Top Glove Management reviews

Good job for fresh grad only
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Klang19 February 2019
Good job for fresh grads but not recommended to stay long and not much incentive to retain talents. Top Glove is a group of factories so environment will be different depending on which factory assigned to.
Pros
Good starting career for fresh grad that can handle the culture
Cons
Bad culture and bad management
Productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Klang4 September 2018
I had learnt many relating to engineering applications in Top glove. It a good place for industrial attachment. The work culture is good which allows everyone to work more efficiently under little pressure.
Pros
good management
Cons
hot working environment
Good place to start your career for fresh graduates
Engineer, R&D Centre (Current Employee) –  Klang3 March 2018
Good place to start your career as you're given the chance to learn and a lots of hands on tasks. However, this is a very traditional China man company. There's a lots of rules and always need to please management. There's no work life balance over here and bosses over here are very prefer you to work for very long times and most of the time OT without OT claims. For the chance to attend grand dinner, external training and exhibitions at overseas, only those with positions are allowed to attend.
Pros
travel allowance, hostel accomodation
Cons
long working hours, blindly follow instruction, less automation
TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Malaysia1 February 2018
The working hour is until Saturday so total up is 6 days per week alternately.
I learned many things on research and testing. .Management is a bit slack when there are paying the salary and key in the attendance for the worker. The culture is fun and we get dinner and birthday celebration every month. It increasing the bond we made. The games also fun. The hardest is when we display the result and it's kinda bit frustrating when we have to redo the long research again. Anyway, we get to learn about keeping calm and manage the knowledge we had all these years.
Pros
Good work, Salary, Fun and good time management
Cons
No safety insurance and lack of appreciation
great place to start your career.
Production trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru18 January 2018
A place where work culture is applied. Always aim for better future. Provide good working environment. Punctuality is a must. Management is great. The best about the job is you getting free access to the gym as Top Glove really concerns on its staff healthcare.
A good place for fresh graduate to start your career
Engineer, R&D Centre (Current Employee) –  Setia Alam1 January 2018
It's good for fresh graduate to join this company as the starting salary is not bad. However, don't think about work life balance over here as management judge your work performance based on how long you stay in company and you must be 24 hours on call especially for production. Top Glove is like a kingdom, all decisions will be depended on chairman even though there's memo or guideline to follow. All we do over here is to please the our beloved chairman even though we know that the things are not going to work. Other than that, there's too many rules to follow and some of them are really a waste of time (the procedures can cut short) which seriously reduce work efficiency. Anyway, glove industry is growing, so it's not harm to join this company.
fast growing company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  selangor28 December 2017
very fast growing company. can go up rank very quickly but employee turnover rate is very high. working environment is quite hazardous and dangerous because of the chemicals and fumes.
Pros
fruits given every week
Cons
dangerous environment to work
A good training centre
Executive (Current Employee) –  Shah Alam18 November 2017
As marketing executive, we do nothing about marketing but our daily work is the same sales executive.

Basically, managers do the same job as executives but some of them need to be a Head of Team but some of them just act like managers without extra responsibility. Even the executives are more busier than some of the managers.

I have direct access to the management when it comes to price negotiation which is an advantage for me as the management notices me.

Medical benefit for the staff is only RM300 but will increase to RM400 once you have worked more than 5 years which is peanuts compare to other big companies.

Hospitalization benefits are only RM20K/year for exec level.

Every year, company will organize company outing trip to 4-5 stars hotel in Malaysia. Every month, birthday lunch will provided (the quality of the food is bad)
Pros
Free gym, free lunch every month, transport allowance, Esos, free blood test, company outing
Cons
Medical benefit, too many meetings, spotcheck every 2 months, training letters, no flexibility, too many paperworks and reports
Human Resource Executive (Current Employee) –  Klang12 November 2017
Management seem like not support HR Department and even HR Heads only know how to push employees instead represent employees to feedback. Good for fresh graduate but not suitable for senior.
great platform to learned new knowledge
trainee, Shipping/ Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Klang18 June 2017
I have worked at TOP GLOVE under Shipping/ Purchasing department. As a trainee i learned a lot about Shipping such as send out BC, key in data i SAP, arrange haulier and agents for orders. Moreover i also learned how to issue PO, amend supplier, check artwork under purchasing department. in my opinion, the management is very substantial and the workplace culture is more to minimize the mistakes. I found that, amend supplier is quite hardest job under purchasing department.
Pros
birthday lunch
Cons
unnecessary meeting
Good exposure in glove manufacturing line
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lukut, Negeri Sembilan13 June 2017
Overall is a good company for industrial training.
Every staff has to follow the direction of the CEO is the culture of the company.
I have learned from the production until shipment of the products through my internship.
Great Place to Learn
Boiler and Plant Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Meru29 May 2017
A great place to learn all the manufacturing process on the glove making. Great exposures on maintenance, cleanliness, managing local and foreigner. Able to interact directly to top and senior management.
A very good pedestal to learn and gain new knowledege, ideas always get taken into consideration
Intern (Former Employee) –  Meru20 May 2017
Starts off with meeting among production department. Learned on the process of glove manufacturing and development of the product. Management expects to perform 100% and give full commitment. Hardest part is the heat of the manufacturing process and pressure to keep production running without quality issues. Most enjoyable part is the benefits given for employees at the Top Glove Tower.
Pros
Free lunches, Allowances, Rewards
Cons
Work Stress
productive and comfortable place
Assistant, production (clerk) (Former Employee) –  Perak5 April 2017
working 6 days per week.Learned to handle workers, learned chemical to make a healthy glove. Management so good, many benefits to staff and workers. Workplace very cheerfull. hardest part of jon is need to speak with international worker as bangladesh and nepal. Enjoyable part of job is when we are celebrating staff and workers birthday, and respect each others culture
Pros
many benefits
Cons
healthcare
Production Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru12 March 2017
Big company with great colleages and management. During internship, a lot of knowledge have been gained with superior help and guidance. Great platform for carrier development.
Enjoyable place to work
Human Resource Executive (Former Employee) –  Selangor26 January 2017
I have been work at Top Glove as an Internship candidate. I have been treat very nicely and given more opportunities to learn about human resources.
Pros
Worker benefits
Cons
Working culture
Productive and very noticeable ceo
Enggineering Officer (Former Employee) –  Klang28 December 2016
The CEO bring this company to bright future with his wide experience and strength affraid to losses. The management itself was energatic and the task up to date in week. Enhance their staff to think out of boxes. And willing to spend money for any ideas of improvement project.
Pros
A lot of skill enhancements
Cons
Brain torture
Productive and challengers experience
In-Process Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Meru, Klang15 December 2016
I had learn the manufacturing process with a lot of internal and external audit experiences.
My co-workers are very helpful and have a great teamwork in accomplishing every task allocation.
I build up my leadership and management skill from here by manage a number of >20 subordinates (foreign workers).
Pros
Overtime claims, monthly petrol allowance, morning & afternoon breaks
Cons
Half day working on saturday
A platform to learn more about the production as well as on the demand of continuous improvement
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Klang19 September 2016
Challenging tasks with great exposure for the staffs to indulge in company improvement projects, where it indirectly build up our professionalism in the workplace. A balanced management who focused more on the standard practice of the culture being set which can be stressful at times.
Pros
Adequate skills enhancement trainings, and healthcare benefits
Cons
Communication barrier between top management and subordinates
Challenging and Enjoyable Work Place
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Klang1 March 2016
From Top Glove, staffs are able to learn how to management people, the management's skill, including project management and resources management.

Presentation skills is another skills that will be greatly improved as the engineers are required to present the own project and daily routine jobs (KPIs) biweekly (for certain factory, different factories different style).

The hardest part is to be multitasking, as to be an engineer, need to perform problem solving and paperwork including typing reports. Previous handled 3 factories, due to the special department, when there are problem from 3 factories at the same time, that is the time to train myself to be more tough.

The most enjoyable part, is to communicate with deprt. officer and workers. Once have known all of the people' capability, it is easy to arrange the resources and fully utilized them. In addition, the experienced officer would provide suggestion and ideas when the engineers dealing with the problems.
Pros
Subsidiary accommodation
Cons
Long Hours