Petronas Employee Reviews

Nice workplace to work for
Risk Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 September 2018
The salary is very good, nice people, lots of work need to be done. I do my internship there, and what I can say about the internship is that we have lots things learned from the organization.
Productive Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur28 August 2018
Excellent workplace, benefits were good. Very punctual and productive. Helpful colleague and the working environment is great.
Learn more about corporate world.
Get more experience n work place and also get something new from the others worker
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Semenyih, Selangor25 May 2018
I hope, i can get more knowledge about that company and get some skills in Broadcasting station. Besides that, i hope the employee hired me at their work places.
Pros
Back stage management, floor manager
Cons
Salary
Good employes good for company
Fuel pump (Former Employee) –  Segamat17 June 2018
Small salary and stingy boss.good work members.have shift work.working times 26 days a month.break days ones a weeks.8 hours working with 1 hour rest.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short break.no healthcare
Hierarchical Place, very good benefits, good advancement
Executive (Transformation Projects) (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur13 December 2018
A very good and safe working space for everyone, with good management, training and career advancement policy in place. With the ongoing digital transformation, this company is going to provide advanced working space in the near future.
A progressive employer
Head Technical Safety (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 September 2018
I was a Senior Technical Safety consultant in a Project to update all the Safety Cases for all PETRONAS facilities in Malaysia beginning with Sarawak, Sabah and East Malaysia.
I also managed the delivery of the finished products by way of one-to-one presentations to the workforce.
The management team were supportive and the workplace culture was one where staff wanted to learn
Pros
flexibility with work time
My opinon working in Petronas
Site Operation Representative (Former Employee) –  Miri29 July 2018
A good avenue to learn a lot of things , a good training ground to develop skills and talent but not a best paid employer.This is a company of multinational of choice who emphasize safety as a paramount as well as Health and environment related matters.The culture is to ensure,promote everyone goes home safely to their family and the slogan is base on Energy received, Energy return to the nation and country.
Pros
Good Training ground for developing skills
Cons
Very low pay compare to any global operator
A great place to learn
Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miri27 September 2018
A great place to start your career as the company give a lot of opportunity to the young lads. There is a program where every young engineer has to participate and learn from it.
Pros
Training
Cons
Unclear job description
fun workplace with supportive teammates
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Pengerang11 December 2018
-consolidating manhours for 30+ packages
-improved my Excel skill (eg: PivotTable)
-learned more about construction
-always had breakfast, lunch and dinner together
Pros
free breakfast and dinner
A great working environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 September 2018
This is the place to grow as a professional and learn so much about the oil and gas industry. A great platform to build your career and become specialist/expert in which ever field you choose to be in
Productive and Good team
NEWS ADMIN QAQC (Current Employee) –  RAPID PROJECT PETRONAS PENGERANG13 May 2018
1. My company,they are provide work hours so long to 12 hours per day.That one not productive for staffs. My suggest is work hour provide 8 hours per day only, after that is overtime to encourage staff to complete the task.

2. My typical scope involving in the piping documentation.
1. I invoving in the non destructive welding system (NEWS), how to update the visual report,NDE report,PWHT report and Test package in the NEWS system, and i also learned how to provide the report to managmnet.

2. i have learning also how to cooprate or comunicate with managmnet and team.Team goal also need in among of our team(NEWS TEAM)

3. yes exactly this task so hard when visual report not as per drawing, either in test package report also, drawing no mark up. piping documentation also more to backlog report, so this is need manpower enough as per required by project to complete as soon as possible.

4 I enjoy this work and I so interest because for me this task so challenging, and give me to learn how to communicate with management as my responsibility to provide the NEWS WEEKLY PROGRESS.
Pros
Elaun site, Accomodation free, Meal per day free, Transport free
Cons
Healtcare, Sosco (kwsp)
Productive and fun workplace with various amount facilities such as, gymnasium, indoor soccer court, squash and more.
TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  KUALA LUMPUR27 June 2018
In my opinion working in PETRONAS is the best place ever as they offer a flexible working time. I learned how to managed project efficiently with other colleagues. The culture and working environment is very friendly. I enjoyed every single moment at there.
Best first experience
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  PENDANG8 October 2018
I really like to work in petronas as my first experience in work but I really want to try another experience in my study field.. And I want more workerholic experience .. More job in working hours
Pros
Good job environment
Cons
Little job competition
Very supportive staff.
Industrial Training at HSE Department (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 September 2018
All the staff is very supportive to support whatever jobs given in order to give more experience to the trainee. Have given the opportunity to join tasks by following the staff to the site at Sabah.
Pros
Always gets free food during a meeting.
Cons
Nothing.
could be a world class opaerator
Subsea Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 August 2018
Petronas has potential especially in the subsea oil and gas development, but its lack of experience in developing prospects is playing a major role in confidence to splash the the cash.
Pros
relatively strees free atmosphere
Cons
lack of confidence in subsea developments
Excellent Learning Environment
SL1M GEES Petronas (Former Employee) –  Port Dickson24 September 2018
Who knows learning and developing your personal attributes can be fun? I learn it here from the wonderful trainers and friends that we truly can be supportive to each others development.
Good start of experience in real world job.
HR Analyst - Payroll (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur8 November 2016
Overall, I have learned something which is out of my educational background where I need to start up the work from beginning. My job have given me exposure to HR related matter where I have been doing for 2 years. Being assigned to international Payroll team have gave me opportunity to upskill my communication skill and exposure to other country requirement. Working at Petronas more likely self driven working where you have to learn by yourself & understood your job scope without close supervision. You also have to be multi-task & flexible with your job assignment.
Pros
Good job exposure of experience & knowledge, big company, job security
Cons
Average Benefit & Compensation, lack of work life balance
PETRONAS Work culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Terengganu27 June 2016
The place you must give 200% attention everyday when play with dateline and with tight schedule. You must be a fast learner person. People around unable to give 100% attention to new staff. The management are very openly to seek feedback from staff for any improvement. I had gained such a number of experience and exposure while working in this company with various high profile assignments. At the same time, the company will provide a lot off training to you to enhanced your skills. The hardest part is you must take into consideration with community and local supplier even some of the local supplier is not competent to perform the job. The most enjoyable part is the company can be considered if you make mistakes and can learn from it.
Pros
Benefits, Career Development
Cons
Blaming Culture, Too KPI Oriented
A place for youngsters to earn some extra pocket money
Part time Assistant auditor (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur12 July 2018
It was a golf club that open a chance for youngsters to help the golfer to earn some pocket money and apart of that experiencing the toughness of working life by following the working schedule at the age of 16
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Pressure and tiring
No Comment
Reservoir Geologist (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 September 2017
Petronas is not the best company to work for. in terms of compensation, it is ok, but everything is really not working. health care is lousy. culture is not so great. the company lost any vision. I am not sure if I will except any offer in the future from this company