Pizza Hut Salary & Benefits reviews: Crew Member

Found 104 reviews matching the search See all 25,780 reviews
Pizza Hut
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA15 August 2019
Working here was a challenge but I did get a lot of hours and the work wasn’t that bad but if you’re the cook you don’t really get to take a break and I didn’t like that.
fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FL18 July 2019
Really its a good place but some people of crew can be a little anoying but the manager is a good person and so funny... I would like another job because I would like earn more money, for the reason I need help my family and I need pay my studies
Pizza hut
Crew Memeber (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM16 July 2019
Had knowledge of pizza making before working at Pizza Hut it was a good job and fast paced kept busy , good leadership at Pizza Hut they had benefits but I chose to work part time and great customer service was provided to each customer
Good starter place
Crew (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, IN28 June 2019
I really liked working at Pizza Hut for 6months to help buy myself a car. All the managers were well involved and organized. They wanted to see you get better and had extensive training on every aspect of the kitchen. The only thing wrong with the place is the pay, and the amount of work you would put in. Weekend nights were incredibly stressful, you are doing the work of 3 people and only getting paid barely more than minimum wage, but you could always get the hours!
Pros
Lots of free and heavily discounted food, organized, well trained
Cons
pay was not worth the work
Simple, fast-paced restaurant job
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 June 2019
Getting used to the job took at least a month due to the amount necessary to learn, management was helpful and kind to individual employees, and hours were flexible during the afternoon and evening.
Pros
Free drinks and occasional food during work.
Cons
Employees usually did not take care of dirty dishes.
A fun part-time job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OR14 June 2019
The pay and hours were too low for my liking after about a year of employment, but the management and atmosphere of the job made it a fun place to work.
Pros
Work with availability, management
Cons
Hours, pay
Nice people with an easy work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KY5 June 2019
The work was very easy to pick up on. The management was up to par. They were very flexible with the days I was working and the hours. There were no issues with the pay. I actually enjoyed working there, if I could go back I would.
Pros
Discounted lunches were nice
Cons
High Stress with very little reward
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2019
It was a very high stress job as we were very close to the university, with constant orders coming in and always understaffed it became a less than optimal work environment. Most of those who were tasked with grunt work ended up doing all the work. I learned what I didn't want in a job and how to be a better manager. Through the two years that I was there the only raise we got was due to the provincial minimum wage increase. Also the competitive wage increase was 5 cents above minimum wage. One of the hardest things about the job was being constantly understaffed and having to prepare food as well take care of the current orders with not enough people created a constant fast paced high stress scenario.
Pros
$13 worth of free meal
Cons
Long hours, and not flexible
Crew Member
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FL21 April 2019
I was a still a senior in high school. I was referred to this job by my basketball teammate. I primarily worked in the kitchen area as a cook to prepare orders. Some times I also made deliveries. I worked per diem, whenever I was needed, wherever I was needed. There were several crew members on the clock at any given time. I often had to wait to be called in to work. My hours fluctuated based on management. My weekly hours and pay was inconsistent and unpredictable.
Pros
Work with the public, knowledge of pizza preparation
Cons
My weekly hours and pay was inconsistent and unpredictable.
Pizza Hut
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX6 March 2019
Good job full of fun people and it’s fairly easy. With good training this job could be a piece of cake, but this job can cut hours at any time. Other of my friends had too many hours such as getting home at 3:00am and going back in at 5:00am
Pros
Decent pay for teenagers
Cons
Can cut hour at any time
job experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA27 February 2019
i enjoyed working there it was a good experience as a good job. it was great learning experience. the managment could of been better but the store i was at did have many complications.
Pros
money, co workers
Cons
managment, unorganized schedule
Very productive and exciting place of business
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Trooper, PA26 January 2019
I learned a lot about consumers and how they react. Customer service is very important.

The management was outstanding.

My favorite part was just being in the atmosphere of my workplace , it was so productive and for me I loved it .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It was fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NM21 January 2019
I worked with fun managers and fun employees. Everyone gets along and everyone is very helpful. Tasks are super easy but we always remain busy. I liked working there
Pros
free bread durring lunched with free drinks as well as dicounts on meals
Great managers. Hours go fast.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hawaii15 January 2019
Good place to learn about food handeling.
They give too much at once to start training.
I had six hours my last week. They are always looking to hire new people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks. Lack of hours.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NV21 November 2018
It can be fun but you have to be willing to work. It can get really busy especially during football season. It can be fun and and great work environment if u make it to be.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Dont get a free meal
Laid back but management is unprofessional
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS20 November 2018
The job is very laid back and easy but management is unprofessional and it is a nice place to start out but the pay isn’t good enough to make a living off but great for school students
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Pay, benefits
It was a nice place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OK18 November 2018
It was a good place to work out but definitely didn't get paid enough or enough hours to be able to survive on my own I only got two to three hours a day and then only like 3 days a week to work and yes I got tips but the tips plus the check or not enough for me to have a stable living
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Not enough hours
productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA13 November 2018
a typical day is very busy. mostly on the days with coupons over the phones and in store everyone has to be on their toes. there are people coming in and out and there's only one break.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
30 min break
Sucked, it's fast food.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS16 September 2018
No benefits, no professional skills to carry over, little oversight, tedious monotony, poor communication, and environment constantly sweltering heat with no proper vents or cooling.
Its ok for beginners
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SC14 September 2018
You dont want this job unless you are in high school. The pay isn't great and the job is demanding. You could work into management pretty quickly though.
Pros
easy to learn
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

57.2K