Shell Employee Reviews

Found 156 reviews matching the search See all 6,744 reviews
A good company for development purpose.
International Mobility Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya16 August 2019
A great culture and environment along with the opportunities to grow in the company. In terms of the management and supervisor, they don't meet the expectation and somehow causing the employees some difficulties.
Pros
Facilities and benefits
Cons
Management, supervisor and work life balance
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 August 2019
Shell is a fun place to work and people oriented organization without compromising target. Core values and customer experiences is a key of success for those who worked in Shell. The brand itself to be proud.
Fun place to work
Client Ops Client Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya12 June 2019
Worked here is marvelous in term of everything. Nothing to complain about. Workplace is nice. Work life balance is excellent and management is taking good care of you.
Top energy company
Mechanical Statics Commissioning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miri11 June 2019
Good career path for each personnel, sufficient training for each new recruits, good salaries package, strong technical support from pears and work-life balance work environment.
Pros
Good career development, willing to spend to train personnel and work-life balance environment.
Cons
Heavily depending to Petronas policy
Impressive company to gain many different experience and a lot of strong leaders to learn from
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Selangor28 April 2019
i love the diversity and inclusiveness environment where the upper management are encourage to motivate under performing people to do better and a lot of training platform to improves lacking skills in the company
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not many positions available in the company anymore
Proactive job with great colleagues
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kulim, Kedah30 March 2019
A good place to gain experience.

Keep on learning and alert on safety issues.

Learn how to handle unexpected situation such as robbery, fire and so on.
Pros
Liaise with Shell Top Superior
Cons
Short break
Fun,Energetic & Family Bonding Team
IT Executive (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya22 March 2019
Very high class company and energetic,fun,family team and group. Understanding,hyperactive,energetic minded,problem solving and fun working enviroment
Pros
Free Lunches, Break Room, Gym
Productive and gym room
Business Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya28 February 2019
Basically work based on Emear and US shift. Received request via email and phone and entered the data on the sharepoint. I have learned to multitasks in term received a call and on the same time entered the data or checked the payment status via SAP and provide the answer. Most enjoyable, I can work out during meal time and go back to work. Really refreshing.
Pros
free lunch
Fun Workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jalan Pantai, Lutong11 February 2019
Standard working hours. Meeting new people every day. Can learn a lot of differences culture for every company whose coming for meeting appointment. For management, so far everything is going as planned and management also cares about their staffs doing. Even the workplace quiet far from home but they provide free parking without coupon needed for their staffs and lots of spaces. There is when working here and facing the hardest time when you need to faces a lot of people at the same time as you need to control your emotions to calm and keep smiling, how busy you are. I can describe the place kind of fun place to work with cause the staffs at the company got a warm environment with friendly colleagues.
Great Company to work
Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya, Malaysia8 February 2019
Shell is a great company to work, the environment, culture and people. I can say that if i will be given again an opportunity i will still stay work in Shell with my current role and team.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Contructor
Productive and great environment of working
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Changlun, Kedah, Malaysia6 January 2019
During the period of working, among the job scopes that i did were to maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mails and also, in utilizing office appliances such as photocopy, printers and computers for word processing. Apart from that, i also assisted in office management and organization procedures, monitoring stocks and others. Overall, i believe that my experience in working with Shell will benefit me a lot if i am about to be accepted in your company/organization.
Good place to start up
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya6 January 2019
great starter for those who just finished study. good platform to gain experience. healthy lifestyle and compete in a good way. flexible time and wonderful
Pros
good environment
Cons
contract staff always left behind
Best company to work with
(Application Support) (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya26 November 2018
Provide training and knowledge transfer.
Management is very supportive and always provide constructive feedback to employee.

Good facilities and benefits.
Great experience, Loved the people i worked with.
Experienced NetBackup and Storage engineer trained (Current Employee) –  Cyberjaya23 November 2018
Pros

- Good drive and access to latest technologies
- Challenging environment
- Global Reach

Cons

- Too much politics and tend to slow initiatives
- Hard to challenge leadership trends (decisions are made on the top, do not challenge)
- New technologies take too much time to deliver (massive organization)

Advice to Management

Look hard into options made, and pull out where needed. Top leadership require bold decisions, not trying to justify older decisions..
i like work at Shell because all staff and my boss very sporting person
cashier and staff forecourt (Current Employee) –  Batu Pahat19 November 2018
i like my job at shell because all staff very humble and good person..they are treat me like a sibling and i enjoy work with them..every year my salary up and im very happy because my boss understand with me and the staff with economy now up and down..
Pros
annual dinner every year
Cons
epf, socso and annual leave
Challenging workplace with many type of customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melaka29 October 2018
Based on my experience with this work the management are too strict. As a staffs we need a happy working environment by build a good relationship between the employers and employees.
Fun and outstanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pahang28 October 2018
I love work at Shell. It gave me a lot of experience and good time spending. Truly, it was a fantastic way to raise money and spend quality time. I’ve learned so much there.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Exhausted because have to stand all the time
Good Environment
Service Process Support (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 September 2018
1. Productive and fun workplace
2. On the job training for smooth operations.
3. Flexible working hours
4. Safety first is the most important subject
Fantastic organisation to be part of
Lead Operate Landscape Mgr, Upstream SOM (Former Employee) –  Malaysia16 September 2018
In my career, this has been the most rewarding exposure. Company honors talent development. Excellent compensation and benefits. Work culture embracing the international appeal. Stays abreast of work class best practices in processes and technology alike.
Pros
Honesty, Integrity and very open culture
Cons
Huge and complex.
There are good place to work on a team, responsibilities and to be honest in your work.
Forecourt (Former Employee) –  Terengganu9 September 2018
I work at there because i want to find my side income cause of my semester break for two month. So, i work at there. The organisation hired me to work at there cause it want to me a experience to work at the shell as forecourt worker to give the service to customer for who need the service include the old people or anyboies not good in well such as pregnant woman, unclever people to pick the nozzle oil. It is a good work for me. It give me more benefit.
Pros
Lunch is to break for eat.
Cons
Have the short break for eat and pray.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K