Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the search See all 2,754 reviews
Fun workplace
Senior Component engineer (Former Employee) –  Malaysia22 July 2015
Flexible work hour as I'm providing global support but also challenging due to different language and culture.
Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Good working environment
Jigs & Fixtures Designer ( TSE Dept.) (Former Employee) –  M0712 May 2015
1. A nice environment and good scent of family culture between management and production folks.
2. Everybody works as a team and contribute ideas to ensure the success of the product to introduce to the customer.
3. The management have done a great job creating a family culture feeling among their employee at different level.
4. Teamwork and fully committed to the task given.
5. To achieve the dateline for new product introduction release to US customers.
6. Free lunch and dinners for every successful product acceptance by our US cutomers.
Pros
Everyone is rewarded with free lunch upon the success of acceptance of a new product by customers
Cons
None.
Productive workplace with inhouse cafeteria and medical clinic with doctor,in house convenient store,in house gym,inhouse sports ,facilities,inhouses
Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaling, M109 May 2015
Learn the management style of a multi-national manufacturing fortune 500 company. Learn about production planning, schedule, meeting cycle time, quality control, budgeting, forecast and planning for future expansion,customers satisfaction and on time delivery. Learn how to walk the talk,Constant respect to follow employee,Self Discipline. Work hard and enjoy the job
Pros
In houseclinic, in house cafeteria, in house sports facilities, cafeteria, library
Cons
on call 24hours365daysa year
carrom board in a test lab
RF Test Technician (Current Employee) –  North-East Penang Island, M0714 April 2015
-easy to work here because here is no punch card system
-i have learned many type RF Test and it also can run in auto or manual
- the management and the co-worker is good because never push or pressure an employee to done they job.
- low profit with allowance and don't have OT for me
Pros
no punch card system
Cons
low benefits
Staff are cooperative and hardworking
B4 Chargeman (Current Employee) –  M071 January 2015
I am working as a B4 Chargeman working under contract in Motorola where there are 4 numbers of 11KV 2MVA Generators operating in synchronized.
The intake from TNB is 33KV supply and there is a 1MVA transformer to step down to 11KV supply.
There are 3 Nos of11KV 2500 KVA transformers to step down the voltage of 415V for production.
The management and staff are cooperative and understanding.
That is why we achieved 99.8% in the yearly KPI.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Too much politics
A very good environment to thrive
Senior RF Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Penang, Malaysia28 September 2014
I worked in the advanced technology group in Penang site in Malaysia. Motorola is an excellent environment to thrive and learn especially if you are a software engineer, electronics engineer, or telecommunication engineer. If you have the expertise and you want to thrive then you are at the right place.

There are lots of expert engineers who share their experience during one by one sessions, presentation, or training courses.

The working hours are flexible as long as you do your job and perform your assigned tasks.

There is a good team working and fun working when working on a project. There are a lot of team building activities as well.
Pros
excellent environment, team working, work/life balance, benefits, good senior leadership team, flexible working hours
Cons
do not expect a high salary
Job Summary
Product Life Management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Penang, Malaysia29 November 2012
I enjoy my day at work. I handle projects for many managers. Its great to get to know them. I love my job so much. As i am seeing how the things work from starting till the end. I have 3 person reporting to me. They are a very good team mates. The hardest part is when its nearing the Release and Shipment. It will be very stressful l as we have to meet the date line planned. Besides that, I have lots of fun at work. Not only i can get to know the locals but I get to know my counter partners from Schaumburg, Israel, Poland, California and many other places.
Pros
get to meet different types of people and able to learn new skills
Cons
stressful
Fun workplace
Undergraduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Penang, Malaysia22 April 2012
During internship in Motorola Solutions Design Center, I have gain a lot of knowledge. Not only practical knowledge for engineering knowledge, but also the relationship between every single colleagues. Even-though the training period is very short, but i have done a lot of task there, for instance, I experienced in evaluation Kionix accelerometer inside a walkie-talkie, board-pass evaluation, setup of IC flashing station, radio reworking and soldering of various s.m.t. components. Last but not least, before leaving Motorola Solutions in Penang, Malaysia, I am given a task which to solve the LCD issues, which it is not functioning at the very beginning and later the cool temperature problems, where it does not working at -30 degree Celsius. Even I have faced a lot of problems of solving the issue, but I tried to solve every discovered problems patiently, and finally I have successful solving issues for the LCD display. After the training, I feel like I am getting more and more interested in engineering field.
Pros
hard-worker, lateral thinker, self-motivation, fast learner
Cons
i am a person who does not talk much.