Pizza Hut Salary & Benefits reviews: Crew Member

Found 120 reviews matching the search See all 28,176 reviews
The best company to work for!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS2 January 2020
As a single mother, this company understood the hardships I faced while raising my newborn and they provided so much help and flexibility with my schedule. When they see you working hard, they promote you and offer raises as they should! I loved it!
Pizza Hut
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO30 December 2019
Great customer service and out of this world food service. Great working environment and flexible schedules. Great benefits and pay. Chance for advancement in positions
Pros
Chance for advancement in job positions
Cons
Rude customers sometimes
Terrible job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA29 December 2019
Honestly one of the worst places I have ever worked . the management literally will nag at you for anything like an extra pepperoni on a pizza . they never tell you when anything you do is good - only bad. Tried to make me sign a paper to take away my breaks even thoigh they give me 10 hour shifts . they also have control over the tips and give themselves huge cuts. Oh not to mention the ONE week scheduling .
Good Job
Pizza Hut Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint George, Bluff8 November 2019
Great job for a 16 year old starting out too make some money flexible schedules and endless fun with your co workers, yes it’ll get busy but it wouldn’t be work if you didn’t work.
Management is great!!
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH30 October 2019
It's a decent store to work for. Management is totally amazing but I'm not much of frozen dough pizza eater. I loved the energy in the work place. I made good friends here.
I enjoyed my time working here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ19 October 2019
Standard minimum wage job; low advancement, high turn over rate, etc. This location was specifically understaffed which made busy nights pretty stressful, but the crew is amazing if you're not annoying and can respect them.
Pros
Food, leniance with time off requests
Cons
Some crew members don't know when to stop
Working at pizza hut
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL22 September 2019
Pizza hut was a good job the pay was good,always had over time because I was willing to stay when they needed help. Managment wasn't that bad he always made sure we had the help we needed. I was mainly a cook and washed dishes there. I got a long with everyone one there,stayed away from drama.
Fast paced, productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NY20 September 2019
Very fast paced, friendly coworkers and managers, easy tasks, friendly customers, cons would be the amount paid per hour, the hours I would get were barely any days out the week.
It's just OK for me.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC6 September 2019
This is my entry into the restaurant field. The hours I'm getting are fair considering that I'm just a prep person. The salary is just short of what I'd like though. Management has been cool for the most part though I miss the benefit of a free personal pan pizza after our shifts. In short, I have little issue considering that this is my first job.
Pros
Good hours, fun people with work with, keeps you busy
Cons
No real benefits starting out, so-so salary for a crew person
Rather casual and a great place to get experience for future jobs.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kalaheo, HI19 August 2019
It's a rather laid-back environment that, while training you to do many things other careers may require, doesn't offer much chance for advancement. While working there is nice, I wouldn't stay there for more than a year or two before looking on to better opportunities.
Pros
Free meal each shift, discount on products
Cons
Don't expect to advance much or get raises.
Pizza Hut
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA15 August 2019
Working here was a challenge but I did get a lot of hours and the work wasn’t that bad but if you’re the cook you don’t really get to take a break and I didn’t like that.
Lack of everything
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VA23 July 2019
Managers sucked they never helped pay was horrible especially if you had previously worked with the company and relocated the scheduled hours weren’t enough and the cleanliness of the kitchen was low
fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FL18 July 2019
Really its a good place but some people of crew can be a little anoying but the manager is a good person and so funny... I would like another job because I would like earn more money, for the reason I need help my family and I need pay my studies
Pizza hut
Crew Memeber (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM16 July 2019
Had knowledge of pizza making before working at Pizza Hut it was a good job and fast paced kept busy , good leadership at Pizza Hut they had benefits but I chose to work part time and great customer service was provided to each customer
Good starter place
Crew (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, IN28 June 2019
I really liked working at Pizza Hut for 6months to help buy myself a car. All the managers were well involved and organized. They wanted to see you get better and had extensive training on every aspect of the kitchen. The only thing wrong with the place is the pay, and the amount of work you would put in. Weekend nights were incredibly stressful, you are doing the work of 3 people and only getting paid barely more than minimum wage, but you could always get the hours!
Pros
Lots of free and heavily discounted food, organized, well trained
Cons
pay was not worth the work
Simple, fast-paced restaurant job
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 June 2019
Getting used to the job took at least a month due to the amount necessary to learn, management was helpful and kind to individual employees, and hours were flexible during the afternoon and evening.
Pros
Free drinks and occasional food during work.
Cons
Employees usually did not take care of dirty dishes.
A fun part-time job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OR14 June 2019
The pay and hours were too low for my liking after about a year of employment, but the management and atmosphere of the job made it a fun place to work.
Pros
Work with availability, management
Cons
Hours, pay
Nice people with an easy work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KY5 June 2019
The work was very easy to pick up on. The management was up to par. They were very flexible with the days I was working and the hours. There were no issues with the pay. I actually enjoyed working there, if I could go back I would.
Pros
Discounted lunches were nice
Cons
High Stress with very little reward
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2019
It was a very high stress job as we were very close to the university, with constant orders coming in and always understaffed it became a less than optimal work environment. Most of those who were tasked with grunt work ended up doing all the work. I learned what I didn't want in a job and how to be a better manager. Through the two years that I was there the only raise we got was due to the provincial minimum wage increase. Also the competitive wage increase was 5 cents above minimum wage. One of the hardest things about the job was being constantly understaffed and having to prepare food as well take care of the current orders with not enough people created a constant fast paced high stress scenario.
Pros
$13 worth of free meal
Cons
Long hours, and not flexible
Crew Member
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FL21 April 2019
I was a still a senior in high school. I was referred to this job by my basketball teammate. I primarily worked in the kitchen area as a cook to prepare orders. Some times I also made deliveries. I worked per diem, whenever I was needed, wherever I was needed. There were several crew members on the clock at any given time. I often had to wait to be called in to work. My hours fluctuated based on management. My weekly hours and pay was inconsistent and unpredictable.
Pros
Work with the public, knowledge of pizza preparation
Cons
My weekly hours and pay was inconsistent and unpredictable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

57.9K