Top Glove Employee Reviews

Structured company
In-Process Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur12 June 2018
This is a company with long standing good reputation and cares for their employees. Colleagues here are friendly and work well to help to solve the problem.
Pros
Good stable company
Cons
Too structured
good to gain experience
industrial trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru, klang1 May 2018
Have to work diligently and good in BMI. Must frequently have met and got a good result. No excuses. Have a very strong educational background to enter. Survival life in order to succeed in your project.
fun work place
QA, OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Klang13 April 2018
I in charge for weighing incoming raw materials like chemical and scraps. I have learned that we need to be honest in everything we do and be alert. environment in my workplace was fun because my colleague are helpful. This company always have fun and enjoyable event every month
Pros
birthday lunch every month
Cons
transportation
Multinational company with traditional Management Culture
R&D Researcher (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Meru, Klang21 March 2018
Everything must be fast.
Normally the project duration is about 3 months. Therefore, there are alot of restriction while convert the new development project into actual production.
Conducted Merit and Demerit Point system
Training Letter and Reminder Letter is a norm in the company.
Every 3 months are required to measure your BMI. If overweight or underweight, they will deduct your bonus based on percentage.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
Training letter, every month need to try your best to prevent company deduct your salary.
Working with varieties of race
Trainee Shipping/PM Purchasing (Internship) (Former Employee) –  SETIA ALAM SELANGOR8 March 2018
Working environment is suitable and job scope has been train for the new worker. Included program to train the trainees and new workers.Working hours depends on the department.
Benefits
Cons
Work Loads
Good place to start your career for fresh graduates
Engineer, R&D Centre (Current Employee) –  Klang3 March 2018
Good place to start your career as you're given the chance to learn and a lots of hands on tasks. However, this is a very traditional China man company. There's a lots of rules and always need to please management. There's no work life balance over here and bosses over here are very prefer you to work for very long times and most of the time OT without OT claims. For the chance to attend grand dinner, external training and exhibitions at overseas, only those with positions are allowed to attend.
Pros
travel allowance, hostel accomodation
Cons
long working hours, blindly follow instruction, less automation
productive
Trainee/ Officer (Former Employee) –  Klang23 February 2018
a very good company for those who willing to learn everything from start to the end of process.
having a good leader and superior to guide a new staff to understand more job scope and responsibility.
Old school management but great learning curve for fresh grads
Production Chemist (Current Employee) –  Klang18 February 2018
I've learned to be more decisive and firm, TG also encourage freedom of speech that is lack in other company. Overall it's a great stepping stone for youngsters but not for long term career.
Pros
Learn a lot as no specific job scope
Cons
Imbalance work life
TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Malaysia1 February 2018
The working hour is until Saturday so total up is 6 days per week alternately.
I learned many things on research and testing. .Management is a bit slack when there are paying the salary and key in the attendance for the worker. The culture is fun and we get dinner and birthday celebration every month. It increasing the bond we made. The games also fun. The hardest is when we display the result and it's kinda bit frustrating when we have to redo the long research again. Anyway, we get to learn about keeping calm and manage the knowledge we had all these years.
Pros
Good work, Salary, Fun and good time management
Cons
No safety insurance and lack of appreciation
Production Officer (Current Employee) –  Selangor1 February 2018
It is quite hectic in the production lines. I learned how to survive in a big company. The experience and the culture are very much different from what I had before. From my point of view, I can cover other departments' roles just being as a production staff.
great place to start your career.
Production trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru18 January 2018
A place where work culture is applied. Always aim for better future. Provide good working environment. Punctuality is a must. Management is great. The best about the job is you getting free access to the gym as Top Glove really concerns on its staff healthcare.
Best work place to learn and gain experience
Former Executive (Current Employee) –  Klang11 January 2018
5 working days and weekly alternate working on Saturday. Good company for fresh grads student to gain experience. Also high paid salary for fresh grads.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
expose to danger chemical
Productive workplace and discipline environment
Warehouse/Logistic Trainee (Former Employee) –  Klang10 January 2018
Basically, I learned a lot while doing internship at Top Glove. I become more independent there because the workplace taught me that I need to be more confident and do all tasks by myself without dependent on anyone.

Besides, the environment really productive and everyone need to walk around production everyday at least 20 minutes per day to create more new idea how to improve production of company instead of just sit at the office.

Thank you.
Pros
Birthday Lunch treat every month, free gym
Cons
healthcare
A good place for fresh graduate to start your career
Engineer, R&D Centre (Current Employee) –  Setia Alam1 January 2018
It's good for fresh graduate to join this company as the starting salary is not bad. However, don't think about work life balance over here as management judge your work performance based on how long you stay in company and you must be 24 hours on call especially for production. Top Glove is like a kingdom, all decisions will be depended on chairman even though there's memo or guideline to follow. All we do over here is to please the our beloved chairman even though we know that the things are not going to work. Other than that, there's too many rules to follow and some of them are really a waste of time (the procedures can cut short) which seriously reduce work efficiency. Anyway, glove industry is growing, so it's not harm to join this company.
fast growing company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  selangor28 December 2017
very fast growing company. can go up rank very quickly but employee turnover rate is very high. working environment is quite hazardous and dangerous because of the chemicals and fumes.
Pros
fruits given every week
Cons
dangerous environment to work
A good training centre
Executive (Current Employee) –  Shah Alam18 November 2017
As marketing executive, we do nothing about marketing but our daily work is the same sales executive.

Basically, managers do the same job as executives but some of them need to be a Head of Team but some of them just act like managers without extra responsibility. Even the executives are more busier than some of the managers.

I have direct access to the management when it comes to price negotiation which is an advantage for me as the management notices me.

Medical benefit for the staff is only RM300 but will increase to RM400 once you have worked more than 5 years which is peanuts compare to other big companies.

Hospitalization benefits are only RM20K/year for exec level.

Every year, company will organize company outing trip to 4-5 stars hotel in Malaysia. Every month, birthday lunch will provided (the quality of the food is bad)
Pros
Free gym, free lunch every month, transport allowance, Esos, free blood test, company outing
Cons
Medical benefit, too many meetings, spotcheck every 2 months, training letters, no flexibility, too many paperworks and reports
Productive & fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Meru15 November 2017
For the type of my work, here we work based on our dept.Each dept have given their work to do or to monitor. Example for me i have to handling Housekeeping team , automation team & also production team. Each time i start my work with checking with my Housekeeping team to make sure their take care their area clean & auto team i check with them whether have issue or not and for production i handle their stock item for operation line.Before this i take part in quality handling but since i join automation i stop a while and if can help i will help on quality issue. I have learned here about quality control, defect tackle and handling, mechanical part such as piping & maintenance jobs, SCADA automation and troubleshooting.Workplace here is good & clean.Work here is not to hard and not too easy. Sometime when its come to hard time u have to work harder and easier time u prepare to be more better.The hardest part in my jobs is to keep up with production demand.Their demand is important one. Anything they want is include with quality.So i have to get their wish come true or else i'll be in trouble. The most enjoyable part of the job is the worker that i have.Sometimes without we notice,they do love u. They love they way u handling them. Until then u think about leaving them, they may cry for u to stay with them cause its hard to get someone that understand their feeling.
Human Resource Executive (Current Employee) –  Klang12 November 2017
Management seem like not support HR Department and even HR Heads only know how to push employees instead represent employees to feedback. Good for fresh graduate but not suitable for senior.
production
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Klang3 October 2017
Its a very happy to work at top glove but im getting low pay of my salary and this is does not make me happy to work on this company.
In this company i have learn a lot of new things in production site and how to monitor the foreign workers in a good manner. Here also i learn how to make a prefect troubleshooting for problem solving. The most enjoyable part in this work is went we all check the lines and do some spot check in daily basis. The hardest part of job is went we do spot check sure we will get sweat because to hot in the production lines because all oven a running and also a lot of burner there.
challenges
Production Trainee (Former Employee) –  Setia Alam1 October 2017
*can learn the process of making glove
*learn how to use SAP
*learn how to communicate with foreigner worker
*learn how to solve problem when downline
*learn the way to check quality of glove