Top Glove Employee Reviews

Great place to start a career
Warehouse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Klang30 August 2018
Top Glove has a good work environment. All the employees are truly giving their cooperation during my internship period. But not recommended to work in long term as you will not have life balance
Pros
Highly paid
Cons
Need to work overtime sometimes
Great place to learn and multitask
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Selangor27 August 2018
A typical day at work consists of daily routine of monitoring process parameters in the line and reports. Here, I have learned a lot especially in terms of the process, inspection of our products and to multitask.
Big Company where a lot of learning Opportunity
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Klang2 July 2018
is a good place to gain a lot of experience, as an intern during that time was expose to real life working environment, how operation is being run. A place where your voice will be listen.
Systematic workplace
Human Resource Internship (Former Employee) –  Klang, Selangor25 June 2018
Assist in documentation, employee engagement activities such as sports day and birthday celebration. Planning for a workers trip. The hardest part of the job is having to work with foreign worker in factory.
Pros
Free lunch every monday, good salary and benefit
Structured company
In-Process Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur12 June 2018
This is a company with long standing good reputation and cares for their employees. Colleagues here are friendly and work well to help to solve the problem.
Pros
Good stable company
Cons
Too structured
good to gain experience
industrial trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru, klang1 May 2018
Have to work diligently and good in BMI. Must frequently have met and got a good result. No excuses. Have a very strong educational background to enter. Survival life in order to succeed in your project.
fun work place
QA, OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Klang13 April 2018
I in charge for weighing incoming raw materials like chemical and scraps. I have learned that we need to be honest in everything we do and be alert. environment in my workplace was fun because my colleague are helpful. This company always have fun and enjoyable event every month
Pros
birthday lunch every month
Cons
transportation
Multinational company with traditional Management Culture
R&D Researcher (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Meru, Klang21 March 2018
Everything must be fast.
Normally the project duration is about 3 months. Therefore, there are alot of restriction while convert the new development project into actual production.
Conducted Merit and Demerit Point system
Training Letter and Reminder Letter is a norm in the company.
Every 3 months are required to measure your BMI. If overweight or underweight, they will deduct your bonus based on percentage.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
Training letter, every month need to try your best to prevent company deduct your salary.
Working with varieties of race
Trainee Shipping/PM Purchasing (Internship) (Former Employee) –  SETIA ALAM SELANGOR8 March 2018
Working environment is suitable and job scope has been train for the new worker. Included program to train the trainees and new workers.Working hours depends on the department.
Benefits
Cons
Work Loads
Good place to start your career for fresh graduates
Engineer, R&D Centre (Current Employee) –  Klang3 March 2018
Good place to start your career as you're given the chance to learn and a lots of hands on tasks. However, this is a very traditional China man company. There's a lots of rules and always need to please management. There's no work life balance over here and bosses over here are very prefer you to work for very long times and most of the time OT without OT claims. For the chance to attend grand dinner, external training and exhibitions at overseas, only those with positions are allowed to attend.
Pros
travel allowance, hostel accomodation
Cons
long working hours, blindly follow instruction, less automation
productive
Trainee/ Officer (Former Employee) –  Klang23 February 2018
a very good company for those who willing to learn everything from start to the end of process.
having a good leader and superior to guide a new staff to understand more job scope and responsibility.
Old school management but great learning curve for fresh grads
Production Chemist (Current Employee) –  Klang18 February 2018
I've learned to be more decisive and firm, TG also encourage freedom of speech that is lack in other company. Overall it's a great stepping stone for youngsters but not for long term career.
Pros
Learn a lot as no specific job scope
Cons
Imbalance work life
TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Malaysia1 February 2018
The working hour is until Saturday so total up is 6 days per week alternately.
I learned many things on research and testing. .Management is a bit slack when there are paying the salary and key in the attendance for the worker. The culture is fun and we get dinner and birthday celebration every month. It increasing the bond we made. The games also fun. The hardest is when we display the result and it's kinda bit frustrating when we have to redo the long research again. Anyway, we get to learn about keeping calm and manage the knowledge we had all these years.
Pros
Good work, Salary, Fun and good time management
Cons
No safety insurance and lack of appreciation
Production Officer (Current Employee) –  Selangor1 February 2018
It is quite hectic in the production lines. I learned how to survive in a big company. The experience and the culture are very much different from what I had before. From my point of view, I can cover other departments' roles just being as a production staff.
great place to start your career.
Production trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru18 January 2018
A place where work culture is applied. Always aim for better future. Provide good working environment. Punctuality is a must. Management is great. The best about the job is you getting free access to the gym as Top Glove really concerns on its staff healthcare.
Best work place to learn and gain experience
Former Executive (Current Employee) –  Klang11 January 2018
5 working days and weekly alternate working on Saturday. Good company for fresh grads student to gain experience. Also high paid salary for fresh grads.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
expose to danger chemical
Productive workplace and discipline environment
Warehouse/Logistic Trainee (Former Employee) –  Klang10 January 2018
Basically, I learned a lot while doing internship at Top Glove. I become more independent there because the workplace taught me that I need to be more confident and do all tasks by myself without dependent on anyone.

Besides, the environment really productive and everyone need to walk around production everyday at least 20 minutes per day to create more new idea how to improve production of company instead of just sit at the office.

Thank you.
Pros
Birthday Lunch treat every month, free gym
Cons
healthcare
A good place for fresh graduate to start your career
Engineer, R&D Centre (Current Employee) –  Setia Alam1 January 2018
It's good for fresh graduate to join this company as the starting salary is not bad. However, don't think about work life balance over here as management judge your work performance based on how long you stay in company and you must be 24 hours on call especially for production. Top Glove is like a kingdom, all decisions will be depended on chairman even though there's memo or guideline to follow. All we do over here is to please the our beloved chairman even though we know that the things are not going to work. Other than that, there's too many rules to follow and some of them are really a waste of time (the procedures can cut short) which seriously reduce work efficiency. Anyway, glove industry is growing, so it's not harm to join this company.
fast growing company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  selangor28 December 2017
very fast growing company. can go up rank very quickly but employee turnover rate is very high. working environment is quite hazardous and dangerous because of the chemicals and fumes.
Pros
fruits given every week
Cons
dangerous environment to work
A good training centre
Executive (Current Employee) –  Shah Alam18 November 2017
As marketing executive, we do nothing about marketing but our daily work is the same sales executive.

Basically, managers do the same job as executives but some of them need to be a Head of Team but some of them just act like managers without extra responsibility. Even the executives are more busier than some of the managers.

I have direct access to the management when it comes to price negotiation which is an advantage for me as the management notices me.

Medical benefit for the staff is only RM300 but will increase to RM400 once you have worked more than 5 years which is peanuts compare to other big companies.

Hospitalization benefits are only RM20K/year for exec level.

Every year, company will organize company outing trip to 4-5 stars hotel in Malaysia. Every month, birthday lunch will provided (the quality of the food is bad)
Pros
Free gym, free lunch every month, transport allowance, Esos, free blood test, company outing
Cons
Medical benefit, too many meetings, spotcheck every 2 months, training letters, no flexibility, too many paperworks and reports