Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur22 May 2019
It helps to build your knowledge and also experiences in the Food & Beverage industry. The workplace is fun and always challenging when it comes to a busy periods. Colleagues are friendly and welcome you to the team as well.
Pros
Free meal during the whole days.
Cons
Work longer hours if lack of manpower.
Busy everyday
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur22 February 2019
Usually cooking buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner,ordering foods, doing mis-en-place,cleaning chiller and frezeer, always checking mis-en-place to prevent waste and spoilage, especially meats, seafood, vegetables, productions, perishable, perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by superior from time to time.
Productive and fun to working, because the system is very systematic.
Front office department (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu20 February 2019
Willing to do outdoor job, furthermore will gain more experience in different enviroment. And meet a new people everyday this will improve my language speaking and make my self confident when face people.
Pros
Lunch, dinner
Cons
Short brake and healthcare.
seronok bekerja
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur16 January 2019
ada hari busy tapi ada hari biasa-biasa je. diberi peluang belajar bahagian fnb. paling seronok sebab dapat kepercayaan dari ketua untuk buat kerja. suka bekerja di bahagian fnb. paling susah bila ada majlis-majlis besar
Fun workplace
BANQUET (Former Employee) –  Sabah26 December 2018
First of all, shangRi-La hotels are the best resorts in southeast asia and even around the world. ShangRi-La hotel offers a variety of excellent services for customers' needs. What is interesting about this Resort is that it is close to the beach which has an average of 40 acres of land, resort and spa that is very beautiful for tourists staying there, there are various activities and interesting places there. I was a former employee of the banquet at the hotel that this happened when I had finished my studies in middle school then I wanted to find my work experience and I chose shangRi-La resort and spa for my first work experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shot breaks
Fun in kitchen and more get knowledge about Shangri-La Food Safety Management
kitchen (Former Employee) –  shangri- la putrajaya22 December 2018
everyday follow rule and regulation by Shangri-la. Always get ready for every task when chef give me. always follow HACCP by shangri-la food safety management t
Challenging
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu15 December 2018
-long hours working
-wide range of departments to deal with
-internal training system needs to be improved
-friendly staff and peaceful working environment
-must be able to work under pressure
-recommended to compensate for overtime working
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long working hours
Rebuild you to be the best employee and fun environment
Customer service executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur28 November 2018
This company is a great company which provide great training and really concern about the employee's well being. If you are going for a great job experiences,you can go for Shangri-La!
Pros
Meal allowance
Cons
Limited leaves
second job
Commis (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 November 2018
i really did enjoy working in this hotel and I've been working here for 2 years plus in a french fine dinning restaurant and i really did learn a lot in this kitchen . This one of the most enjoyable work place i ever work .Reason of leaving this company is to seeking a greater opportunity in other company and willing to upgrade myself.
Pros
the working environment and staff meals
Cons
management
i had alot of fun and having ton of new experience
recreation (Current Employee) –  Sabah28 August 2018
i really like working here because everyday you get to met lot of tourist,,chinese,korean and western people..and they also prepared a free meals for all the staff that working here daily...
Pros
free meals
Cons
working outdoors, hot weather
fun working with friends
hospitality (Current Employee) –  Tuaran25 August 2018
my work place is to far from my home. hardest part of my job is nothing. just the place is to far from my origin place at penampang...................
Pros
free lunch, uniform
Cons
short breaks and healthcare
Productive and Fun
Pastry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu27 July 2018
A good and comfortable working environment. Human Resources will always care about the comfort of workers. The company also provides facilities for employees such as lockers, baths for employees, breakfast and free lunch. Employees are always given training on the importance of safety at work. Additionally, companies provide workers, hats, shoes and name tag to employees.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch.
Cons
Healthcare and free
One team one way
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu22 July 2018
Good place to work...staff very respectfully each others and all staff must follow special training
And this hotel very very care they staff and help is staff suffering big problem..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
friendly staff
Junior Secretary (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Penang25 June 2018
first day is my typical day at my work because it was tsunami drill and we have to climbed up to 5th floor by staircase. i have learned how to take minutes of meeting, filling, daily reports and etc. in my department all boys and myself and senior secretary is the only girls. the hardest part of job is on auditing time. and the rest of the time was our enjoyable day .
F&B (Former Employee) –  Sabah17 June 2018
I've been work with Shang Ri La Rasa Ria Resort around 2 years.In 2 years there is a lot of things i learn and i've been teach by senior staff there.Shang Ri La such a beautiful place i ever seen before.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Healthcare
I learned a lot
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 May 2018
It was a good place to work to be prepared for moving to America. My duties included preparation, serving and clean up. I learned about how work to make customers feel satisfied and at ease.
fun to work with team
Commis 3 (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu15 May 2018
all teamwork give support when we work in team,the workplace culture so comfortable.i also learn many skill from my chef.i can manage my task and finish it before my other team from another shift come.
Fun place to work
Service Associate Front Office executive (Former Employee) –  Traders hotel kuala Lumpur1 April 2018
Great company for ever, the company provide all staff needed from accommodation, training environments and of course paying good salary company always give opportunity to the staff to grow up their career
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  sabah6 March 2018
I have been working as a const controller assistant for 1 year and another 5 years as a accounts receivable assistant. I believe my experience can be beneficial towards the growth of the company as well as achieving the companies goals.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, parking space, attire, medical benefits, salary increament
Cons
Very systematic and located at strategic place in KL
Senior Steward F&B (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 March 2018
The hotel is so amazing and beautiful.
The service is tip top and the management is 100% good.
There is a lot of benefit towards staff.
We can gain more knowledge and experience by working at this hotel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3