SBM Offshore Employee Reviews

Work as One
Project Engineer - Interface Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, MY7 February 2017
We learnt in SBM Offshore that different organisations of a company including engineering, procurement, construction, installation, operation and maintenance shall collaborate with each other in order to have a smooth and successful professional life during plant design and construction (project phase) and operation (execution phase). This was possible to learn in SBM Offshore since it is an EPC contractor which lease own facilities to Oil & Gas Operating Companies; thus, needs to operate and maintain own facilities.
Lactation Room
Piping Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 April 2016
I am appreciate the lactation room provided by SBM. With this facilities I am lucky to be one of SBMers.
The working environment also fantastic. We got contractual and performance bonus yearly
Good
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur9 March 2016
it is good company, the working environment is ok, you are relax with your manager and you have high efficiency there, recommend to apply for job in this company
Good paying job with great benefits and interesting work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1416 November 2015
I worked at SBM Offshore (More than a year)
Great office culture and environment.
It is a workplace where is your capability for the certain task given is based on your talent regardless of age. Fast learner will be develop much faster compared to the normal people.
Pros
Excellent benefit package. Great company to work for
Cons
Improvements on strategic planning are required in the company
Develop engineering skills and knowledge
Senior Instrument & Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 April 2015
Pros
SBM is a Leader in FPSO
Cons
Only doing egineering on FPSO business.
Happy, fast learning , and proactive person
QA AND QC ENGINEER (OFFSHORE FIELD) (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, M1425 October 2014
-monday to friday
-i learned more about offshore structure..
-management in this company are very stable and good.
-the hardest part is i need to learned more about fppso/fso myself because it quite new work and new exposure to me.
Cons
health care, annual dinner
Productive and unpleasant working enviroment
Senior Buyer and package manger at times (Current Employee) –  Kuala lumpur2 January 2013
A typical day at work, start the day at 9 am, no interaction with co-workers. Malay speaking co-workers, not much interaction due to language barrier. Management do not interact with new staff members and the atmosphere is not pleasant. The hardest part of the job is tere is no guidance to new staff members and understanding the working procedures as it is not made clear when you join the company.

I have been in supply chain for many years and each request for an order is a challange in itself, I love the challange and I love working with people. The satisfaction when I have managed to secure the best price and delivery as well as quality is fantastic. I love being in supply chain, I love my job, but currently I am not happy with my working enviroment.
Pros
expatriate benefits
Cons
language barrier