Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 171 reviews matching the search See all 38,231 reviews
A great place to gain new knowledge regarding F&B industry
Barista (Former Employee) –  Setia Alam, Selangor17 October 2019
Working hours are long, especially during shortage of manpower period or holiday season.

However, you can gain endless knowledge and get to mingle with new kinds of Caffein Ethusiac every day!
It was a great experience.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur8 October 2019
An usual day at work. Learn a lot of new F&B procedures and stuffs. A good management. Workplace is very friendly. The hardest part is to make the closing shift. Enjoyable thing in Starbucks is the friendly environment among the staffs.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Cannot take leave easily
All staff and manager happy working
Barista (Former Employee) –  Genting Highlands (G1)8 October 2019
Make sure have increment salary for all staff already long be a barista . Do some team building with another outlet to make all staff enjoyable with a work .
A typical day at work
Full Time Baristas (Former Employee) –  Ipoh1 October 2019
quite nice place to work but u need to adapt with the attitude of partners. The salary is not affordable for me because for the full time u only can get like RM1350 a month because i worked at the drive thru store that open until 1.30am and sometimes we finish work on 3am and need to come to work on 11am or 12pm but this place quite good to improve your communication skills towarf customers.
productive and fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru20 September 2019
good environtment . get to know new experience and learn more about coffee . improve my customer service skills . know how to communicate with different types of customers
Good culture, good environtment
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  One City / Bandar Puteri / Taylors Lakeside18 September 2019
I have a good manager and good working partners. Flexsible working time and get a lot of experiance in food and beverage work. Making new friends and team.
Working in a good enviroment and best management team
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala lumpur24 August 2019
Fun workplace
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Penang13 August 2019
*I learn how to be more productive & teamwork
*Working hour : rotate shift
*Be more patient to customer complain
*The hardest part as barista is I need to learn how to make coffee even I don't know how to do..
*I'm also fast learner.
Fun workplace
Part Time Barista (Former Employee) –  Putrajaya29 July 2019
The working time for a part time barista as student like me is very flexible. Teamwork and multitasking skills were developed. The store manager is very kind and so encourage to get more sale in daily business. The hardest part of the job when the peak time we need to become more faster to serve best quality to customer.
Productive and service experience
Barista (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Ipoh19 July 2019
Starbucks had give me high customers service experience in daily business. I had experiencing on being productive in my daily task and taking responsibility in each orders by the customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short break
fun workplace every days
barista (Former Employee) –  Sepang10 July 2019
I like, I hope I gate better workplace at Starbucks. all staff like a family. all staff make a teamwork and know scope job and tasks. only one problem team manager not professional to make solution
Fun workplace with a good culture
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur7 July 2019
Basically im joining because im a coffee person , a coffee drinker . Working there is
an advantage for me ! Like im own my personal coffee shop & share the goodness of coffee with everyone .
But its depend to the place you are working,because different people with different attitude will manage the store . If you are lucky & you will work with a bunch of good people , which will bring more exciting of working in this company . If it is not you know what to do . Its not company to be blame it is the people that are working there .
Pros
Employee beverage & meal
Cons
Medical, incentive
Enjoy Environment with Other Baristas
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Bandar Utama26 June 2019
Welcome Customers by Determining their Coffee Interest’s needs Provided Outstanding Customer Services Prepared & Presented Beverage according to Established Recipe Presentated SOP Standards based on Customer Requested
Pros
Free Meal & Staff Discount
Cons
Short Break
Good environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Selangor11 June 2019
Fun and good environment to work. sometimes, we need to stay back & cover other staff shift. good manager & supervisor as they give their staff opportunity to growth.
Pros
Free beverages & food
Cons
Health care, short break
Nice place to work, not to stay for long
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur8 June 2019
It really teaches you to serve with passion. Customers aren't always right, but they always come first. Best part is that you get to practice becoming a barista and learn how to make a decent cup of coffee. Some managers are terrible. Racial discrimination may be on the table if you're the minority.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Racial discrimination by certain managers
Fun Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Bukit Bintang19 May 2019
Starbucks is a great workplace where you can enhance your communication skills & confident. Besides, the work culture is great, in which everyone is treated equally regardless your job position.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
N/a
fun ,creative people management
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ipoh13 May 2019
working with different culture of people enhanced you with knowledge system and education . Understanding work place
SOP and why its so important to practice.a good place to build ourself
fun places to work with clean enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  setia alam18 April 2019
it feels great to work in starbucks..clean enviroment..im just miss em..being one of the management team is the best...and u can travel to the nearest store near your home..
Pros
free meal for staff
Cons
healthcare
Fun workplace, have a teamworks amd good management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Drivethru JalanAmpang18 April 2019
I learn about teamworks. The managent is good because they handle then employee very well. The culture at starbucks is heaven because the whole cafe smells coffee.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shorts breaks
fun workplace
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 April 2019
i love the working environment, i also can sharpen my skill instead of being barista and customers service that’s one for me also can calls as multi tasking task because you can making a coffee while handling customers.that was a good experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

515.2K