Here to help
Coronavirus update

KPMG Employee Reviews

Malaysia65 reviews
People are connected globally and have an excellent collaborative relationship
On a typical day, we start of by helping the countries within the region who have issues with regional training as well as those who experience technical issues related to their local training arrangements. We also need to coordinate regional training by carrying discussion with training leads, country training teams and even vendors and suppliers that provide training essentials such as venue and printing services. Aside to that, we assist facilitators on the do's and don'ts of virtual classroom training and manage all communication between the facilitators and attendees. Aside to that, we are also responsible in collecting data from the region on the number of attendees, the type of training preferred and the list of facilitators available which is used for annual training calendar preparation and for the board to review the progress of regional training.
Pros
Talks on social issues, recreational activities, travel options, Inter Department Transfer options
Cons
Odd working hours due to collaboration with global counterparts
Typical Big 4
Good place for fresh graduates to learn and climb up the corporate ladder. However, the management do not invest in employees and you'll feel like cheap labour.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low salary
No work life balance
Flexible hours on working. However, we are require to work overtime where there is no off peak period for us.

Poor management where there is no proper guide from manager on the proper procedure on work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No work life balance, no proper guide from manager
Fun workplace and colleagues
place to enrich my knowledge in general/cost accounting & bookkeeping. i have gotten chances to do full spectrum of doing full set of accounts. hands on experience working with accounting software ACCPAC & Xero cloud accounting software
Pros
Business trip to visit Singapore
Cons
Nil
Workplace emphasizing work life balance
- flexible working hours, as long as you are able to deliver
- two ways communication, your directors are more than willing to listen to your comments and suggestions
Productive and friendly working environment
As an intern, very fortunate to have a good SIC who teach me many things. I learnt things out of the textbook which are more relevant to the practical. Besides, the working environment is quite friendly.
Good Learning Ground
KPMG serves as one of the best learning ground for individuals with an urge to succeed in its career as they are plenty of helpful managers and superior that are wiling to assist employees in achieving their goals.
I had learned to work longer hours with a tight schedule of dateline. Furthermore, I manage to learn to be involved in inter company competition among all the audit firm.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KPMG?
Audit assistant and my first job in home town
Assist audit senior in auditing and meeting clients auditing deadlines. Actively involved in going outstation as far as Pensiangan for stock take of timber business.
Pros
Work in home town Tawau.
Cons
Low pay.
A place to grow for fresh grads
A nice place to learn and grow for fresh grads, Friendship build thru up and down during work time. Gain many audit and financial knowledge here.

A good place to work.
Pros
Excellence staff benefits
Cons
long hours of working
Helpful colleagues
Typically a busy day starts with juggling numerous engagements. But colleagues are approachable in providing support and help. Career progression is good but learning curve is steep.
Pros
One week firm break
Supportive Teammates
Throughout this internship, i have learnt how to apply my knowledge obtained from school into workplace. Valuable experiences are gained as there are many challenges throughout the internship period. Most importantly experiences really help to link all the knowledge which we have learnt.
Nice place to work
Very friendly people to work with, managers are very understanding
Normal working hours except tax seasons

Great start pay

Encourage personal growth
Pros
Friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
Small departments
Productive and professional
Overall, it has been a great experience for me to explore more about accounts of the company. As an ACCA finalist i am able to fulfill the job requirements to achieve the objective of the company.
Pros
Friendly teammates
Cons
Long working hours
satisfactory
I enjoy working with KPMG but I resigned for better offer. I feel regrets leaving KPMG as I think working with chinese management is better than working with Malay management.
Typical day to meet deadlines
have learned on administrative skills, communication skills

management skill and delegation skills to my juniors

workplace is good

hardest part to comply with government rules and regulations

to meet person in multilevel
Pros
CSR acitivity to zoo negara, to orphanage house
Cons
meet fee target
Rushing for reporting deadline.
My communication and giving guidance skill has been improved. The hardest part is working overtime (till midnight) to meet the reporting deadline. We may only sleep for few hours.
Pros
3 days MC free
Cons
health problem
A positive overall experience
There are a lot of friendly colleagues whom are never reluctant in sharing knowledge and experience. The job promises challenging tasks and a lot can be learnt while on the job.
The working environment in KPMG is not bad, coaching is gained.
KPMG emphasises on quality in work and thus there are spaces for us to move on in our career advancement.
We are trained to watch closely on our working hours so that hours are not wasted whilst working on each of the engagements.
Pros
Creating friendly relationship with client and co-workers.
Cons
long working hours
Good team but no working life balance
I have learn a lot, and meet new friends and senior that willingly to help me. However, being in audit may result in low worki life balance. But, overall KPMG is a good stepping stone.
Management is poor within my department
Typical work week from Monday to Friday, flexi time is depends on HOD approval. You are required to overtime to prove that you are hardworking. Most of the initiatives implemented by the firms are goods however still subject to HOD approval. Overall experience just so so within my department.