UCSI University

UCSI University Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Just nice
Have a nice working environment. Staff can use the university facility easily, relationship with other departments also good. The hardest part is to fulfil the needs of students.
Workplace culture is intense
Cut-throat and always telling employees that their jobs are on the line. The company always communicates they are losing money and students to force our hands to work more and more. Same message every staff meeting.
No fun all work no so much of play
Average benefits, nothing to shout about. All work and no play make Jane a dull one. Decisions not at your hands have to rely on top people to make the decision.
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Average benefits, non compliance company
Nice Environment to work and reliable
It is a good place to work and study where your skills and knowledge will be developed to a high standard. It has a condusive environment that gives workers the feel to always wanna aspire and do more without feeling stress
Cons
Short Break
Academic Teaching and Supervision
Academic teaching and supervising MBA students. I am the head of department reporting to the Dean of the faculty. On top of that, I managed to run a few conferences inviting industry players and professional accounting bodies.
Pros
Stable and growing
Cons
Limited Career Path
Company with potential
UCSI has a lot of potential to become a dominating force in education in Malaysia. What I learned was, multiculturalism and ability to work with multiple races. Language was a barrier as i couldn't speak their native language. However, it was a pleasant experience
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Slow work pace
A place with politics but not for result-oriented
- Workplace culture is not good for self-development
- Not a good place for result-oriented

- Multi-task in the office is fine but not multi-talk during driving

- Often receive or required to reply message after working hour even in the midnight
Cons
Good work place and environment.
Different way of work. Everyday look at the same building. Compare to work as a Project manager build new building see the building grows from piling until the roof.

Need to control emotion and attitude to communicate with youngster (students) and make ourselves become their idol.

Work as a team, share knowledge workload with others. Only facing the management team that always communicate with different language.

It's a must for lecturers to attend each graduation ceremony. Sometime its effect our golden time with family. But the joy came when see the student on the stage with their scroll. Their success is our success.
Pros
Many facilities provide by University
Cons
Rigid time and schedule to suite University and MQA requirement.
Efficiently run school
General music classes using singing and instruments. I learned not to get too upset when things don't go the way i had planned. The hardest part of the job is getting to the students who seem unreachable. The most enjoyable part was working hard and having great performances.
Great students!
I loved my students at UCSI, and we had an effective curriculum for moving students along quickly in their acquisition of English as a second language.

There was a lot of uncertainty at the time I was working there about relocating to another location.

I enjoyed the teacher improvement sessions in which teachers had a chance to share with other teachers. Every workplace should do this.
It is very stressful
Established for more than 30 years, the educational institute has established a name for itself among the private institutes of Malaysia. Its best selling courses include Music, Pharmacy and Medicine. Its has some of the best staff among private institutes
Pros
In the capital city
Cons
long hours and not flexible
Excellent and fun working place
it is very fun and excellent working place. besides that it is flexible working hours and there will be career advancement which is very good for employees.
Cons
healthcare
High staff turnover
9 to 5 job. Academic staff are expected to teach, publish, work on research, attend courses and do administrative work. Occassional marketing.

Modest bonus offered once a year. Promotion is dependent on number of publications.

25 days of vacation leave a year.
Pros
Salary paid out on time, benefits provided
Cons
High staff turnover
student admin work in the office is rather smooth
Student Administrative work include being the student representative and attend meetings on behalf of students and such, taking care of their financial inquiries, and filling works. It is not too challenging and repetitive
Pros
nice workplace
Cons
too repetitive
Fun working place
working with nice and experienced superiors and co-workers.
Fun with all children and parents.

leaning about the concern of chidren studying and the marketing espect.

fully supports from the top management and sobordinates to complete each task.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
not enough spaceto expend
The people here
The people here create an environment that make us feel belonging to the organization. Hence, it give us an oppurtunity to excel well in the task given as we can be auto pilot.
A serious working place
A working place where you can definitely learn and adds up your experience. Serious work culture, very dynamic and a lot of activities.

A lot of friendly and highly skilled staff that will definitely enhance your work experience.
Pros
Friendly staff
Flexible working place
Co workers are nice and friendly . Works are simple and routine with little challenge. Supervisor is understanding and exert little control on staff and promote creativity. Most importantly, I have learned about the systems and blended learning to better students' experience.
Pros
flexible
Cons
big group of students (300)
Awesome place to work
I was a pass leader whereby I have to teach students some subjects that I am proficient in.

I learnt how to deal with different issues such as language barriers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCSI University. Our community is ready to answer.