TechnipFMC Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 1,789 reviews
Package Expeditor
PROCUREMENT EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 December 2019
- working is challenging.
- ensured expediting are proper updates accordingly.
-ensured project must meet goal without any LTA occur ed.
- Team work with others discipline.
- ensure mitigation plan in placed .
Excellent Multi National Company & Culture. My role is as a Confidential Secretary to CFO Asia Pacific.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  HQ Kuala Lumpur21 November 2019
The organisation offers free class for French Language. Flexy working hours is a big plus.
Happily working there, sadly I have to leave the company due to irresistible offers & Was buy-out by a banking / financial organisation
productive and environmentally friendly
Senior Electrical Modeller (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur10 October 2019
a work environment that is culturally and culturally diverse. Can learn teamwork and work management. An excellent part of the job management requirements. The most challenging task is to improve and complete the workload that is outstanding by the other team. Last but not least is being able to get the job done and get a good reward.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare and short break
Management styles of the units are very much depended on the manager assigned to lead the units.
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 August 2019
In overall, working in Technip is quite interesting, however, one will experience shocking mangement style change once the unit you are working under undergoing a leader change. Worse is you have an expatriate leader who does not under Malaysian culture and start imposing his value onto its subordinates who are mainly malaysian. A good and understanding leader will always motivates the staff to work hard with creativity contributing to the unit's success. A bad leader on the opposite will demotivate the staff and creating emotional tension working against success.
Pros
Flexibility, muticultural and diversity. Recent salary and health benefit.
Cons
Management of some units that a people eccentric.
Good, but need a lot of improvement in terms of management.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 August 2019
TechnipFMC is a good company to work for. However, the management should treat the employee fairly and not being biased.
Opportunity to go overseas should be given fairly to all employees and not only favourite staff.
Pros
A lot of benefit, flexible working environment
Cons
Competition is very high. Only certain people get opportunity to go overseas, work in interesting project
good
Senior Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia15 May 2019
good company to work for. I enjoyed working here and it was my longest span in any company. There has been some turmoil off-late due to merger between Technip & FMC Technologies but that has not much altered the working style at engineering level
Technip
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 March 2019
I started to work with Technip as a Proposal Secretary and during my first 4 years, I learnt about Engineering Services proposal coordination works, basic costing and was the focal point for Client & discipline for any proposal related matters. In 2012, I had a change of position and became a Secretary to Chief Operating Officer, Onshore Offshore Asia Pacific. It was a total new experience to me with the daily management of calendar, meetings arrangement, corporate profiles, tight business datelines and slides presentation for any upcoming Corporate meetings.
Both my experiences in Technip have made me understand how a Company operates and it makes me realize that every single contribution be it a small or big one, would give an impact to an organization.
The challenge i faced during my time in Technip was the short and tight dateline be it in a Proposal section or the COO's office and everything was going ahead in a very fast manner.
Pros
Flexibility
Really good team work introduce
Internship Bachelor Level (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 February 2019
What I learnt during my 6 months of internship, my team which consist several senior engineer really generous on giving information to me in any engineering services provided. This company also has a really good connection between higher level engineer (Principal Engineer) and my team as they keep changing any new idea and strategy to achieve goals.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Facilities (Parking for Employees)
Productive and fun place with billard table.
Logistics Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 February 2019
Work was enjoyable as the atmosphere created was family. There was always updates on the IT for the latest issues. Management was very open and opportunities were given to improve oneself.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks.
Excitement, fun great exposure
Human Resource Business Partner, Support (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur25 September 2018
1. Workplace are good and the Company applied for flexible working hours.
2. Medical benefits are superb and dependents are also within coverage.
3. During the critical / stressful time, the colleague are working together and works as a team in order to achieve the target.
4. Be part / involved in department Team Building.
5. Been Expose / learn to a new thing as education of daily basis job needed.
Great working environment, fun and challenging project
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur18 June 2018
During my employment with Technip is a great opportunity for me specially that I am working with a very challenging project as a Senior Electrical Designer. The working environment is very comfortable although my employment is only on a contractual basis while working with a multinational project team. I was able to share my experience which is applicable to the project and able to gain additional knowledge since it's my first time to work on a Floating LNG FPSO vessel.
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Contractual basis
one of the biggest key player in world's energy industry company that believe their people are the key of the company succesful.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 April 2018
this company inculcate self dependent environment work culture whereby all staff should used their strong potential in order to complete the task given, quality and safety is the upmost matter consent and the management had open mind as long it within company policies .
Pros
have the opportunity to work in order country as it has worldwide branches
Cons
less work life balance
Great starting point for Graduate Engineers
Mechanical Package Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 February 2018
The company had been established for a long time in Malaysia hence they have a pool of great Senior Engineers that are very helpful and willing to help the juniors. However you'll have a very small room or none at all for career advancement.
Pros
Flexible working hour
Cons
Career advancement
No comments
Project quality manager (Former Employee) –  KL28 December 2017
Due to low oil price, the company was unable to secure new projects. There have been many rounds of MSS (mandatory separation scheme). Many staff had been laid off due to redundancy. Lack of sense of belonging and job security.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of job security
Very organised Company.
Procurement QA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia25 December 2017
Very organized company with clear vision and I have enjoyed working with Technip. Schedule driven Organization It will be best place to work if they improve work life Balance.
Cons
Long working hours
Work environment
Project QA/QC Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur20 December 2017
Transparent & Open Communication
In essence, a transparent and open form of communication addresses the employee’s need to feel that what they have to say has value. It is what makes employees feel that they belong in the organization. Work then becomes meaningful because the employees know that what they contribute affects the organization that they are affiliated with.
Pros
Recognition for Hard Work Rewards are necessary to encourage certain behaviors in persons.
Cons
Work-Life Balance There has to be some sort of balance between work and personal life.
International Company
Cost Control Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur13 December 2017
Big organisation with specific Jobs specification and additional works for oil and gas projects. Economy situation the company have to stream down staff strength.
Pros
Higher salary and bonus
Cons
Office politic
Job Work/Life Balance Company
Graduate Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur29 November 2017
Overall, Technip has been the best place I’ve worked. While probably not ideal for everyone, working in flexible hours has been the best for me. I’m more productive when in an office, time otherwise spent commuting is added back to my day, I have more flexibility in my schedule, etc. It’s mutually beneficial to employee and employer on several levels. I miss (some of) the personal interactions with coworkers you would get in an office, but the pros outweigh the cons here.
Pros
time management, can stay a bit far from office.
Fun Workplace Flexible, Friendly environment
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia17 November 2017
Flexible, Friendly environment, work as a team and helpful. The benefis also good for the whole family such as medical coverage. Everyone entitle for contractual bonus especiall for permament position they give another bonus which depending how much the profits
Pros
Flexible, Friendly office mate, working with project environment
Cons
Short brake
enjoy for assignment for 3 projects
Project HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur2 November 2017
Interested having experience with Technip and still interested able to join in other projects or other countries. good cooperative team in project execution.