Philips
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 26 March 2020

Philips Employee Reviews

Malaysia11 reviews
too short a time to rate this place but they were good employers to begin with.
I wish i had been able to be here a little longer- if not for my migration i would have stayed longer. i came across mature and committed employees in Philips- people whom i wish i had the opportunity to work longer. The systems and compliance upheld in Philips were one of the best i came across.
Racist
I'm not afraid to tell but Bitz Agency provide promoters for Philips and most of the employees are Chinese and they are more biased to Chinese even if I'm better than most of the promoters. I'm not boosting myself but I know what I'm capable of and I was very well aware of all the products and features of philips products but still I wasn't allowed to work in Philips anymore without any valid or solid reason and prior notice. It was so unprofessional of them.
A good company for you to learn
I have learnt a lots of knowledge from this company throughout my 10 weeks internship program over here. It's a good company for me to learn especially the E-learning system. This company is so generous to organize various training for us and the system implement by this company is really good.
Normal
Not much to say, I was replacement for 3month as the vacant is temporary. However it new experience as learning prosess. With a good team to support each others.
Under Recruitment / Staffing.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Temporary workers
Great place to work but unequal in terms of employee benefits.
Good experienced in terms of automotive industry, I've learned a lot of things on how to manage production in term of cycle time, planning, dealing with people and auditors. Culture are easily adopt since we are in Asia and most of the employee are from within the region. Hardest part of the job where in time that you need to face the top level and management to report all the status of the production and discuss of all failure that encountered during the day. I was enjoy doing my job because it is part of experience and knowledge as well. The people around are approachable and easy to coordinate in terms of production is concerned.
Pros
the management acknowledge the effort of every individual member of the organization.
Cons
unequal benefits for DL and IL
Great place to work.
You are allowed to think and present your ideas. Open culture. Company vision and strategies are designed well to be sync with the Malaysian market.
Pros
Employee discounts on products, incentive and reward programs.
Best Place To Work
-Flexible working hours
-Friendly colleagues

-Adapt to working environment

-Learn new things from supervisor

-Make new friends

-Learn different processes
Nice working environment
Great learning platform for technical to hands on experience, provides training and courses for people development and growth.
Pros
benefits, compensation, balance work life.
Cons
salary
Productive and great place to work
Heavy shipments most of the days,learned to be patient and self motivated.Management just ok to work.Co-workers mostly contributes less problem.
Decision making the hardest part caused by management.Enjoyable part only on teamwork.
Pros
Shorter fridays
Cons
No fixed breaks due to heavy shipments
High Learning and Joyful environment
Very time consuming but friendly and experience employees makes the day wonderful. Plenty of learning and hands on enable me to learn and contribute.
R&D department
1) I was attached to the Research and Development (R&D) department. I was assists engineer. Familiar with a few processes. A part of that, I also involving in machine handling. Quite difficult but interesting in the same time.
2) Learn to oversee and operate the computer production plants. A part of that, I learn how to participate in planning of a production assignment. Also acquired knowledge about safety and quality control in production.

3) Employability skills such as communication, team work, problem solving and also learning point.