvl 1 (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya5 February 2017
Good company with good leader.
Good enviroment and good lifestail.
Friendly college.
Celebrate every festival in the country.
Good company
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya16 January 2017
I have learned alot about Cloud , project management and soft skills.
- great place to work and learn.
- secure job.
- management is good.
- Co workers helpful and nice team.
- hard part to work late nights.
- best part is work from home
Fun Workplace
Sales Transaction Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bandar Utama PJ9 January 2017
I gained good Administrative and Management Skills, Good Communication & Problem Solving Skills and Leadership Skills during my time working in IBM. We worked well in a team to ensure the scorecard looks good and to satisfy customer with quick turnaround and within the SLA. The hardest part was during month end closing where all things must be done especially the billing job to capture monthly revenue. The most enjoyable part is the teamwork and the support from Team Leader and Manager
Pros
Flexibility - work from home
Cons
Work during Malaysia Public holidays
Productive and fun workplace
Global Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya5 December 2016
Very high task to be done at the minimum duration given.

Hardest part of the job is handling fussy managers and make them understand certain things.

All my co workers were so friendly and it's fun to work among them.

The management was good.

I learned how to manage calendar of my managers which is tricky to do. It's interesting to learn through this.
Cons
Short breaks
wonderful environment to work
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Damansara Utama30 November 2016
Such a great place to work,
friendly staff,
A lot of benefits
a lot of entertainment and celebration
have worklife balance
Manager willing to help when having problems.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Healthy place to work
Subject of Matter of Expert (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 November 2016
Its a challenging business department where the SLA needs to be achieved. I have a excellent manager who take cares of in terms of
Year end review
Pros
Healthy environment to work
Cons
No place to workout
Agile and fun working place
(Business Process Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Malaysia15 November 2016
I have been working with this company for past 6 years, where I have developed my widespread experience with business analysis workflow process. I have specific experience in three main functions for Services, Annuity Services – Project Based Services, Hardware and Accounts Receivable for Asia Pacific America and Europe. I was responsible for extracting functional requirements from end to end user - operations team and translating those requirements into detailed requirements. Though I have greatly enjoyed this role, I am looking for a new challenge that will provide me with the opportunity to further develop my career.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Late night meetings
Short term work place
Sales (Current Employee) –  malaysia17 October 2016
Workload is heavy, no work life balance if you are on sales plan. day to day non stop meeting and work late most of the time, miss family quality time.
Good experience
Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Damansara Utama16 October 2016
Everyday is a busy day with new situation to deal with. A good manager that always motivates us to be better. Co-workers are of different type of people. The biggest challenge was dealing with the extra long working hours and seniors who are not helpful. The best experience will be learning in how the real work world is.
Pros
flexiable working hours
Cons
extra long working hours
Fun, exciting workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia16 October 2016
A company that provides positive career development and working environment that promotes efficiency and effectiveness in the staffs. As the reporting structure is an upward reporting, the team has high visibility to CFOs and Controllers. This is also the most challenging part of the work. However, having co-workers who practices team work, knowledge sharing among team members are encouraged, which have also made works simpler.
Pros
Meal allowance for working overtime
Cons
Closings happen in weekly and quarterly basis
Nice working environment
IT Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya4 October 2016
Nice working environment with professional technical training provided. The co-workers are friendly and team players. The job is to support the customer on wide range of technical issue. The job scope is not clear.
Pros
Provide language allowance and free ticket back to home country once a year
Cons
Salary is lower than market and not many opportunity to grow
IBM Tivoli Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya28 September 2016
I am worked within the IT industry for over 15 years. Currently I am working in a multinational company as an IT Specialist, I have developed a wide range of skills that would meet, and exceed the expectations for the role. In my present role as an IT Specialist for IBM Malaysia. As an implementation team I work as a team to plan and implement variety of technologies both on hardware, software and with cloud services. If presented with a problem my strong technical skills and analytical abilities assist me with troubleshooting and then provide good technical solutions in order to fix it. As below alluded I have multiple certifications that are covered more fully in my enclosed resume. My combined education experience and creativity as an Information Technology Specialist make me an exceptional choice. I have a focused detail-oriented approach and can methodically arrive at technological solutions for any company issue.
Excellent company
Technical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kualalumpur28 September 2016
IBM is is very good company. Typical day at work having support from the management and support from our team mates. Good sharing and work together. Hardest part of the job is very limited scope but it only depend on the project. Most enjoyable part is free time. Customer is very cool for us, so we didn't face any big escalations
Pros
Learn new technology
Cons
limited work.
have a great working environment
Global Administration (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya5 September 2016
- Very friendly co-worker and have great working environment.
- Have a great management
- The hardest part in job is how to manage managers from different field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59K