Starbucks Management reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 33,322 reviews
A friendly working environment
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Petaling Jaya26 February 2019
Management team really understanding and flexible working hours as I am still a student. The enjoyable part are when you already master all the SOP of making drinks and feeling proud from it.
Good place to grow your carrier
Barista (Former Employee) –  shah alam, malaysia11 February 2019
It is not only teaches you how to make beverages but it also teaches the management of a multi-national company on a daily basis. The culture is also very good as all the employees there are following the SOP and somehow taught me to be a discipline person.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
tiring
Fun wirk place like no2 sweet home
Shift Manager/Store Retail Management (Former Employee) –  Sunway pyramid24 October 2018
Starbucks coffee is busy place,everyday we do the same thing about operation and business hours.I learned more about life and love.We never treat customers as customer but we make family life here in starbucks.Management in starbucks so friendly,easier to talk and communications between us also very helpfull.we have good teamgroup in every shifts,teamwork and be passion i must and also the best part we will sing birthday song to customers when thier birthday on month.Its good to have starbucks card for each customer to enjoy our benefit and more.To handle dissatified customer its must,only give respond,positive communication to get back customer mood and they will happy with genuine service.We are love to work at starbucks because all peoples and teamgroup always appreaciate what we do,make everything to be positive environment to make sure we are 1 teams, 1 family, 1live.And i hope i will rejoined back to get back my happy day in thdt working place.Thanks
Pros
Staffmeal provide
Cons
Everthing perfect
Powerful management and highly services
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Ampang Selangor11 October 2018
Management team was very understanding to each other. I had learned a lot about how to manage team on archieve targetting sales market and handling the baristas to keep our branch always make customer highly satisfaction during walk away from our store.
Pros
Complimentary two drinks and 1 meals
my first job experiences
Barista (Former Employee) –  cyberjaya4 September 2018
- friendly environment
- starbucks management
- hardest part is handling with stock received and ensure the stock is in a good hand
- making people smile
Great place, great environment but management is a little shaky
Full-Time Barista (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru2 September 2018
Enjoyed working there, made a lot of friends both among partners and customers alike but the management of the branch i worked at was a little messy The supervisors were great but the manager himself is a little lacking in a sense where he/she was not punctul and when they are on shift they don't pull their weight and at times sleeps on the job.
Pros
free drinks?
Cons
the staff meal is not enough for an 8 hour shift as you are only given 1 pastry.
Fun Work Place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 August 2018
-Enjoying working with team.
-Coffee knowledge training provided.
-Learned about how to interactive with customer and understand about customer need.
-Well management.
Pros
Free Lunch & Drinks
Fun workplace with best management and team member
Barista (Former Employee) –  Batu Ferringhi, Penang31 July 2018
I've learned a lot of things regarding beverage especially coffee in Starbucks. Training about coffee and everything are mandatory so that we can provide the best beverage to customer. The most enjoyable part of the job when we are able to try new things, new recipe. The management from Berjaya Starbucks Coffee Company will held a competition for barista to create and bring out the new recipe. Thats the most precious moment in Starbucks
Pros
Free beverage and meal
Cons
No allowance
Fun place to work at
Barista (Former Employee) –  Malaysia28 June 2018
It was a fun place to work with. I like the culture. The ideology, the vision. Free meals. The pay was reasonably good. The management team was okay. Though they seem young in experience.
Pros
Good healthcare, Free lunch
Cons
The management teams are a little young in experience
Good working environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 June 2018
the working time is flexible and balance within other staff. Learn to make a great taste of coffee. the management also good with good environment while working. the hardest job is to memorize the recipe of coffee and the enjoyable moment when the job is covering all area from open store until close the store
It was fun in the beginning...
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cyberjaya24 May 2018
It was fun in the beginning but then they stresses you out with sales and making sure customers are always right. But customers are NOT always right, THEY ARE TREATED RIGHT. Not always have to listen and follow what customers are blindly complaining.
Pros
1 meal, 2 tall drinks.
Cons
Environments, management
Great environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala lumpur23 May 2018
Diversity of culture which required better communication and understanding; the restaurant can sometimes be overloaded so you have to equip yourself physically and mentality READY
Fun place to work with
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuching sarawak25 April 2018
Management needs to improve on time management because the reason i lose this job is because of receiving notice from the company on a date that i am already terminated.
Pros
Free food provided
productive and fun place
barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 April 2018
working for 8hour per day in 6days per week learn me how to be a good barista. workplace also fun and in a good management. but every workplace has hard part which is we need to reach target but its fun cause we studies how to finding customer in other way not only selling or beverage.
fun work place
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru30 March 2018
Pros
free meal
Cons
healthcare
Best place to learn something new
Barista (Current Employee) –  Putrajaya29 March 2018
I like to work here because the enviroment with customer and also with management team . Easy learn something new with them . Do something extraodinary with challenging enviroment .
Pros
Free beverages and meals
Cons
Cant do overtime hours
Enjoy working place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur19 February 2018
Enjoy working, short working period, meal provided, healthy panel provided

Difficult to get OT, dont know how they count salary, management team problem (sometimes)
Pros
Meal allowance
Cons
Short break time
Well organized company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kajang2 January 2018
The culture enhances my carrier opportunity to grow. I have grown my Management skill and Customer services skills in this company.
Im looking forward to grow my career in other industries
Manager is racist
Barista (Former Employee) –  George Town10 November 2017
It's was awful, working with different cultures, manager was horrible.
Taking different orders, making different drinks,
Afterward it was desperate working with staff that don't speak good English with lazy symptoms.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break for cigarettes
productive and fun working
Barista (Former Employee) –  malaysia15 September 2017
work at Starbucks really tired but supper fun with the environment. i learn to many things such as the recipe and i also learn how to speak with the beloved customer . the management was very organized and facilitate . the hardest part is when i must achieve our target every day but the best part is i enjoy with the friendly customer , and the best partner and manager .
Pros
30% for partner
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

513.3K