KPMG Management reviews

You need to be multitasking
Working here need to be multi tasking. Sometime you need to deal with an impromptu work receive by the CEO. Meanwhile you are an admin, sometime you need to act like an HR too. A small company that want to fully utilize the man power that they have. But it is acceptable since the manager is nice.
Great place to intern at here
I have clear direction for my future career. I have the opportunity to audit listed company. The management is quite systematic because the task assigned according job role. I love the workplace because everyone quite nice and willing to teach me. I cannot enjoy work life balance if I work at there.
A very workaholic working environment where we need to meet datelines
A very stressful working environment where we need to meet the date lines of each customers.

I learned how to do audit, check account and do work planning.

Management - superior give full explanations on task assigned to the trainees.

Everybody paid full concentrations on the works.

Hardest part of the job where you need to stay back until late night in order to complete the job before dateline.

Enjoyable part is when you get to know different people and different types of companies when you do audit work.
Pros
Gain huge experience
Cons
Too long working hours
Good place to grow
Good place to grow and learn a lot for fresh graduates. Get a lot of helps from middle management as they will guide you from scratch and all your work will be reviewed by the managers.
Pros
Good team, good management
Cons
Tight deadlines, Heavy workloads
Great workplace with steep learning curve
This is a great workplace, with clients in multiple business industries, providing a platform for diverse experience, especially to fresh graduates. The management has provided flexibility to the staff to demonstrate their ability in the course of work.
Pros
Staff benefits and welfare covered.
Cons
N/a
Typical Big 4
Good place for fresh graduates to learn and climb up the corporate ladder. However, the management do not invest in employees and you'll feel like cheap labour.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low salary
No work life balance
Flexible hours on working. However, we are require to work overtime where there is no off peak period for us.

Poor management where there is no proper guide from manager on the proper procedure on work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No work life balance, no proper guide from manager
Workplace emphasizing work life balance
- flexible working hours, as long as you are able to deliver
- two ways communication, your directors are more than willing to listen to your comments and suggestions
satisfactory
I enjoy working with KPMG but I resigned for better offer. I feel regrets leaving KPMG as I think working with chinese management is better than working with Malay management.
Typical day to meet deadlines
have learned on administrative skills, communication skills

management skill and delegation skills to my juniors
workplace is good
hardest part to comply with government rules and regulations

to meet person in multilevel
Pros
CSR acitivity to zoo negara, to orphanage house
Cons
meet fee target
Awesome workmates with little messed up management.
It was an amazing and full of learning environment, real and challenging industry opportunities from all areas ranging from Banks to Oil & Gas. However the incentives are not quite much, and management is not up to the global standards because it an MNC, the expectations are always high.
Pros
Flexible working hours, yearly overseas trips(all paid up)
Cons
Less salary, gap between management & employees. unorganized resource allocation (Monkeys swimming the ocean, fish climbing the tree)
though and challenging but gain alot of knowlegde
what I learn :
- obtained and examined appropriate audit evidence

- Checking financial reports and records are accurate and reliable

- Communicate with managerial staff on issue that arise

- Attend client's stock count and asset sighting

- Preparing reports on audit findings

The management in this firm is good. they have their own system to manage the organization

the co-workers are very friendly and helpful. they support each other and guide me in case I don't understand some issues.

the hardest part of the job is the working hours where usually we work until late night.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the environment where we have multiracial and everyone is very friendly. that makes the environment to be more comfortable.
Pros
work experience
Cons
working hours
Productive and Professional work environment
The company's working hour is flexible as long stay on duty for 8 hours per day. I have learned about accounting treatment because had been audit for various type of industry. While the management also good where the culture is more concerned on efficiency and have a friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job where I need to settled down all 3 companies working paper at the same time to chase the due date. The most enjoyable pat of the job, I can meet various type of people where I will go to our client companies to do my audit and get many experience.
Pros
Free movies once a week, get many experienced and many activities for each month.
Cons
work overload
Productive and fun place
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Pros
Company status
Productive and fun
Learned to work in a international standard, it provided to working condition to deal with international people. had good management,and most important the teams are more helped to lear how to behave in a team
good varieties of job exposure
the hardest part is the short deadline as it is client oriented industry. overall, a very good environment to learn from various industries
Pros
flexible on time management
Cons
short deadlines
Good working experiences
KPMG is great place to start working. Good exposure to multiple industries, staffs are very helpful and management are very cooperative.
Pros
Medical allowance
Cons
poor work life balance
extensive learning with good career progression
I was mainly in charged with audit assignments after 6 months on the job. Audit assignments involve audit testing for each accounts of the company and then drafting the audited financial statements that needs to be checked and approved by the managers and partners before submission. Co-workers are extremely helpful and very caring. The hardest part of the job is to deal with difficult clients and working under tight deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family oriented culture in KPMG.
Pros
good co-workers and management
Cons
tight deadlines