Petronas

Petronas Employee Reviews

Highly competitive and fast paced, you need to be on your very best
Petronas strive to take the cream of the crop when selecting candidates.
Once receiving the job, worker has to be work hard everyday in a highly competitive and fast-paced workforce. While everyone was busy with work, there was always people to ask questions and help.

There is work life balance.
Productive and work life balance
Great company, great culture and an overall great experience. Everyone in the company is incredibly welcoming with open arms and its a fast pace environment if you're looking to improve your career development.
Fun workplace
- Conducive workplace
- Easily reach can commute through LRT

- Very good corporate working culture

- Strong nationalism among employee

- Helpful employee
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Intern not been given enough training
Great experience
They tried their best to make sure that i gain as much knowledge as possible during my internship. Make sure that you involved in as much project as possible
A right footing for those who seek challenge and performance oriented
Fast paced, performance oriented, trying to change from old culture towards the new culture.

Office politics is still an issue, however the management have a clear direction of steering away from those situation which hinders this proactive culture to cultivate.
Mixing Work Life Balance
Sometimes it can be be busy, but sometimes you are relax with no tasks to do. The most enjoyable part is they are friendly. The HR dont care about interns, because they pay all the interns late but for their wages, of course it is early.
Good experience
Working here gave me a lot of new experience and help me gain a lot of new skills. The working environment was so pleased and positive. There’s a lot of benefit that i got during internship.
Experience jobs
Its good for anybody who didn’t have a job because its not too hard. The hardest part in this job ,when the worker must take care of customer who complain about petronas .I like this job because my employer and the other worker can make a great teamwork
fun work place
have a good managenent, have a fun workplace.i learnt many things and got many experience such as need to communicate with customers that have their own behavior
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Work temporary during semester break
I work here temporary, for only one month during my semester break.It was a good experience as I can learnt something while working.All the staff guides me nicely.
Productive and fun workplace with a PS4
Basically, quite interesting to work with one of the biggest company in Malaysia. The working culture quite different. They are practising a flexible working hour, strong and organised management etc.
Need job
I am a foreigner. I have permit for one year.after one year i want made permit again so i want a good job here.i am a poor people.i have family.i like Malaysian people and work.
Very good and beneficial
I like working with PETRONAS because the employees are helpful and friendly. Love the work there and the environment. Beautiful office and well equipped facilities
fun
it is fun to work there however workers need to be productive during the peak hours such as early morning and in the evening because that time is the time when there are many customers
environnement de travail agréable
bon matériel a disposition, cadre de travail agréable
Productive workplace with cool meeting room and system.
The hardest part of the job is when I need to communicate with other subordinates. I'm really enjoy intern at Group Financial Controller department as they provide us with better workplace and culture.
Not a good place to work in....
If you are a non-malay, don't expect to be treated fairly. I was boycotted for my entire intern period. They are just mean to you, in every possible way.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Except for food, everything is bad
Productive and immersive workspace
A typical workday here is quite interesting. I learned many concepts that had not been taught in great detail during my studies. Management here seems ok and the workplace culture seems to be a fairly hectic one. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the workflow but the most enjoyable part is enjoying my breaks with my cohorts.
Oil and gas multinational company with a strong corporate culture
It is an excellent company for security and job advancement, but the corporate culture is more suitable for parents looking for absolute stability and family life, in comparison to other fast-paced oil and gas companies.
Challenging Work Place
It is a very challenging work working place in term of mental and physical. Can gain the knowledge and meet so many experiance people in the oil and gas industry.Able to learn a lot of working techniques.
Flexible working hours and good environment
PETRONAS is a good company that cares about its employees and the department I stayed in was very friendly and close to each other. They will do a GRM connect event on last Friday of the month to gather and introduce new employees as well as bid farewell to people who are going to retire or changing department including interns. A productive department as I can see all the employees will discuss any matters related to the company as soon as they enter the office and it shows their professionalism. It is a two ways communication where each of them will give their opinions despite the position level. As an intern, I was treated as a normal employee since I was given access to the common file and system so I can extract the data and complete the reports to be sent out in the morning and before I go home. They taught me a lot of new things especially about trading and I have definitely improved my excel skill as I used it in almost all my tasks. The most enjoyable part was when I was assigned as a focal to create a Trading Compliance Bulletin for Quarter 2 which was sent out to hundreds of recipients to remind them about discrepancies that happened and how to improve it and avoid it to happen again in the future. My supervisor informed that the bulletin received a warm response from traders. Overall, I think I have a great experience with my practical training in the company.