WaveMaker

WaveMaker Employee Reviews

Empresa comprometica con clientes, empleados y accionestas
Director Analitics & Insights (Former Employee) –  México19 November 2019
Trabajar en Wavemaker es un reto diario que se afronta en compañía de un gran equipo
Pros
ambiente, prestaciones
Cons
no hay comedor
Fast paced agency environment
Digital Strategy Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 September 2019
No two days are ever the same for a digital media professional. New challenges everyday dealing with tools and technology related to our productivity.

Learn about new innovations in the digital media space everyday, through education offered by the company as well as vendors.

Clients can be difficult, which is the nature of the job itself. Senior leadership makes themselves available for support if needed.

Staff turnover can be high at times due to the high pressure environment, and other agencies offering more competitive compensation.
Fun place to work but a lot of employee turnaround
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 September 2019
The work was tough, but there was a lot of perks (food, fun, etc.) Projects often had quick turnaround with little to no notice, but long term projects were very collaborative and there was a thoughtful timeline to make sure things got done correctly. People in lower positions tended to stay for about 1-2 years before leaving.
No Work Life Balance
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Bonifacio City24 August 2019
No work life balance since its an advertising industry were most of tasks or job requirement have deadlines

Always changing decisions from the top management
Okay place to work, doesn’t pay enough and doesn’t seem to care that they don’t pay enough.
Negotiator for Paramount Pictures (Current Employee) –  New York, NY21 July 2019
Wavemaker is an okay place to work. The new office at 3 World Trade Center is beautiful, and some of the people who work here are great. My biggest concern is that they are not competitive in salary for their employees compared to other companies for the same job. It is very frustrating and I am currently dealing with that.
Perfect
Digital Analyst (Current Employee) –  Australia20 January 2019
I have loved my time at wavemaker Sydney, very excited to continue through life with the skills provided to me by the superb management and excellent skills available to anyone.
Great Atmosphere
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY14 January 2019
The workplace culture is an open seating environment. Teamwork and a working together culture is what the company is all about. I have learned great communication, organizational and time management skills. This job has given me great experience in my professional career.
No culture since the merger
Journey Designer (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2019
Slowly motivation has decreased, low resource for job which means long hours and little recognition.
People are still great in teams but senior management cause disruption.
Leistungsintensiv
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bezirk Zürich, ZH9 January 2019
Leider stimmt hier die Balance zwischen Arbeitsbelastung und Vergütung überaupt nicht. Auch besteht wenig bis gar kein Interesse am Wohlbefinden der Mitarbeiter. Wertschätzung am Arbeitsplatz lässt ebenfalls zu wünschen übrig.
Pros
Zuschuss Mittagessen
Great
Journey and Design Media Asssitant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 September 2018
Great environment, lovely atmosphere, achievable, busy but rewarding. Can move about to different departments (job rotation) which is essential in an innovative field
Pros
All expenses paid for, fair holidays
Cons
Need degree
My worst agency experience in London
Journey activation manager (PPC) (Former Employee) –  Sea container, London20 August 2018
I always had great experiences working for agencies in London managing PPC campaigns. However my experience with Wavemaker Global was the worst I had since I started to work as a PPC Consultant in 2015.

Poor organization in the management. I had to wait almost 2 weeks before getting a laptop.

Also there is not any culture of sharing knowledge within the team. Seems like everyone is working on different project.

When it comes to campaigns management, they are old school. I felt like I was 5 years ago. The management there really need to think out of the box and keep up to date with the latest innovation in Paid Search Marleting.

After 3 weeks I simply ran away...

My advice if you want to learn and make a career as a PPC Consultant, avoid Wavemaker or make sure to ask the right question at the itw
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management and basic PPC knowledge
Great work and wonderful people
Senior Media Buyer (Current Employee) –  South Africa14 August 2018
I had no experience when I started here and they trained me and gave me all the tools to learn and to be a great buyer. The people I worked with were so supportive and I learned so much from them.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Far from home
Vibrant and modern company
SEniour Journey Maker (Current Employee) –  London25 July 2018
I enjoy working at Wavemaker for its vibrant and diverse work environment.
I have a team of colleagues who truly believe in what they do and are great at supporting each others
nice
Planning Manager, Maxus (Former Employee) –  Quarry Bay, Hong Kong Island23 July 2018
study a lot. helpful colleague and nice working environment.
nice company benefit such as OT meal claimed, OT travel taxi claimed, company outing event.
however, OT a lot.
fun place to work at
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IN30 June 2018
it's a good organization, it gives you lot of growth opportunities between different departments, which provides with more learning experience

offsets, participation in awards!
Das Team entscheidet über die Qualität der Arbeit
Manager (Current Employee) –  Düsseldorf16 May 2018
Es ist extrem entscheidend, in welches Team und dadurch zu welchem Vorgesetzen man kommt.
Pros
Hohe Flexibilität der Arbeitszeiten und des Arbeitsplatzes
Cons
Oft fehlende interne Kommunikation
Fun Environment
Digital Investment Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 April 2018
Great collaborative environment. I worked there for a year and a half and enjoyed my time there. Pay and work life balance was not great but you learn alot and have opportunities to advance.
Small company with the backing of a large company
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NY2 November 2017
A small agency with the backing of WPP allows it to operate with the clout of a much larger agency. Depending on the team you work for will determine workload and work/life balance.
Productive and Learning and Freedom
Senior Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana9 July 2017
WaveMaker provides the most comprehensive suite of products to assist enterprise build, deploy and manage API-based apps.

Best product learn new technologies and Integrations of features into the product.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Less Pay for experienced