UCSI University Employee Reviews

Excellent drama
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Dickson6 July 2019
This more about UCSI International School Springhill. The school was good in the first year of my teaching until the leadership members changed. You should be careful with those people who always sweet with you because you dont know whether they talk about you behind.
Pros
Teaching a variety of subjects even it is not based on your field, They just point it to you, if the result is not good, It is time for you to leave
Cons
Walk away from this school if you think you wont add more drama in your life, The walls have ears and mouth at this school
Colleagues Are Wonderful
Admin Executive (Former Employee) –  Cheras24 May 2019
The environment is very nice. Staff and students are easy-gong, friendly and helpful. I have learned to multi-task and process things in a short period of time.
Pros
Colleagues were fantastic
Cons
Staff Benefits
Not the best employer but good to gain experience
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cheras Kuala Lumpur27 December 2018
I had a bad experience with the new school management after the last good team resigned. I can see a lot of nepotism practice where a new boss handpicked a person she likes the most to be her department lead.
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
Insurance benefit cost us money and claim later and bonus is based on who the boss likes the most.
Workplace culture is intense
English Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 November 2018
Cut-throat and always telling employees that their jobs are on the line. The company always communicates they are losing money and students to force our hands to work more and more. Same message every staff meeting.
No fun all work no so much of play
Head of Compensation and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur26 October 2018
Average benefits, nothing to shout about. All work and no play make Jane a dull one. Decisions not at your hands have to rely on top people to make the decision.
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Average benefits, non compliance company
Nice Environment to work and reliable
student (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur. malaysia17 October 2018
It is a good place to work and study where your skills and knowledge will be developed to a high standard. It has a condusive environment that gives workers the feel to always wanna aspire and do more without feeling stress
Cons
Short Break
Academic Teaching and Supervision
Head of Accounting and Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur7 October 2018
Academic teaching and supervising MBA students. I am the head of department reporting to the Dean of the faculty. On top of that, I managed to run a few conferences inviting industry players and professional accounting bodies.
Pros
Stable and growing
Cons
Limited Career Path
Company with potential
FLOOR LEADER (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 August 2018
UCSI has a lot of potential to become a dominating force in education in Malaysia. What I learned was, multiculturalism and ability to work with multiple races. Language was a barrier as i couldn't speak their native language. However, it was a pleasant experience
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Slow work pace
A place with politics but not for result-oriented
Event Relationship Marketing (National) (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur5 August 2018
- Workplace culture is not good for self-development
- Not a good place for result-oriented
- Multi-task in the office is fine but not multi-talk during driving
- Often receive or required to reply message after working hour even in the midnight
productive
videographer (Former Employee) –  malaysia18 May 2018
it nice place to work and build carrier.. excellence university and work place, friendly staff and management and good place settle down your carrier, take it as home business family character of surrounding
Pros
freedom
Cons
family environment
Good
Head of department (Former Employee) –  Cheras23 April 2018
Overall, good working environment and the staff benefit is also good. I developed my leadership skills here.However, the workload is hectic and we are deemed to help out with the marketing job as well.
Good work place and environment.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur23 April 2018
Different way of work. Everyday look at the same building. Compare to work as a Project manager build new building see the building grows from piling until the roof.

Need to control emotion and attitude to communicate with youngster (students) and make ourselves become their idol.

Work as a team, share knowledge workload with others. Only facing the management team that always communicate with different language.

It's a must for lecturers to attend each graduation ceremony. Sometime its effect our golden time with family. But the joy came when see the student on the stage with their scroll. Their success is our success.
Pros
Many facilities provide by University
Cons
Rigid time and schedule to suite University and MQA requirement.
Efficiently run school
Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur12 January 2018
General music classes using singing and instruments. I learned not to get too upset when things don't go the way i had planned. The hardest part of the job is getting to the students who seem unreachable. The most enjoyable part was working hard and having great performances.
Poorly run company
teacher (Current Employee) –  Subang Jaya12 November 2017
Racist hiring policies and practices. Management is not in it for education, but rather money and they make that very, very clear. Lack of curriculum and professional teachers. Poor staff morale, due to management. HR is incompetent and aids accounting in cheating staff of final pay, taxes and pension plans. An extremely high turn over of teachers, and teachers on sick leave cold for making too many photocopies. School's internet often does not work.
Cons
Read the above statement
Fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Physiology Lab12 November 2017
My role was to supervise and assist undergraduate students to conduct laboratory experiments in relation to their final year project in the area of pharmacology. Studies conducted on anti-inflammation, anti-ulcer and anti-diabetic.
Good career advancement if can deliver well
Assistant Manager in Internal Audit department (Current Employee) –  Cheras3 October 2017
Good career advancement if can deliver well.
Good teamwork in my department
Long working hours (9am - 6pm)
Got Saturday duty which is not practical for some deparment
Pros
Good teamwork in my department
Cons
Lack of medical benefit
Working culture
part-time lecturer (Former Employee) –  cheras25 May 2017
working culture is quite busy due to shortage of staff, one month bonus, need to work on saturday, a lot of meeting and training, less salary compare to other university
Scholarship student = Student Helper
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Cheras, Kuala Lumpur4 May 2017
I have applied for UCSI University Trust Scholarship during my degree pursue. I worked mostly in task administration, Open day and Education Fair. It is more on administrative skill to be acquired.
Money hungry
Primary teacher (Former Employee) –  Subang Jaya23 April 2017
A school that will do whatever they can to keep money in their pocket. Even if it means cheating their teachers. The Prinicpal is a local Chinese. Don't waste your time!
Cons
Benefits, Prinicpal, No resources
Great students!
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur17 April 2017
I loved my students at UCSI, and we had an effective curriculum for moving students along quickly in their acquisition of English as a second language.

There was a lot of uncertainty at the time I was working there about relocating to another location.

I enjoyed the teacher improvement sessions in which teachers had a chance to share with other teachers. Every workplace should do this.