Top Glove Management reviews

A good training centre
Executive (Current Employee) –  Shah Alam18 November 2017
As marketing executive, we do nothing about marketing but our daily work is the same sales executive.

Basically, managers do the same job as executives but some of them need to be a Head of Team but some of them just act like managers without extra responsibility. Even the executives are more busier than some of the managers.

I have direct access to the management when it comes to price negotiation which is an advantage for me as the management notices me.

Medical benefit for the staff is only RM300 but will increase to RM400 once you have worked more than 5 years which is peanuts compare to other big companies.

Hospitalization benefits are only RM20K/year for exec level.

Every year, company will organize company outing trip to 4-5 stars hotel in Malaysia. Every month, birthday lunch will provided (the quality of the food is bad)
Pros
Free gym, free lunch every month, transport allowance, Esos, free blood test, company outing
Cons
Medical benefit, too many meetings, spotcheck every 2 months, training letters, no flexibility, too many paperworks and reports
Human Resource Executive (Current Employee) –  Klang12 November 2017
Management seem like not support HR Department and even HR Heads only know how to push employees instead represent employees to feedback. Good for fresh graduate but not suitable for senior.
great platform to learned new knowledge
trainee, Shipping/ Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Klang18 June 2017
I have worked at TOP GLOVE under Shipping/ Purchasing department. As a trainee i learned a lot about Shipping such as send out BC, key in data i SAP, arrange haulier and agents for orders. Moreover i also learned how to issue PO, amend supplier, check artwork under purchasing department. in my opinion, the management is very substantial and the workplace culture is more to minimize the mistakes. I found that, amend supplier is quite hardest job under purchasing department.
Pros
birthday lunch
Cons
unnecessary meeting
Good exposure in glove manufacturing line
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lukut, Negeri Sembilan13 June 2017
Overall is a good company for industrial training.
Every staff has to follow the direction of the CEO is the culture of the company.
I have learned from the production until shipment of the products through my internship.
Great Place to Learn
Boiler and Plant Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Meru29 May 2017
A great place to learn all the manufacturing process on the glove making. Great exposures on maintenance, cleanliness, managing local and foreigner. Able to interact directly to top and senior management.
A very good pedestal to learn and gain new knowledege, ideas always get taken into consideration
Intern (Former Employee) –  Meru20 May 2017
Starts off with meeting among production department. Learned on the process of glove manufacturing and development of the product. Management expects to perform 100% and give full commitment. Hardest part is the heat of the manufacturing process and pressure to keep production running without quality issues. Most enjoyable part is the benefits given for employees at the Top Glove Tower.
Pros
Free lunches, Allowances, Rewards
Cons
Work Stress
productive and comfortable place
Assistant, production (clerk) (Former Employee) –  Perak5 April 2017
working 6 days per week.Learned to handle workers, learned chemical to make a healthy glove. Management so good, many benefits to staff and workers. Workplace very cheerfull. hardest part of jon is need to speak with international worker as bangladesh and nepal. Enjoyable part of job is when we are celebrating staff and workers birthday, and respect each others culture
Pros
many benefits
Cons
healthcare
Production Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru12 March 2017
Big company with great colleages and management. During internship, a lot of knowledge have been gained with superior help and guidance. Great platform for carrier development.
Productive and very noticeable ceo
Enggineering Officer (Former Employee) –  Klang28 December 2016
The CEO bring this company to bright future with his wide experience and strength affraid to losses. The management itself was energatic and the task up to date in week. Enhance their staff to think out of boxes. And willing to spend money for any ideas of improvement project.
Pros
A lot of skill enhancements
Cons
Brain torture
Productive and challengers experience
In-Process Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Meru, Klang15 December 2016
I had learn the manufacturing process with a lot of internal and external audit experiences.
My co-workers are very helpful and have a great teamwork in accomplishing every task allocation.
I build up my leadership and management skill from here by manage a number of >20 subordinates (foreign workers).
Pros
Overtime claims, monthly petrol allowance, morning & afternoon breaks
Cons
Half day working on saturday
A platform to learn more about the production as well as on the demand of continuous improvement
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Klang19 September 2016
Challenging tasks with great exposure for the staffs to indulge in company improvement projects, where it indirectly build up our professionalism in the workplace. A balanced management who focused more on the standard practice of the culture being set which can be stressful at times.
Pros
Adequate skills enhancement trainings, and healthcare benefits
Cons
Communication barrier between top management and subordinates
Challenging and Enjoyable Work Place
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Klang1 March 2016
From Top Glove, staffs are able to learn how to management people, the management's skill, including project management and resources management.

Presentation skills is another skills that will be greatly improved as the engineers are required to present the own project and daily routine jobs (KPIs) biweekly (for certain factory, different factories different style).

The hardest part is to be multitasking, as to be an engineer, need to perform problem solving and paperwork including typing reports. Previous handled 3 factories, due to the special department, when there are problem from 3 factories at the same time, that is the time to train myself to be more tough.

The most enjoyable part, is to communicate with deprt. officer and workers. Once have known all of the people' capability, it is easy to arrange the resources and fully utilized them. In addition, the experienced officer would provide suggestion and ideas when the engineers dealing with the problems.
Pros
Subsidiary accommodation
Cons
Long Hours
Good working environment in project team
Project Engineer (Industrial Training) (Former Employee) –  Klang, M1016 October 2015
Very supportive management
-gained a lot of project management skill & experiences
-good working benefits
-always encourage their staffs be healthy
Production Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kuala Langat, M1017 June 2015
A typical day at work: Key in data

What I learned: New system (SAP)

Management: Satisfy

Co-workers: Good & Teamwork

The hardest part of the job: When I start learning new thing which I don't know anything

The most enjoyable part of the job: When I understand new thing which I don't know from zero
Pros
Free birthday lunch box
Cons
Poor canteen service