lovisa Employee Reviews

Productive Place
Stylish and Customers Service (Senior) (Current Employee) –  Malaysia12 December 2018
i learn a lots in here. How to be stylish, to make customer impress about our style and to make customer buy our products. in here i also have to make sure, average dollar of our store not drop.
Pros
No dress code. Free to style
Cons
limit time, short break
Productive and very fast-paced work environment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia27 November 2018
I've managed to not only develop the skills that I have learnt from my previous employment but learn new things from my employers. I was able to learn the distinction between different standards of giving customer service. As Lovisa is a company that originated from Australia, the motto has always been "customer always comes first". Lovisa's workforce is women-dominated. Hence, I've had the privilege to work amongst strong, independent women.
Pros
New skills learnt
Cons
Places for you to dress up
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 November 2018
If you love dressing up, not sitting in front of a desk then this is the place for you. Getting all dolled-up like you're going on a date. Having to enjoy your employee discount!
Pros
Employee discoutn
Cons
Long hours, no team dinner/lunches, bad management
Thrash Place of Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Malaysia6 October 2018
Other part than a good team. Working here is way bad idea than you think. It seems fun to work here because of what they make you think. The upper management is really suck. Sometimes they let you alone in the store without other team member and they make you multitask even there is something big need to be done.

Also they let you stay working overtime when your work is not finish and what is worst they won't pay you on this. The working hour is very long, sometimes you have to work 11 hours with only one hour break.

The upper manager only interact through whatsapp and sometimes they insult you with bad words such as (dumb, stupid and also they use the F words). Last 2 months they fired most of the Store manager in most of the store and they use a stupid reason to terminate them, they don't pay them with their full salary and some of them also not being paid. So if you want to work here, think again.
Pros
Big discount on products
Cons
Sucks management
The most enjoyable part of the job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Empire, Subang29 July 2018
The most enjoyable part of my working experience in Lovisa is being able to meet new people and communicate with them as their friend and stylist which also indirectly exposes me to new cultures and opportunities
Mediocre at best
Part Time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 March 2018
The nature of the job is great, selling jewelry, interacting with people, running a store etc. I work part time and the other girls I've gotten to work with are wonderful too.

Management has no ethics. You can clearly tell the upper management has little trust in their store managers, let alone their team members. You work quite closely with your regional/state manager (through WhatsApp) because they need to see through every single thing within a store, and bark down orders/insults when something doesn't meet their expectation.

There is no overtime pay, you are paid per hour, yet they don't allow you to leave until you complete every single task they hand you. Many of us have had experience staying past/arriving earlier than our rostered work hours just to get the work done. I would understand if a full time team member did this, but when part time team members are paid strictly per hour, this is just unfair.

Everyday, they measure how good you are at your job by the amount of pieces you sell from a fixed range. They record how many you manage to sell, and yet, you don't get any commission for sales from this range.

Only worth it to work here if you join as a store manager or any position above this level. Part time team members are just subordinates to them, and there are quite a large of percentage of us who come & go because it is not worth it to stay in the long run.
Pros
Staff purchase discount; Learning from job experience
Cons
Horrible upper management
happy styling
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur12 February 2018
I love to work with lovisa because they are practice ato be a urban life, be yourself,confident, happy environment, happy selling and tge important thing is happy styling to the client, i love to do that.
Pros
great team member discount
Cons
no problem at all
Great Opportunity to build intrapersonal skills
Part Time Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 September 2017
Lovisa (M) Sdn Bhd has been a great platform for individual to learn and expand knowledge in sales and retail industry. Many tips and selling techniques were taught throughout one year plus journey.
Pros
Employee Benefit/Great Cultures
Cons
Lack of Employee
A fun working environment.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Malaysia9 September 2017
If you love working with amazing team and a fun working enviroment. Lovisa would the the place. Amazing discount for all Lovisa Jewellery and a great place to learn about styling and building great relations with your customer.
Pros
Staff discount
Fun Workplace, Management Problem
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Subang Jaya26 July 2016
I had fun learning from Lovisa which includes work fun with the other team members. It was enjoyable to help customers pick out accessories according to their fashion. However, the Regional Manager had no respect towards us employees and was very manipulative of situations which in resulted a few of us getting into arguments with her as a point of defending ourselves. She took it as an offense and force us to send in our resignation letter. A few of us decided to try to apply again and she rejected informing our names are blacklisted. Getting into an argument is not a big of an offense to get us blacklisted.
Pros
Benefits, Team Members, Work environment
Cons
Regional Manager Treatment