OCBC Bank Management reviews

Poor management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur3 July 2019
Collection department is a Poor management. Turnover too high, no faster hired ppl. Some more the system is outdated. Many complaints from customers. No giving time frame to settle. Cannot claim OT to clear backlog. Even Sunday and Saturday come back also no appreciate.
Pros
Colleague good
Cons
No OT claim, no appreciate, poor management, no work life balance
Productive and Fun Working place
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Puchong24 June 2018
Learning of SME market
Learning of different business activities and management
Learning of dealing with different customer segment
More spaces for self improvement
Productive job
Litigation Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 May 2018
Learned paper work,improve on communication skills. Fun environment . Able work on stress. Helpful management as manager very supportive. Good team members.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia3 November 2017
I really loves working here. My team is superb. We worked, we have fun. The management also knows how to appreciate the staffs by giving the free lunch or token of appreciation for all staffs.
Pros
Free treat by management, appreciation
Warm and friendly corporate culture
Talent Management, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  MY24 July 2017
Despite a financial industry, the corporate culture is always known for its friendliness, warm and family-oriented. However, the team is also always aggressive in growing the business and presence in Malaysia, as a foreign player.

What I like most about the People culture is the Talent Management initiatives top-down. Leaders are always very supportive of talent management matters, especially Succession Planning. There are proper structures and practices put in place to identify High-Po's, before planning an individual's development plans, rotation and subsequently succession planning.
Pros
Warm and friendly work environment
Cons
Rigid and too careful
productive
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  kerinchi23 July 2017
time management and working skills
patient and confident level talking with customer
able to work in shift and leave all able to get
benefits are alot and with good pay
A good environment with appropriate training provided
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 July 2017
A supervisor is very supportive.Interns are provided with training on an overall document process.Every intern is given an opportunities to present their idea on way to improve the management and their comment on the overall internship program.
A good bank
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia25 May 2017
Job entails managing existing & new customer (during later part, I only found out we can handle new customers, as management kept telling us we can't manage new customers. So I had to pass these to my colleagues to handle), introducing them to the bank's relationship manager as previously there was none. The job position was quite new at the time, so management wasted a lot of time doing tele-conferencing calls (at least 2times per week) which was redundant. how management view sales target was ridiculous as well (imagine going to a 1 year late marathon, that's how long the job was available before I came in), hence target of RM3mil FD per month is impossible to most. I learnt what & how to see people for who they are/ people skills
Pros
good bank
Cons
new department, hence you will feel like a lab rat
Good environment
Customer Resolution Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 March 2017
Good friends and management, but with low increment. Quite competitive to move to the next level in my career at OCBC Bank. I left the bank for a better opportunity in Measat Broadcast Network System (Astro)
Cons
low remuneration
Huge potential company
PERSONAL FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu24 January 2017
In overall, this company provided a good management system for every staff to do their work efficiently. And I can say the working environment and culture is very big different compare to other banking experience as this Bank focus more on customer experience and I personally feel proud to be one of them before this.
Bad environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 December 2016
It was communication breakdown especially from manager. The workloads around here are not properly deligated. In addition, experienced a negative working environment from surrounding who are making yourself feel invisible.
a good employer ever
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Kota Damansara12 December 2016
a place i never considered to leave. overall experience to be here is too memorable. the management taught me to be a very good staff especially in compliance and coord
Chasing sales target
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur9 September 2016
Driven by numbers and sales oriented. Work as more individualistic as management set a target for each employees to achieve monthly.
Hardest part in this job is that, chasing sales target at the end of month. Another challenge would be serving customers with trouble shoot
Good place to work.
Authorisation Officer (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 August 2016
Good career start up place with great environment and friendly fellow colleagues. Working routine is as usual with shift base as managing transaction fraud issues. However, the top authorities need to review their subordinates who work at management level. This will keep the company culture more healthier and will lead the workers towards success.
Pros
Monthly activities
Cons
Assign irrelevant tasks to the team
Produce results and you will be paid well
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1429 May 2015
I rose from the rank of clerk to a Vice President. Opportunity is there for you to grab. It is all about results. Performance is for you to prove. Whether you work hard or you work smart, bottom line is always results. Challenges are everywhere, be it the job, your co-workers or the management. It is up to you to decide weather to use it to your advantage or you can complaint about it and get stressed up unnecessarily.

Hardest part of the job of course when KPIs still not met. Because the rewards are tied to the KPIs.

Most enjoyable part is celebration time. We sweat it up, we argued a lot, but when we succeeded, everyone celebrate.

We are free to voice our opinions. Feedback is a gift to OCBC. In meetings, we argued our points and opinions openly, but at the end, we still can have tea together at the mamak stall :-)
Pros
Management of an open door approach
Cons
Tight date lines, less work life balance
Caring environment and fast paced Organization
Maker for Statement & Cheque Book Team (intern) (Former Employee) –  Penang19 May 2015
Everyday morning, I would retrieve cases/requests sent from Singapore Branches. Then, I should start processing the day-to-day requests, prepare statements like current account, fixed account, loan account, savings account, tax report and etc. Each type of statement has a unique way to process.For Statements that include a fee, I would need to do debiting on customer's account. Moreover, I help process statements for Police Investigation after 5.30pm. By the day end, I would review, maintain and report the balancing of requests processed and received. I need to work within tight deadline as well.

By undergoing this internship, I learnt to be meticulous and quick in processing because no errors are allowed in Banks. The slightest mistake will result in Breach of Banking Secrecy. In terms of Management, I would've needed to manage my stress as I needed to work within deadline. Time Management is important as I always reached OCBC Office 30 minutes early to process requests.

The hardest part of the job is Heavy workload of customers requests and Police investigation. We handled requests from every branches of OCBC Bank in Singapore. Statement request for Police investigation is even more tedious. Therefore, Bank employees (Processing) are always trained to work quickly.

The most enjoyable part of this job was I knew great colleagues, Team Leaders and Head. They aren't only my mentors, they are also my good friends who motivate, teach and encourage me. Moreover, I could feel the warmth of being a team (teamwork), we help each other, share the joy of success and crisis
  more... altogether.  less
Pros
ever-changing company events, convenient work location, amiable environment
Cons
Long Hours, overwhelmingly heavy workload, Traffic Jam.
Analyst review
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia18 September 2014
In this job, i have taken up some programming roles, learnt how to manage migration of big systems, and to automate big bulk of the daily operations of a department.
Pros
management takes care of their staff's welfare
fun workplace
Waiver Officer (Current Employee) –  Petaling Jaya, M1011 June 2014
the work is an 24/7 rotational based shift work,i had learn more about the usage f credit card and about the charges on the card,the management is just nice on their supervise and moreover my colleague are very friendly they do assist if there is any doubt,the hardest part is when the charges unable to waive and need to contact customer at the same side advice on the payment,the most enjoyable is my friends.
Pros
free vendor dring
Cons
Got good experience in implementing new projects
Senior Unix System administrator (Current Employee) –  Kualalumpur Malaysia11 August 2013
• Supporting huge datacenter in SG and MY banking environment on (24x7) basis and working for application migration activities in UAT & PRD environments.

• Providing the BAU support for all Sun Solaris 9, 10 11 , AIX 6.1 running servers (file system management and all OS admin tasks handling), Handling new application migration projects

• Building Sun servers running in solaris10, Solaris 11, having good experience in the administration of virtualized environment LDOM, and ZFS

•Installation and OS migration from AIX 5.3 to 6.1 on AIX, and Updating to latest patche level for fixing security bugs and relevant platform specific packages.

• Having good experience in configuring Solaris10 Zones and supporting the same for development servers

• Installing, configuring High Availability solution, and supporting using VERITAS Clustering products VxVM, VxFS, VCS(VCS SF CFS5.1RP2) on AIX, Solaris Platforms.

• Automating and Building process using shell scripts
• Scheduling jobs using Autosys and managing event processors, event servers

•Extensive experience defining and documenting user requirements, defining technical needs, and developing and documenting high level designs and detailed technical designs.