Top Glove Employee Reviews

great place to start your career.
Production trainee (Former Employee) –  Meru18 January 2018
A place where work culture is applied. Always aim for better future. Provide good working environment. Punctuality is a must. Management is great. The best about the job is you getting free access to the gym as Top Glove really concerns on its staff healthcare.
Best work place to learn and gain experience
Former Executive (Current Employee) –  Klang11 January 2018
5 working days and weekly alternate working on Saturday. Good company for fresh grads student to gain experience. Also high paid salary for fresh grads.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
expose to danger chemical
Productive workplace and discipline environment
Warehouse/Logistic Trainee (Former Employee) –  Klang10 January 2018
Basically, I learned a lot while doing internship at Top Glove. I become more independent there because the workplace taught me that I need to be more confident and do all tasks by myself without dependent on anyone.

Besides, the environment really productive and everyone need to walk around production everyday at least 20 minutes per day to create more new idea how to improve production of company instead of just sit at the office.

Thank you.
Pros
Birthday Lunch treat every month, free gym
Cons
healthcare
A good place for fresh graduate to start your career
Engineer, R&D Centre (Current Employee) –  Setia Alam1 January 2018
It's good for fresh graduate to join this company as the starting salary is not bad. However, don't think about work life balance over here as management judge your work performance based on how long you stay in company and you must be 24 hours on call especially for production. Top Glove is like a kingdom, all decisions will be depended on chairman even though there's memo or guideline to follow. All we do over here is to please the our beloved chairman even though we know that the things are not going to work. Other than that, there's too many rules to follow and some of them are really a waste of time (the procedures can cut short) which seriously reduce work efficiency. Anyway, glove industry is growing, so it's not harm to join this company.
fast growing company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  selangor28 December 2017
very fast growing company. can go up rank very quickly but employee turnover rate is very high. working environment is quite hazardous and dangerous because of the chemicals and fumes.
Pros
fruits given every week
Cons
dangerous environment to work
A good training centre
Executive (Current Employee) –  Shah Alam18 November 2017
As marketing executive, we do nothing about marketing but our daily work is the same sales executive.

Basically, managers do the same job as executives but some of them need to be a Head of Team but some of them just act like managers without extra responsibility. Even the executives are more busier than some of the managers.

I have direct access to the management when it comes to price negotiation which is an advantage for me as the management notices me.

Medical benefit for the staff is only RM300 but will increase to RM400 once you have worked more than 5 years which is peanuts compare to other big companies.

Hospitalization benefits are only RM20K/year for exec level.

Every year, company will organize company outing trip to 4-5 stars hotel in Malaysia. Every month, birthday lunch will provided (the quality of the food is bad)
Pros
Free gym, free lunch every month, transport allowance, Esos, free blood test, company outing
Cons
Medical benefit, too many meetings, spotcheck every 2 months, training letters, no flexibility, too many paperworks and reports
Productive & fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Meru15 November 2017
For the type of my work, here we work based on our dept.Each dept have given their work to do or to monitor. Example for me i have to handling Housekeeping team , automation team & also production team. Each time i start my work with checking with my Housekeeping team to make sure their take care their area clean & auto team i check with them whether have issue or not and for production i handle their stock item for operation line.Before this i take part in quality handling but since i join automation i stop a while and if can help i will help on quality issue. I have learned here about quality control, defect tackle and handling, mechanical part such as piping & maintenance jobs, SCADA automation and troubleshooting.Workplace here is good & clean.Work here is not to hard and not too easy. Sometime when its come to hard time u have to work harder and easier time u prepare to be more better.The hardest part in my jobs is to keep up with production demand.Their demand is important one. Anything they want is include with quality.So i have to get their wish come true or else i'll be in trouble. The most enjoyable part of the job is the worker that i have.Sometimes without we notice,they do love u. They love they way u handling them. Until then u think about leaving them, they may cry for u to stay with them cause its hard to get someone that understand their feeling.
Human Resource Executive (Current Employee) –  Klang12 November 2017
Management seem like not support HR Department and even HR Heads only know how to push employees instead represent employees to feedback. Good for fresh graduate but not suitable for senior.
production
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Klang3 October 2017
Its a very happy to work at top glove but im getting low pay of my salary and this is does not make me happy to work on this company.
In this company i have learn a lot of new things in production site and how to monitor the foreign workers in a good manner. Here also i learn how to make a prefect troubleshooting for problem solving. The most enjoyable part in this work is went we all check the lines and do some spot check in daily basis. The hardest part of job is went we do spot check sure we will get sweat because to hot in the production lines because all oven a running and also a lot of burner there.
challenges
Production Trainee (Former Employee) –  Setia Alam1 October 2017
*can learn the process of making glove
*learn how to use SAP
*learn how to communicate with foreigner worker
*learn how to solve problem when downline
*learn the way to check quality of glove
Have a lot of benefit
Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  Setia Alam14 August 2017
Have a gym , Free lunch once per month . Have a good colleagues .Have a exercise every Wednesday morning . Good to gain experience for a fresh graduates .
productive and fun work togerther .
asst.supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klang25 July 2017
During work learning how to do something when u didn't know..and work together with all department to get good quality and less complent from marketing and customer to got quality based timeline top glove

Good quality,good effieciency
Cons
learning something with all department and factory
productive and fun
trainee production engineer (Former Employee) –  Klang23 July 2017
I have given a tasnk to Installed digital pH meter sensor at latex tank to clarify the latex pH is within the range (7.5 to 11.00). Secondly,Installed new pulling brush when the glove passed through thesensor for line 9, 10 and 12 and Prepared purchase orders and send copies to suppliers. I also learned to review purchasing files, reports and price lists. Compared prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers and Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
Productive and gained a lot of experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Malaysia19 June 2017
I have exposed myself in conducting few improvement projects such as converting manual operating system to auto mode by implementing process controllers and sensors. I have experience in communicating with professional and workers fluently and a highly organized person. I have experience using AutoCAD during my internship at industry level for a project completion as well. I enjoyed proposing new improvement ideas to my department.
Pros
Good learning exposure.
Cons
Unhealthy surronding.
great platform to learned new knowledge
trainee, Shipping/ Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Klang18 June 2017
I have worked at TOP GLOVE under Shipping/ Purchasing department. As a trainee i learned a lot about Shipping such as send out BC, key in data i SAP, arrange haulier and agents for orders. Moreover i also learned how to issue PO, amend supplier, check artwork under purchasing department. in my opinion, the management is very substantial and the workplace culture is more to minimize the mistakes. I found that, amend supplier is quite hardest job under purchasing department.
Pros
birthday lunch
Cons
unnecessary meeting
Good exposure in glove manufacturing line
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lukut, Negeri Sembilan13 June 2017
Overall is a good company for industrial training.
Every staff has to follow the direction of the CEO is the culture of the company.
I have learned from the production until shipment of the products through my internship.
Great Place to Learn
Boiler and Plant Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Meru29 May 2017
A great place to learn all the manufacturing process on the glove making. Great exposures on maintenance, cleanliness, managing local and foreigner. Able to interact directly to top and senior management.
A very good pedestal to learn and gain new knowledege, ideas always get taken into consideration
Intern (Former Employee) –  Meru20 May 2017
Starts off with meeting among production department. Learned on the process of glove manufacturing and development of the product. Management expects to perform 100% and give full commitment. Hardest part is the heat of the manufacturing process and pressure to keep production running without quality issues. Most enjoyable part is the benefits given for employees at the Top Glove Tower.
Pros
Free lunches, Allowances, Rewards
Cons
Work Stress
Very cooperate and productive workplace.
TOP GLOVE SECRETARY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Klang5 May 2017
Very cooperate and productive workplace. The high accuracy to be punctual is very important as they are providing the time based on punch card. As a sales promoter, well language is important to speak to the customers.
Enjoyable
Assistant Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Meru4 May 2017
Enjoyable most of the times, but there are also stressful for some times. Working 6 days per week, except for Saturday which is half day. The hardest part of the job is when the thumbprint is not properly work causing yourself to tally the times of working within short due.
Pros
Inhouse Medical Treatment
Cons
Allergy sensitivity