TechnipFMC Employee Review

Technip
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 March 2019
I started to work with Technip as a Proposal Secretary and during my first 4 years, I learnt about Engineering Services proposal coordination works, basic costing and was the focal point for Client & discipline for any proposal related matters. In 2012, I had a change of position and became a Secretary to Chief Operating Officer, Onshore Offshore Asia Pacific. It was a total new experience to me with the daily management of calendar, meetings arrangement, corporate profiles, tight business datelines and slides presentation for any upcoming Corporate meetings.
Both my experiences in Technip have made me understand how a Company operates and it makes me realize that every single contribution be it a small or big one, would give an impact to an organization.
The challenge i faced during my time in Technip was the short and tight dateline be it in a Proposal section or the COO's office and everything was going ahead in a very fast manner.
Pros
Flexibility

Other TechnipFMC Employee Reviews

Supportive and welcoming
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru25 August 2019
The work environment runs at an average pace. There is adequate support for growth for interns and the type of opportunities provided are well rounded. Everyone minds their own business and focuses on their tasks. Interns receive their independent projects with a direct supervisor to guide you. One thing to note is that that there was no communication issues even as an international interns with any employee of the company.
Management styles of the units are very much depended on the manager assigned to lead the units.
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur24 August 2019
In overall, working in Technip is quite interesting, however, one will experience shocking mangement style change once the unit you are working under undergoing a leader change. Worse is you have an expatriate leader who does not under Malaysian culture and start imposing his value onto its subordinates who are mainly malaysian. A good and understanding leader will always motivates the staff to work hard with creativity contributing to the unit's success. A bad leader on the opposite will demotivate the staff and creating emotional tension working against success.
Pros
Flexibility, muticultural and diversity. Recent salary and health benefit.
Cons
Management of some units that a people eccentric.