Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 162 reviews matching the search See all 36,148 reviews
Fun workplace
Part Time Barista (Former Employee) –  Putrajaya29 July 2019
The working time for a part time barista as student like me is very flexible. Teamwork and multitasking skills were developed. The store manager is very kind and so encourage to get more sale in daily business. The hardest part of the job when the peak time we need to become more faster to serve best quality to customer.
Productive and service experience
Barista (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Ipoh19 July 2019
Starbucks had give me high customers service experience in daily business. I had experiencing on being productive in my daily task and taking responsibility in each orders by the customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short break
fun workplace every days
barista (Former Employee) –  Sepang10 July 2019
I like, I hope I gate better workplace at Starbucks. all staff like a family. all staff make a teamwork and know scope job and tasks. only one problem team manager not professional to make solution
Fun workplace with a good culture
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur7 July 2019
Basically im joining because im a coffee person , a coffee drinker . Working there is
an advantage for me ! Like im own my personal coffee shop & share the goodness of coffee with everyone .
But its depend to the place you are working,because different people with different attitude will manage the store . If you are lucky & you will work with a bunch of good people , which will bring more exciting of working in this company . If it is not you know what to do . Its not company to be blame it is the people that are working there .
Pros
Employee beverage & meal
Cons
Medical, incentive
Enjoy Environment with Other Baristas
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Bandar Utama26 June 2019
Welcome Customers by Determining their Coffee Interest’s needs Provided Outstanding Customer Services Prepared & Presented Beverage according to Established Recipe Presentated SOP Standards based on Customer Requested
Pros
Free Meal & Staff Discount
Cons
Short Break
Good environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Selangor11 June 2019
Fun and good environment to work. sometimes, we need to stay back & cover other staff shift. good manager & supervisor as they give their staff opportunity to growth.
Pros
Free beverages & food
Cons
Health care, short break
Nice place to work, not to stay for long
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur8 June 2019
It really teaches you to serve with passion. Customers aren't always right, but they always come first. Best part is that you get to practice becoming a barista and learn how to make a decent cup of coffee. Some managers are terrible. Racial discrimination may be on the table if you're the minority.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Racial discrimination by certain managers
Fun Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Bukit Bintang19 May 2019
Starbucks is a great workplace where you can enhance your communication skills & confident. Besides, the work culture is great, in which everyone is treated equally regardless your job position.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
N/a
fun ,creative people management
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ipoh13 May 2019
working with different culture of people enhanced you with knowledge system and education . Understanding work place
SOP and why its so important to practice.a good place to build ourself
fun places to work with clean enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  setia alam18 April 2019
it feels great to work in starbucks..clean enviroment..im just miss em..being one of the management team is the best...and u can travel to the nearest store near your home..
Pros
free meal for staff
Cons
healthcare
Fun workplace, have a teamworks amd good management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Drivethru JalanAmpang18 April 2019
I learn about teamworks. The managent is good because they handle then employee very well. The culture at starbucks is heaven because the whole cafe smells coffee.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shorts breaks
Barista (Former Employee) –  Shah Alam9 April 2019
I worked in Starbucks as a part time barista during my diploma studies. I served the coffee and on behalf as a cashier. Job tasks is to promote the Starbucks product and achieve the target on sale.
The best place to work
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur9 April 2019
. Fun work place
. Career growth opportunity
. Friendly co worker
. You are not get bored with your daily tasks
. Customers are very pleasing
. Organized company with proper SOPs
Pros
Well organized company
Cons
Competitions are high
Looking for new experience and environment.
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Penang Island7 April 2019
My name Maheran, I am very friendly, be consider, calm and hard working. Starbucks teach me how to manage people, paper works learns a bout customers body language. Starbucks mission is to be customers third places ,when they tired at work or house. But,when goes to complaints, a lot customers like to complaints a bout services ,food and beverages.
Pros
Making good decitions
Cons
Short break, healt care
Very fun and enjoyable
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 April 2019
Working is very interesting and fun, you enjoy most of the time, doing the labor with casual environments which cause you not to feel exhausted at times.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Less opportunity for raise
interesting and enjoyable working experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  George Town24 March 2019
I am a barista at Starbucks Coffee for 1 year and 2 month. It is a new exciting experience for me. I am able to meet new people everyday with different kind of characteristic. I t help me to become matured and able to understand different type of people. This position also helps me to become more independent as I need to serve the customer also become more responsibility on my duties. Barista also helps me to challenge myself and come out from my surrounding environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Productive and fun working environment
sales, and profitability of outlet (Former Employee) –  Mont Kiara15 March 2019
It is a good place to work. Great culture. Fun working environment. And average salary. Overall it’s a great place and fun to work with. Can balance the lifestyle and work.
Fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ampang4 March 2019
Working as a barista was fun but the working hours is very tiring to me. Overall a good experience for those who would like to be a part of the F&B industry.
Good experience for a starter to expose them self into public
Barista (Former Employee) –  Miri26 February 2019
Starbucks provide started pack for youngster to expose themself into the real life of working enviroment,where u connect with random people,cleaning dishes, learn how to handle fuzzy customer, teamwork with your team, be more knowledgeable about your company products, sharing knowledge, telorate with the others, welcoming, hitting sales target, customer services, positive KPI, analysis the problem and find the solution, be a coffee master, train new comer,
Pros
Free beverage
Cons
Schedule by shift
A friendly working environment
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya26 February 2019
Management team really understanding and flexible working hours as I am still a student. The enjoyable part are when you already master all the SOP of making drinks and feeling proud from it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

514.4K